Changes from 2008 to 2010 ???
Just wondering? Can anyone tell me if there have been any changes between the models?

With the Gen 1s it was constantly revised, with little tweakes, subframe/cam chain tensioner recall/fuel pump moved etc.

But what about the Gen 2s? Has there been any recalls? Has there been any changes at all (obviously not interested in colour/stickers etc.)

Had a guy travelling thru the other day with a Jaffa who said it was the old model(2008) with the smaller 1300cc engine - not the new 1340.
- I put him straight on that and he was obviously pleased. But it got me thinking if maybe there had been some small tweaks as the Gen 2 evolves.

If buying 2nd hand and age not an issue - is there a difference?

Anyone??
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Sure is Ward , gen 1's look good ,well ,better .Carbon has both in his FLEET ,wait for his words of wisdom .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Ward, I saw a similar thread on the .org, and the consensus was that the Gen 2 bikes are all the same, apart from colour schemes.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
The first of the gen 2's only had 2 recalls as far as I know. One being Ignition wiring routed wrong requiring replacement of the ignition barrel. The other being a recall for the clutch bolts. Some bike had problems with these bolts becoming loose and working their way out far enough to wear into the side case.
These are the only recalls I know of and have had on my bike. I believe there is a sticker on the sub frame denoting recall carried out ( cant remember exactly where the sticker is located but believe it to be under the rear seat/ducktail on the frame to the front of the compartment)
I dont know of any other recalls for the gen 2 and I dont believe there are any other "tweaks" from the first of the gen 2's to the present.
Someone else may be able to shed a bit more light on the subject.
Cheers
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
(06-11-2010, 10:45pm)VNSVLE Wrote: The first of the gen 2's only had 2 recalls as far as I know. One being Ignition wiring routed wrong requiring replacement of the ignition barrel. The other being a recall for the clutch bolts. Some bike had problems with these bolts becoming loose and working their way out far enough to wear into the side case.
These are the only recalls I know of and have had on my bike. I believe there is a sticker on the sub frame denoting recall carried out ( cant remember exactly where the sticker is located but believe it to be under the rear seat/ducktail on the frame to the front of the compartment)
I dont know of any other recalls for the gen 2 and I dont believe there are any other "tweaks" from the first of the gen 2's to the present.
Someone else may be able to shed a bit more light on the subject.
Cheers

+1 on these. sitting at a busa fanatic coffee table with falco recently these were the only relevant changes to come up. they checked falco's bike and confirmed that a factory or dealer mod had rectified the wiring.
No changes......just colours....
(04-12-2010, 06:54pm)Resn8 Wrote: No changes......just colours....

just colours.
If it helps, my K9 hasn't crashed like my K8 did. For me that is a huge improvement Lol3
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Just to put the record straight. There has only been 1 recall on the Gen II busa.
It was for inspection of the ignition barrel wiring route.
If the routing was found to be faulty, the barrel had to be replaced.

Although some GEN II busas had loosely fitted clutch bolts, there has not been a recall to inspect or fix them.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
(13-12-2010, 08:21pm)BUSGO Wrote: Just to put the record straight. There has only been 1 recall on the Gen II busa.

Although some GEN II busas had loosely fitted clutch bolts, there has not been a recall to inspect or fix them.

Should there be a recall sticker somewhere if inspection done of the ignition barrel wiring route
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(14-12-2010, 08:20am)ROD Wrote:
(13-12-2010, 08:21pm)BUSGO Wrote: Just to put the record straight. There has only been 1 recall on the Gen II busa.

Should there be a recall sticker somewhere if inspection done of the ignition barrel wiring route

Mine is under the hump clearly visible on the subframe (behind riders seat). My bike was one of the ones that had the barrel replaced due to an incorrectly routed harness. It was also one of the bikes that had the clutch bolts come loose. I guess I'm just lucky (or is it because my Gen2 is only number 11?)Undecided.
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???
(14-12-2010, 08:20am)ROD Wrote:

Had mine looked at & no sticker was attached
The recall only applied to a range of vin numbered bikes in 2008. A sticker should be placed on the tool tray under the hump if it was recalled and inspected even if there was no problem found.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Campaign Number SRC08-01
Model GSX1300RK8
VIN numbers JS1CK111300100001 - JS1CK111300100575
Description Ignition Switch Recall

http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/news.../road.html
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
my recall sticker is under the hump i think thay had probs with front brake lever not toching the sanser for the brake light