Knocked off my Bussa
I had a quick look on Whitepages and his details seem ok , am just reporting it online now .
(04-10-2010, 10:41pm)Maj Wrote: Any pics from the scene ??Phones are very handy at times like this,
The other guy may seem reasonable at first , but this probably won't last long after he realises what it will cost...
I was thinking the same , after paying $70 odd for one lever would hate to see the cost of larger parts .
(04-10-2010, 10:48pm)big kev Wrote: if he shags you around im sure we could all roll up on his ass like biker boyz and give him the opertunity to pay for the bike repairs Icon_box_Nutkickyt1Knuppel2
Very Happy there's a thought , on second thought i may let the insurance company take care of it .
one bit of good news is the Joe Rocket jacket seems to have stopped any bruised elbows and none of my riding gear (or laptop that i was carrying) looks damaged .
I was hit from behind on the freeway about 8yrs ago. (was on a kwaka 1000RS) Was hit by another bike. The guy was very friendly, gave me all his details. I got the rego of the bike.
Sent him the bill ($4k) & he disapeared.

I checked out his details at the police Stn. Surprisingly he had given me the correct details, & turns out he had just got out of jail the day before he hit me.
I've been chasing it around, but I haven't seen or heard of him to this day.

Oh, & the bike he was riding wasn't his.

Traded that bike on my current Busa.
Just report to your insurance comp let them do the hard yards thats what you pay high premiums for
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(05-10-2010, 08:50am)ROD Wrote: Just report to your insurance comp let them do the hard yards thats what you pay high premiums for

This is the way to go.

But if that doesn't work we'll go with Kev's idea!
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.
- Mae West
(05-10-2010, 08:50am)ROD Wrote: Just report to your insurance comp let them do the hard yards thats what you pay high premiums for

+1 Pi_thumbsup
(05-10-2010, 10:26am)CeeJay07 Wrote:

+1 Pi_thumbsup

Same thing happened to me the very day I picked up my old K8 but the bike stayed upright. The young lass was up front with swapping details, very sorry etc. Repair bill was around $1800, 11 months later my insurance company was still to recieve a cent from her. I don't know & don't care now how it turned out - that's the beauty of being insured.
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Firstly, glad to hear your ok mate, could have ended up on the news in a not nice story.

i'd be going around his place and getting that rego number quick smart.

i might have missed it, but have you got insurance?
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
I did an online police report last night and phoned QBE at morning tea .

The next step is dropping it off at Loyd Chapman motorcycles for it to be checked over and assessed , may see if a nice single system and stator cover (as Rainbow7 sugested) can find their way on there :)
Might be an idea to get yourself checked over by a doc too. Just in case an ailment rears its ugly head down the track somewhere. Good to have all bases covered.
Maj + 1
Never ride the A model of anything.
(05-10-2010, 02:50pm)Macbusa Wrote: Firstly, glad to hear your ok mate, could have ended up on the news in a not nice story.

i'd be going around his place and getting that rego number quick smart.

i might have missed it, but have you got insurance?
Yes i have comprehensive insurance on the bike through QBE .
I got an email from QBE today with the following :
Quote:Good Afternoon Arron,

I have been informed by our policy team, that we never received this completed form from you, when setting up the insurance.

Can you please fill out this form, and email / scan it back to me when you get a moment.

The form they are referring to is a policy proposal !!

They have been taking my money for the last three years and it took a claim to jog their memory that the paperwork wasn't right ??
If there was no active policy in place, where did your money go? Are you entitled to get it refunded to you?
(06-10-2010, 08:45pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: If there was no active policy in place, where did your money go? Are you entitled to get it refunded to you?

fukk the refund.... A Current Affair or Today Tonight will sort it out.

Insurance companies..... aka ...... legal fukkin thiefs !!!!!!!1
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
Information 
Sorry , I should have said they haven't refused the claim (well not yet anyway).
But it's odd that i have received the renewals (bought the bike in Feb 08) that have the bikes details and mine correct , the financiers name etc.
Think i should scan the renewal and email it along with the rest of the paper work .

From memory i insured the bike over the phone , i am guessing that they have lost the records or stuffed up somehow .

I just loaded the bike on the back of the ute for it's trip to the Bike shop hopefully all goes well .