Qld members
I hope all our Qld members and others familys up that way are safe from the floods. I no Pete Fasterfaster is up on the hill But we do have a member Grant at Toowoomba so stay safe Guys And Girls .
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
stay safe and dry guys if ya can , been watching the footage on ch9 just like a disaster you would see in some 3rd world country
Looks like we will be cut off within the hour. Nothing to do but sit it out.
(11-01-2011, 10:49am)amcmo Wrote: Looks like we will be cut off within the hour. Nothing to do but sit it out.
same here,no way in or out and the river is rising fast again.More of the back yard is now floating towards Bundy now , atleast the rain has eased off.
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
Rod if you are reffering to grant as in macbusa he is safe and sound up in townsville now. We havent had any real flooding up here in townsville as yet but but we have had plenty of rain and the ground is soaked so it wouldnt take much to get nasty and our wet season is only really just getting under way. I hope everyone further south is gonna be safe. our shelves are starting to look pretty bare in places i can only just imagine what some of the towns further south are like. im gonna go chat with the boss now about maybe donating my time to the damage assesment and reconstruction phase of this ordeal as far as public infrastructure eg roads,bridges and utilities go see if we can help out some of the smaller councils with no money.
Regards

Dan
Well, I just had my 2nd accident in 20yrs. Coming home from work, pissing down rain & didn't see the water on the road.

Hit the water at approx 40klm/hr. It was about a foot deep. Almost made it through & then the front went sideways. Luckily the deep water protected the bike a bit. It didn't cop too much damage.

Scratched the RH side & the front edge of the RH side can. She was still running laying on it's side in the water. Shut it off, stood it up. All good. Started her up & rode home.

No damage to me other than a bruised leg.
gotta be so careful in these conditions. ive seen a foot of water push a 4x4 off a causeway. glad your not hurt to bad and the bike is ok
Regards

Dan
Damn! - It's getting pretty serious when the Police are urging Brisbane inner-city homeowners to evacuate! http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-wor...19m1s.html
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
Yes , getting very serious up here. Mono is floodbound where he lives but he is safe up high on a hill in Dayboro. I've had to come home early from work due to flooding in my area [ Petrie]. I've got my youngest daughter who cannot get home due to bridges under water & closed . She will stay with friends, and my eldest daughter at 38 weeks pregnant stuck on the highway at Morayfield with the traffic stopped trying to get to her home at Caboulture which is cut off due to floodwaters. Cannot move forward & cannot turn back. My father will have flooding at his house in Windsor tomorrow with expected high tides and already high water.
Guys feeling sorry for you guys in QLD, want to help but I am limited by reach, finance and swimming capacity so we can only Pray. I hope the prayers reach you guys and you all remain safe.

Cheers,
Bill
on this note - do we want to start a club donation drive, count me in for it if we do..
(11-01-2011, 05:40pm)Bill Gaheer Wrote: on this note - do we want to start a club donation drive, count me in for it if we do..

lovely idea bill ClapClap count me in i dont have much but i will donate
My eldest daughter has made it to her home safely. Latest reports for Brisbane for tomorrow & thursday are putting the floodwaters higher then back in 1974 so my fathers house will be well & truely flooded. Should lap the top steps if we are lucky.
I'm one of the lucky ones , my home is dry and my family is accounted for. Sadly for others there has been some horrific stories.
Thank you for the thought Rod, I'm in Townsville now, but my investment home is in Toowoomba and i can't get ahold of either the realestate or the tennets :(
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
With the flood waters receding be aware of the changed condition & surfaces now that could catch you out around the next bend.
PA King & I went out for our 1st little ride this morning after the floods to see what the conditions were like on the northeren run.
There was a lot of chopped up road surfaces, loose dirt/gravel & several detours for either damaged roads or water still across them.
Mt Mee has signs of damage most of the way up it & has barriers to stop you going over the edges & stop/go workers & lights up there.
This pic is from just outside of Kilcoy (130Ks from home) on the way to Jimna ( landcruiser park)
The further we travelled along the road the condition got worse with many mud slides & trees across the road until we could go no more.
We couldn't even see the other side of the road around this slide
[Image: IMGP7452.jpg]
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue