tyre pressures
just wanting to know what most people run their tyres at, I used to run about 40 in the rear and 36 in the front on the 1400, not sure what is best for the Busa. I am running Pirelli tryes at the moment if that makes any difference, cheers Steve.
hi steve ,42 front,42 back works good 4 me,Pi_thumbsup
born to be mild
I have run 40 rear 35 front on all my bikes with out a drama
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
Ok so what do people think it the difference between road and track riding???
Same pressure?

I always though 40 rear 35 front
thanks, I thought seeing as both bikes are around the same weight and use the same size tyres the pressures would be simular.
I use 42/ 42 front & back - any thing less and the bike feels heavy :)
I try to maintain 40psi front & rear (usually increase to 42psi when I've got the missus and luggage on board.....probably doesn't change much in the scheme of things, but makes me feel better). If you do a search, you will find a couple of threads on tyre pressures. What's good for one person may not feel any good for another....it's an individual thing (to a point....you wouldn't have them so soft that you could ride on the beach!...although wouldn't that be a sight...imagine the rooster tails!)
(19-09-2010, 04:39pm)Axe Wrote: Ok so what do people think it the difference between road and track riding???
Same pressure?

I always though 40 rear 35 front

Mine was feeling a bit "doughy" It hasn't been ridden in a while. when I checked 25 front and 30 rear Pi_freak

When I put them back to 40 front and back it felt great. That's my recommendation. 42 back if two up and packed up.

As for track days, I tend to run 30 front and back, but there's plenty of track day junkies out there who would know better.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
38-38 works perfectly for me.
I used a whole set on 42-42 as by the book, which was ok too but it wore out the centre whilst leaving the sides with plenty of tread left when I last need to swap tyres (7000km).

Most seasoned riders I've met stay around the 34-36 mark if they are seriously into mountain twisties or for the track. It also depends on the tyre. If the rubber is too soft, they will melt which means they don't last. In the Summer heat, too soft rubber on the road will mean a new set every 3000km or less.
The Dunlop RoadSmart and Bridgestone 023 are almost perfect for the Busa as all-rounders and the Metzler M5's will also do a track day or two without disgracing themselves or you.
O.
Im running Michi's power race's 40 front and 32 rear, works a treat for me...
32/32 on the track, otherwise 38 front/40 rear. I'll sometimes drop them to 36/38 if I know I'm going to be spending a long time in the mountains. Power 2CT on the front, and a Road 2CT on the rear.
I run 34 front 38 rear in my Powers on the bus, and 30, 28 in my slicks on the track bike.
26F 28R for the track and 36F 38R for the road. And i'm running 003's
Regards,

John

2fast4u
as I thought many varied options, I only use the bike for fun so will probably try 38 rear 36 front, thanks for the input everyone
I don't know if there is a difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2, but my Gen 2 says to have 42psi in both, but I run 42psi front and 43psi rear just because I am a bigger bloke.