new safety cameras...
just seen two incidents today...the last 5mins ago. both the same thing!!!

I thought these new 'Safety Cameras' were there to catch people who speed up(and in doing so go over the speed limit), to avoid stopping for the Red Light.
But both incidents today the lights just turned 'Amber' and the cars went through(one a taxi -so good job Lol3) and FLASH!!! Scary -not even a 1sec later...

be careful people...someone's getting rich off this!
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
[quote='Hutch99' pid='221533' dateline='1280663689']
Not sure why we put up with this?
No mate, they are a dedicated speed detector...if you are speeding they will take your photo doesn't matter if the light is red, orange or green. Love this staement on the RTA NSW website;

Safety camera frequently asked questions:

Why are we replacing the existing red-light cameras with new safety cameras?

In 2008 there were 20 fatalities and 4398 injuries at intersections with traffic lights. In addition to the trauma caused to the victims of these crashes, signalised intersection crashes cost the community around $665 million in 2008.

They clearly fail to identify exactly how many of these were speed related, how stupid do they have to be to be unable to answer their own question?

Unless of course they can't justify putting them there in the first place?
In politics stupidity is not a handicap.
Napoleon Bonaparte .
(02-08-2010, 04:09pm)redkatana Wrote: No mate, they are a dedicated speed detector...if you are speeding they will take your photo doesn't matter if the light is red, orange or green. Love this staement on the RTA NSW website;

Safety camera frequently asked questions:

Why are we replacing the existing red-light cameras with new safety cameras?

In 2008 there were 20 fatalities and 4398 injuries at intersections with traffic lights. In addition to the trauma caused to the victims of these crashes, signalised intersection crashes cost the community around $665 million in 2008.

They clearly fail to identify exactly how many of these were speed related, how stupid do have to be to be unable to answer you're own question?

Unless of course they can't justify putting them there in the first place?

well i know they werent speeding, because i was right behind them!
and if you think theyre just a speed camera -im throwing the dare out...

just seen it with my own two eyes thats all
GenII Hunter Knuppel2