think of polished or chrome
Hey all got an 06 maroon and black busa but now going all black was thinking of getting polishied or chrome wheels anyone know of reasonable priced place to get them from?Confused
Hey there Busa666. went down this path a while back, and thought about polished wheels, but the thought of getting m y fingers and hands to bend into the wheels, disc, and around / under the front guard to keep them super shiney turned me away. I was hoping that the polished wheels could be clear coated, so that a suds would keep them bright would be good....but no, apparently this is a no no, as they will turn yellow !
I then made about 3,000 phone calls looking for somebody to chrome them for me, and only found 1 place in Melbourne that can do them, and was quoted $2,000 + or Nicle shine for about the same money Scary so I tried fleabay U.S.A (the place where you can buy anything !), and they seem to have tonnes, but they were all on an exchange basis....bugger, wrong country ! Pi_freak

I thought about just doing the outer lips, which I did myself on my old TLR, but nahhh. In the end, they just got a fresh coat of gloss black, and I thought.....thatldo.

Best of luck mate, but keep us posted if you find anything, cause I still reckon some nice bling wheels would look scmicko with my freshly polished swing arm (thats another story on its own !), and the 7 coats of super gloss black fairings Coolsmiley
dont Delkevic do polished wheels, from memory the pair is less than $1k
Carbon busa got some off ebay USA Chromed no exchange & Under $1000 Aust inc delivery bloody fantastic .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
I contacted a sponsor on the hayabusa.org site, who quoted $1200 shipped, outright. No exchange required.
Contact Unit on this...he got his wheels ceramic coated in "chrome look"....if you look for the pics of his bike, there are pics of the wheels on their own without tyres on....looks pretty good to me....he can fill you in on the who,where,how etc...
dont get polished youll end up with ocd its annoying as @#%^ i did my swing arm n wheels regreted it about a month after, chrome would be easier though
Dave it looks like you did your frame too ??
How did you do that, and did you strip the bike right down ???
(18-08-2010, 08:25pm)ru486 Wrote: dont get polished youll end up with ocd its annoying as @#%^ i did my swing arm n wheels regreted it about a month after, chrome would be easier though

Yep a pain in the ass all right

Here is a old post may help you a bit
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...ight=ASTOR

&

http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...ght=copper
Ive only did the area where the texture was rough, i took the tank the rear ducktail and unbolted the rear sets and i just used sand paper on neoprene then neoprene with polish to finish it off, im not overly happy with the job i did and am about to redo it with the dremmel, if your gunna do it, if you can strip itll be way quicker and wear a mask i got told afterwards that alloy dust is cancerous unsure if its true or not but im fairly sure aluminium isnt part of your dietry requirements, heavy metals may affect your abilty to spell ?
that was a shot at my spelling not anyone elses
I had mine ceramic coated as nAtcam said! It's a different look. Not as bling as chrome but not exactly polished! At first I was unsure but after cleaning these I'll never look back! I have never had a finish so easy to clean! It's like a satin chrome.. Also good to 900 degrees for exhausts and turbos etc...

I think it cost about $300 - $350 total! Hi octane racing i'n Sydney (also a member) done them for me! Talk to Kyle..

[Image: rims1.jpg]

[Image: rims2.jpg]
/
[quote='[UNIT]' pid='222838' dateline='1282130307']
I had mine ceramic coated as nAtcam said! It's a different look. Not as bling as chrome but not exactly polished! At first I was unsure but after cleaning these I'll never look back! I have never had a finish so easy to clean! It's like a satin chrome.. Also good to 900 degrees for exhausts and turbos etc...

I think it cost about $300 - $350 total! Hi octane racing i'n Sydney (also a member) done them for me! Talk to Kyle..

They look awesome.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Fellers what about Electro Plating ??

One of my mates had is wheels done on his 86 GSXR 1100 and they look fantastic and are also very easy to clean I think from memory they cost about $1200.00 for the pair plus postage to and from the east coast.

Have to agree about polished gear though, all the guys that I know have talked me out of it as it is very high maintenance especially if you are an all weather rider not a practical choice.

Anyway happy hunting on this one..
(18-08-2010, 09:18pm)[UNIT] Wrote: I had mine ceramic coated as nAtcam said! It's a different look. Not as bling as chrome but not exactly polished! At first I was unsure but after cleaning these I'll never look back! I have never had a finish so easy to clean! It's like a satin chrome.. Also good to 900 degrees for exhausts and turbos etc...

[Image: rims1.jpg]

[Image: rims2.jpg]

These look terrific! Any chance they do them in GOLD colour?
BTW anyone do these in Brisbane?
The one in Sydney can do alot of colours.. They look amazing i'n person!

[Image: 26_pic.jpg]
/