any hints about a traction control and abs busa coming out soon?
just wondering?
you mean GAYBS Lol2Lol2
buy a BMW for ABS.
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
I think a Traction control, ABS, better brakes, 45 kilo less weight, around 200 BhP would be a ideal Busa - would cost a ton......
It already has traction control - it is the black thing on the right grip....
(21-08-2010, 08:50am)Bill Gaheer Wrote: I think a Traction control, ABS, better brakes, 45 kilo less weight, around 200 BhP would be a ideal Busa - would cost a ton......

Pi_thumbsup Bill, but if they made the beast idiotproof it wouldn't be fun anymore!! lol Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Maybe try a BLACKBIRD
A sensible approach, seeing ABS is optioned on the GSX1250FA etc etc, that it's almost certain that the next upgrade to the Gen 2 will have it. Possibly as a Ltd Edition option, where other goodies might be thrown in like braided brake lines and "lighter weight" (read; new exhaust system).
One thing is for sure, improvement is guaranteed. I cannot see the Hayabusa going backwards.
What does put a lid on things is that the Busa is pitched at being all things to all people(s), thereby selling over 70,000/year in the USA at a reasonable price!
Whether you want to drag-race, just go as fast as possible or sport-tour, the final adaptation/modification is up to the individual. This bike is ADAPTABLE if nothing else. Spend 100,000 on it and it could almost make a fine showing in the IOM!(though it might not be recognized as the Busa anymore!). However, I don't think that is the point of the Busa. As is, it is a mighty fine, powerful, affordable everyday bike that has carried all before it for a decade! Just try to think of an alternative between 0-300kph!
Traction control? ABS? May as well put a couple of extra wheels on it and drive it
If ABS means the difference between stopping short of a car that has pulled out on me and surviving, or me going over / through the car and dying, I'll have the ABS thanks.
I hope all new bikes have ABS within the next couple of years.
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Likewise, if ABS for the 1% chance that will make a difference between life or death, I'd sooner have it than not. 99.999% of the time, I have never needed it, though there might always be a first time!
IMHO ABS is the only critical thing lacking on the Busa. Bring it on!
(07-10-2010, 07:55pm)Leviathan Wrote: If ABS means the difference between stopping short of a car that has pulled out on me and surviving, or me going over / through the car and dying, I'll have the ABS thanks.
I hope all new bikes have ABS within the next couple of years.

Well said mate.
Each to their own but not for me. I think if you're relying on abs to save you then you probably need to revise your riding style.
Considering the amount of power the busa delivers I reckon any extra safety features are welcome, it would be stupid to dismisss an ABS system as it has been proven to be an asset to a vechile and safer for the rider/driver.Adjusting the way you ride cause safety features are added or installed is a growing and learning process while getting safer.Nought wrong with thatPi_thumbsup