Spanked a 2010 GSXR1000 last night
Only just recently bought the Busa so have been taking my time getting the feel of her and setting her up, But 1 of my mates has a beautiful 2010 GSXR1000, and for weeks he's been trying to line me up.
Tried to get me to play about a week ago but I didn't know the road and still feeling out the bike...Well, he tried again last night and the old Busa wiped the floor with him, we were cruise about 160kms when we came onto a huge straight, nice quiet country back road, and he kicked her down and went for it. He went past me before I realized what he was up, but kicked the busa down to 4th and let her loose, he pulled out a couple of lengths on me because of his run up, but by 240kms, I was beside him then that was the last I saw. He claims the stayed with me too around 260 then I run away. He couldn't believe the top end punch of the busa. I shut down at an indicated 310km, and he was miles back...So now we have another believer.
I was amazed at her stability at speed...Lovely bike. I initially only bought her for a temp bike to fill in till I could get more funds for a newer bie, but I think this badgirl will be around awhile yet.
I had the pleasure of doing the same thing to a guy on a GSXR1000. We sat side by side at a set of lights, he gave it a few good revs gunned it straight away. At first I thought I'm only running the bike in so I'll give this one a miss and tok off sedately but after shifting to second I thought f*** It.

It took only seconds to catch, pass and leave that guy thinking "what the f*** just happened".

Gotta love a Busa!!!!
(25-11-2010, 07:06am)Bugsy27 Wrote: Only just recently bought the Busa so have been taking my time getting the feel of her and setting her up, But 1 of my mates has a beautiful 2010 GSXR1000, and for weeks he's been trying to line me up.
Tried to get me to play about a week ago but I didn't know the road and still feeling out the bike...Well, he tried again last night and the old Busa wiped the floor with him, we were cruise about 160kms when we came onto a huge straight, nice quiet country back road, and he kicked her down and went for it. He went past me before I realized what he was up, but kicked the busa down to 4th and let her loose, he pulled out a couple of lengths on me because of his run up, but by 240kms, I was beside him then that was the last I saw. He claims the stayed with me too around 260 then I run away. He couldn't believe the top end punch of the busa. I shut down at an indicated 310km, and he was miles back...So now we have another believer.
I was amazed at her stability at speed...Lovely bike. I initially only bought her for a temp bike to fill in till I could get more funds for a newer bie, but I think this badgirl will be around awhile yet.

Just be careful posting this stuff on an open forum... PoliceKnuppel2
Regards,

John

2fast4u
[/quote]

Just be careful posting this stuff on an open forum... PoliceKnuppel2
[/quote]

Yep understand that, Our local plod are too busy out taxing the innocent motorist.
Anyway we have the Burt Munroe race meeting down here this weekend and have thousands of bikes cruising the area. Brilliant to see and hear...Hopefully a good safe weekend for everyone
Just read your bio . . . Gen 1 2001? still an awesome machine aye!

You're just preaching to the converted here - but I'd also love a gixer!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(25-11-2010, 07:06am)Bugsy27 Wrote: Only just recently bought the Busa so have been taking my time getting the feel of her and setting her up, But 1 of my mates has a beautiful 2010 GSXR1000, and for weeks he's been trying to line me up.

No better feeling than occasionally showing some of the "boy racers" what sheer brute power is all about....Pi_thumbsupScaryPi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley
[quote='Bugsy27' pid='231528' dateline='1290632768']
me too around 260 then I run away. He couldn't believe the top end . I shut down at an indicated 310km,
My 2001 only indicates up to300 Icon_rolleyes
Mines running a 99 speedo. It has been slightly worked over and have documentaion of 2 flying mile runs here on a Genuine 328 kmph, and a 326kmph
(28-11-2010, 06:26pm)Bugsy27 Wrote: Mines running a 99 speedo. It has been slightly worked over and have documentaion of 2 flying mile runs here on a Genuine 328 kmph, and a 326kmph

Hmmmm, slightly worked, with those speeds?
Can you elaborate?
I pity the fool who goes out tryin' a' take over da world, then runs home cryin' to his momma!
I didnt do any work to it as such but previous owner "claims" a set of Yoshi cams and adjustable sprockets are only internal mods. normal airbox mods with BMC filter, Power Commander 3, stock headers with modified mid pipes and gutted stock mufflers. It has other fuel injection mods but not sure exacly what they are. Runs 18/38 gearing.... One thing in her favour is down here we have very good cool dense air. Our flying mile is done at almost sea level so high speeds are easily attained. Ive recorded a 279.2 kmph 2 years ago on a Triumph 1050 Sprint ST.