GenII trailer tie down
ConfusedHow do you tie down your Genll on your trailer for transport???? Without looping the tiedown around each hand grip then down to tie points i cant see a solution. Plus this comes very close if not touches the top edge of fairings. Whats the safest way? Do you get somthing special made up? If i dropped it id hang myselfScary
(11-10-2010, 02:48pm)BJK1 Wrote: ConfusedHow do you tie down your Genll on your trailer for transport???? Without looping the tiedown around each hand grip then down to tie points i cant see a solution. Plus this comes very close if not touches the top edge of fairings. Whats the safest way? Do you get somthing special made up? If i dropped it id hang myselfScary

Get a Kaneg front wheel clamp it lock the front wheel than you tie down from swingarm top braces, no down pressure on fork either. i take my drag bike every where like this. check out their web site, also use it in shed as it holds the bike straight up when working on it.
Another top idea and they work well as it allows the bike to ride on it's own suspension.
http://www.kyaracing.com.au/product.htm
(11-10-2010, 04:49pm)fasterfaster Wrote: Another top idea and they work well as it allows the bike to ride on it's own suspension.
http://www.kyaracing.com.au/product.htm

Pi_thumbsup +1

I use a Kaneg Trailer mate in conjunction with a tyredown & also an Oxford Wonder Bar as a back up and they do not load the suspension up too much and clear the fairings if you have your tie-downs out wide enough.

I also strap the front wheel in the trailer mate so the bike can never move.

Towed my ZX12 back to Adelaide from Sydney & a Busa from Melbourne & a new K9 Busa from Victor & did zero damage Pi_thumbsup
Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
Thanks guys ive bought all these items and they work a treat
i bought a strap which basically is like a sling between the bars and gives you tie down points on the edges of your bars, works very well and holds the bike nice and secure
I have one of those handlebar straps too, an Oxford. I've just worked out why I keep mysteriously losing bloody bar ends on my tracky though, they seem to pull the bar ends off. I've only just noticed, been cursing shoddy workmanship by the bar end people. Does anyone else have the same problem? Am I putting them on back the front? I'm going to try putting them on differently next week.
I find they pull the grips inward a bit and always come loose cause I like them over the bar ends and not on the grips for that reason.

I'm gonna get mine sown on the ends about 3/4 away across the end so there's just enough room for the other piece to slid through. So it kinda makes it a cup that will always stay over the end of the grip and never work up the grip and work it's way loose and always clear the fairings.