Small business advertising scam
Another shitty thing to migrate here from Europe. They tried it on me for the first time today. Call themselves Emergency Services Report or something similar and tell you that you booked a place for an ad with them last month. Then say they will send you a proof and invoice. I told them I placed no such ad and politely asked them to leave me alone. Then did some research and found it was a scam...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/for...anies.html

Just thought I would post a heads up for the small business owners among us.
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
(07-05-2010, 03:09pm)m8ee Wrote: Another shitty thing to migrate here from Europe. They tried it on me for the first time today. Call themselves Emergency Services Report or something similar and tell you that you booked a place for an ad with them last month. Then say they will send you a proof and invoice. I told them I placed no such ad and politely asked them to leave me alone. Then did some research and found it was a scam...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/for...anies.html

Just thought I would post a heads up for the small business owners among us.

Similar thing here on the North Coast. They print a small magazine with an add for your business and others in the area ( unsolicited ) put a copy of the mag in your letterbox. Then send you a bill for the add hoping you silly enough to pay it.
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.
- Mae West
Get something like that that at least once a month.

Nearly got caught when we first started, they sent through a proof and wanted payment for setting as I wouldn't go through with advertising.
I told them my then 4 yearold could do a better job and to politely put it when where the sun doesn't shine Showback. They threatenned legal action, I laughed, and that was the last I heard. . . . 'till they rang the next quarter trying it all over again Idiot2 That particular company still calls every quarter.

The other trick is a fax. It has your business details and sayes just checking that your listing is correct. Nothing to pay. The fine print if you don't scan all the way down sayes "you will be invoiced at a later date.

Not to mention the ones that include the words "Government" and "Worksafe"
They see you are a business and you get every scam artist around contacting you.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .