cheap tyres
my pleasure, I hope it saves a few members some money.
Hey, Steve, I've just seen that their website says tires are excluded from international shipping. (I couldn't work out why their shipping charges seemed so low; I guess I know now.)

"Please note:

Items that include, but are not limited to: Chemicals, Batteries, Attack Graphics, Oversized and Heavy items such as: Tires, Fenders, Full Chassis Skid Plates, Loading Ramps, Nerf Bars, Bumpers, Trunks, Snowplows, etc. are excluded from international shipping.
"

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/intern...country=AU
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
not sure about that mate but going off what I heard elsewhere a bloke ordered and paid for his tyres and received them about a week later in Aus.
this is a post from that forum and he seemed to get them ok

yeh awsome prices , i saw the site awhile ago , but as u pointed out they wouldnt ship to oz b cos of the size , id tried in the past and my order wouldnt go through , but after reading your blog/topic, i thought id log into the site again and try my hand, and low and behold i scored my self a set of michelin ct2 for $303 , awsome price , happy shopping guys
64 bucks shipping to the door. there is an international shipping calculator on top of the page
Sent them an email to be sure and got this reply

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your email. I have checked into this for you and we are now shipping tires internationally. This order is being processed and will ship out for you today. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thank you,

Kayla Bryan| Customer Service Representative - Rocky Mountain ATV/MC | Jake Wilson

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC - toll free: 1.800.336.5437 fax: 1.801.465.3457 | Jake Wilson - toll free: 1.800.721.8253 fax: 1.801.465.4595

address: 1551 American Way, Payson, UT 84651

websites: www.rockymountainatvmc.com | www.jakewilson.com
Dam! Wish I new this before I bought my new tyre!
I only ever usually find out about these things a week after I already bought sommat. Got in early this time, but almost too late. Thanks for the info Steve
(12-10-2010, 02:36pm)Pommie Wrote: I only ever usually find out about these things a week after I already bought sommat. Got in early this time, but almost too late. Thanks for the info Steve

Thanks for checking the International Shipping, Pom! I've just got a new 190/55 Power Pure, delivered, for < AU$240!

I still don't understand their shipping charges, though. $55 for delivery is really cheap, given that I was charged $100 for my GoPro camera to be delivered via FedEx.
(12-10-2010, 02:55pm)Rainbow7 Wrote:
(12-10-2010, 02:36pm)Pommie Wrote: I only ever usually find out about these things a week after I already bought sommat. Got in early this time, but almost too late. Thanks for the info Steve

Thanks for checking the International Shipping, Pom! I've just got a new 190/55 Power Pure, delivered, for < AU$240!

I still don't understand their shipping charges, though. $55 for delivery is really cheap, given that I was charged $100 for my GoPro camera to be delivered via FedEx.
Shipping from the States is a bit of a lottery. Sometimes I reckon they sell their goods a bit cheaper but increase the shipping to make up the shortfall. Could be wrong. Cant argue with $64 for 2 tires though
Fed ex are dear as buggery to aust .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(12-10-2010, 04:45pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Fed ex are dear as buggery to aust .

Exactly, so there's no way that they can be shipping tyres to Aus for only $50-$60. Unless everyone else is simply overcharging for freight. (Wouldn't surprise me at all.)
(12-10-2010, 04:51pm)Rainbow7 Wrote:
(12-10-2010, 04:45pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Fed ex are dear as buggery to aust .

Exactly, so there's no way that they can be shipping tyres to Aus for only $50-$60. Unless everyone else is simply overcharging for freight. (Wouldn't surprise me at all.)

Bill to: Chris Howe - * ******* ***** Maudsland, QLD 4210

Ship to: Chris Howe - * ******* ***** Maudsland, QLD 4210

Customer No: 2856005

Order date: Sat Oct 09 18:36:21 MDT 2010

Order number: 4644094

Ship Via: FEDEX INTL AUSTRALIA

Product Description Part # Price Quantity Sub Total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

190/50ZR-17 (73W) Dunlop Roadsmart Sport Touring Radial Rear Motorcycle Tire - 1237260005 $141.99 1 $141.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

120/70ZR-17 (58W) Dunlop Roadsmart Sport Touring Radial Front Motorcycle Tire 1237240002 $110.99 1 $110.99

Subtotal:$252.98
Tax: $0.00
Shipping:$65.00
Disposal: $0.00
Gift Wrapping: $0.00
Total: $317.98
Gift Card: -$0.00
Cash Rewards: -$0.00
Total Due: $317.98

I cant get to post the invoice as is but happy to send you a copy via email. The above is USD. Came to $331 AUD
No, no, I'm not arguing with how much Rocky Mountain ATV has charged you for shipping; what I'm saying is that they must be absorbing some of the true shipping cost that FedEx charges them.
(12-10-2010, 05:40pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: No, no, I'm not arguing with how much Rocky Mountain ATV has charged you for shipping; what I'm saying is that they must be absorbing some of the true shipping cost that FedEx charges them.

Some things you do pay a ridiculous price for shipping and
I dont know how they justify it to be honest. It,s not going to make life any easier for Aussie retailers though cos they cant compete at the minute on a lot of stuff out there
Just ordered a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 2CT, shipped to my door for $328.