busa's mentioned on Top Gear
Watching top gear and they mentioned busa's Clap as being death traps in the UK. Idiot2
Regards,

John

2fast4u
Richard Hammond rides a busa .Don't know how, he's 4 ft 10 tall or is it short ?About .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(17-08-2010, 08:27pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Richard Hammond rides a busa .Don't know how, he's 4 ft 10 tall or is it short ?About .

Not sure if that means he(RH) owns and rides a Hayabusa or that he has been on one temporarily and made some remarks about it's ugliness (available for all to see online). He has confessed to owning a Harley and has admitted publically that "it's terrible..." or words to that effect. As far as I know, from reading his piece on the Hayabusa, he was far more interested in himself than the Busa he was supposedly reviewing. Lets be kind and say the designers did not have him in mind as the rider when the Hayabusa was conceived and designed. BTW, being in the UK is a death-trap!
(17-08-2010, 09:35pm)FalcoPerigri Wrote: TW, being in the UK is a death-trap!

Yup. Only crashes I ever had was in Blighty.

But...never got a speeding ticket 'till I reached Oz, first one I got was 70-something in a 50, I just couldn't understand why the cop was being such a c*** about it & not letting me off, but I spose he felt the same way
(17-08-2010, 09:41pm)sutur Wrote:

But...never got a speeding ticket 'till I reached Oz, first one I got was 70-something in a 50, I just couldn't understand why the cop was being such a c*** about it & not letting me off, but I spose he felt the same way

Welcome to the Colonies Sutur, there is a need to keep the public bashed into submission at all times. Wouldn`t want any notions of Freedom creeping in now would we?
'The more professional you are, the closer you get to your client' Leon.

(18-08-2010, 08:40pm)busacrankin Wrote:
(17-08-2010, 09:41pm)sutur Wrote: [quote='FalcoPerigri' pid='222734' dateline='1282044920']
TW, being in the UK is a death-trap!

Welcome to the Colonies Sutur, there is a need to keep the public bashed into submission at all times. Wouldn`t want any notions of Freedom creeping in now would we?

Careful there Nick you might get flogged for even mentioning the word freedom!!!
hahahaha
(17-08-2010, 09:41pm)sutur Wrote:

Similar here. Got 6 points in the UK, in 18 years of driving, but in Australia (including driving on UK licence, so fines no points), the equivalent of 32 points in 8 years - and I drive/ride like a right wimp, rarely seeing 120-130km on the motorway.

I'm no cop basher, but Aussie cops speak to the public a bit too harshly in my opinion. I'm never rude to them, but I've been yelled at, got shitty comments, was let off once but usually never close it, and on one occasion was kept waiting for 20 minutes at 07.30 in the morning while the cop called immigration.Undecided

At least in the UK the cops call you 'sir' - it's not much, but I'd appreciate it over here.
Carpe Diem!
(19-08-2010, 10:41am)Throwdown! Wrote: on one occasion was kept waiting for 20 minutes at 07.30 in the morning while the cop called immigration.Undecided

MATE

They did that to me as well!

That is a union jack on the ozzie flag you know we are brothers! Fuckin hell!!

Oh and get this: all while he was giggling with his girlfriends, he found out I had dual nationality, he fined me $400 for not having a license, since as an Australian I didn't have an Australian license, on top of a $150 fine for being 11Kph over the limit.

But you know the biggest difference between ozzie and pommie copes? An ozzie cop LOOKS for things to bust you for, I love this country so much, but the cops are c*******.
We got to here from Hammond on Top Gear owning/riding a Busa?
(19-08-2010, 02:49pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: We got to here from Hammond on Top Gear owning/riding a Busa?

Sorry...my bad
You usually find UK cops can and do use their disgression and can be spoken too and reasoned with providing the offense isn't putting others at risk. ie if your caught speeding and you and the cop are the only ones in the vicinity then I found a caution was generally the go, providing it wasn't ridiculously exceeding the speed limit. You could generally get away with 10-15 mph over
(19-08-2010, 10:07am)bigfoot Wrote: hahahaha
don`t worry you`ll get sooner or later