Asylum Seekers
I notice your from Queensland ....come to south aus not to any city but out were the food is grown in the country the place were milk comes out of cows not the carton meat comes from animals not the shop yes it needs water all of it ... water we rely on it the average rain fall here is under 300mm in most places a good area is a rain fall of 500mm a year... we wont need a work force the way its going we wont have jobs we wont have busas, we need a goverment like in Italy they have to do what the people want or what they promise at elections or they get shot, it keeps them honest...yes its a touchy subject refugees buts it like aboriginal funding it needs addressing and fast....... not for more but stopping it...
[/quote]

IM NOT FROM QUEENSLAND I just temporary live there mate!!!!!Where im from(Med/Eu) vegie's,milk, bread,fruit,meat comes from within the EU and if its not fresh its not on my table.Our market in Europe is a 27 country based choice and we try and keep everything from the Eu states and not import most of our shit from china,vietnam etc like here.My point is that problem solving here is a reactive situation,long term plans or forsight are non existent,problems here seem to be given the chance to rise and grow.....than we TRY and fix it!!!!!Prevention is better than cure I believe.Water de-salination has been proven to be cleaner than recyled water for decades but nowhere to be seen here in Aus....at least not where it matters.Your comment on Italian politicians and keeping them honest by shooting them is a bit off whack.Italian politics are so far into corruption especially since Berlusconi is in power,that they have to change party members every 6 months just to save face.This is history repeating itself with asylum seekers,people move vast distances to get away from dangers of war,enviorment or whatever is going on.Its no different than 2-3-4-5000 years ago.....Moses is a long time ago historical example,as is Dafur,Uganda etc!!!!!you catch my drift????.People turn into refugees not from their own choice but through uncontrolable situations.Can you imagine if the Aboriginals demanded their country back and someone with might/power helped them out!!!!!!!!guess who would be the asylum seeker in NZ than???????Lets not forget where you/us all came from and if money/recognition is what the local indigenous people are after than by all means give it to them.....within reason!!!!
[/quote]
Ok how many is your eu country of which you are failing to mention letting in can we reship some there?how much do u want to give me yes Im aboriginal but with very harsh whiteman views of this country and whats happeninng Im a worker not like most of my drunken lazy brothers who want more and more with out giving anything, are you going to pay me some rent whilst your here I bet not hahahah. if so Il send you my postal address. EU countries as well as the yanks have a lot to say about australia but they wont say how many of these poor people they take in.oh if forgot to mention Im also part mad PRUSSIAN so that will explain my bad veiws.
(13-04-2010, 04:16pm)scrubber Wrote:
(13-04-2010, 09:32am)1300hayabusa Wrote:
we need a goverment like in Italy they have to do what the people want or what they promise at elections or they get shot, it keeps them honest...

Have you had a look at the Italian economy lately? Not sure if they have hit the 'trillion' dollar deficit yet but bankruptcy is knocking at the door. If it goes it will drag us all into another recession, it's only the world bank etc stopping it from happening. Maybe the Italian model needs avoiding .... lol
Where's Ya Snow Plough?
(13-04-2010, 11:02am)Throwdown! Wrote: I know nothing about the truth concerning our water supply, but I am hearing this argument more and more often;

"Actually the driest continent is antarctica, where it has not rained for over a million years in some places. Australia is the third wettest country on a per capita basis, but the rain does not generally fall where we want it. Nobody wants to pipe water over long distances, yet we have gas pipelines crossing this counrty like spiderwebs! We export water in the form of wheat! It takes 10 tonnes of water to produce one tonne of wheat".

As with roads and trains, politicians have taken money away from infra-structure and used it to get voted back in. Infra-structure planning needs to be planned over a 50 year period with standing Governments obliged to follow on from the previous administration.

There's only one reason why water can't be pumped from where it's falling to where it's not - there aren't enough voters where it's not!

you state it takes 10 t of water for 1 t of wheat where i am you get 1t per acre ok a acre is now about 8-10 house blocks or 4 house blocks if its a old subdivision ok so whats you water usage a year most will use more than 10 kl of which is 10000 l or 10 t or 10qubic m of water a year just in the shower , on their lawn, flushing the toilet now think how much water is wasted ,not on a acre but on less than a quarter of a acre so is it not better wasting water growing something to eat yes bread and flour is made from wheat besides the water used to grow wheat falls in the form of rain its not pumped from storage or from rivers it falls from the sky, perhaps you are mistaken and it might be rice you are thinking of and not wheat.did you know that a cow requires atleast 50 l of water a day lets get ride of them OH no a world with out Macas .sorry but it upets me when people talk about australias farming practices even more when its from eu countries when alot of their countries cant use the rain water because its acid rain and their farms are under 100 ha .YES WE ARE IN THE LUCKY COUNTRY BUT FOR HOW MUCH LONGER yes IM one of the 2% of the population that doesnt have propper TELSTRA services and the 2% which dosent have digital tv networks but yes I live under 200km away from adelaide so our vote means sweet f all yet we have normal tv but a goverment said thats no good you must go digital, so I know all about goverment crack pot ideas which dont work I know im waffling on but mostcity people dont relise whats its like in the country being the 2% of the population. SO f*** EM ALL LETS ALL GET TOGETHER AND GO RIDING
I reckon all who want he boat people in Australia should put there hands up to accomadate them in there spare room or garage. Clap Clap
Scrubber:

Don't worry, we're all waffling.

I haven't stated anything. The first line of my post reads - 'I know nothing about the truth concerning our water supply, but I am hearing this argument more and more often...' and then I pasted a quote, hence the speech marks.

If you have any expertise in the area, then you're in a position to educate me. Pi_thumbsupPi_thumbsup
Kawasuki:

It doesn't matter whether we want them here or not. It's our country's current position regardless of what party is in power. Anyone who doesn't want asylum seekers here, needs to petition the politicians to change Australia's international obligations. We're a sovereign state that has made that choice, but we don't have to keep to it. Are you bothered enough to get politically active?
Carpe Diem!
Just a comment on the water topic.

I think there are about 27 Desalination / Reverse Osmosis water purification plants of varying sizes, currently in use in Australia & and have been for many years.
2 of what will be the largest in the world are currently under construction in Adelaide & Melbourne.

It's only in recent years that the "mega" plants have been built & in use, but there are plenty of smaller plants in use around the country.

The "big" ones are Perth (2 plants), Gold Coast, Sydney, Adelaide & Melbourne.
Almost all of the inhabited islands around Australia rely solely on Desalination & have done for a good many years.

I'm hearing in the industry, that there are another 8 Mega Plants planned for major Australian cities over the next 10yrs. There are also plans to spend a couple of billion on solar power generation.
(13-04-2010, 07:19pm)kawasuki Wrote: I reckon all who want he boat people in Australia should put there hands up to accomadate them in there spare room or garage. Clap Clap

I don't think you've met my flatmate, Anthony Tan. Lovely bloke, works in the Dept of Finance, pays his taxes, makes a REAL difference in society and make me LAUGH.
(13-04-2010, 09:53pm)Louwai Wrote: Just a comment on the water topic.

I think there are about 27 Desalination / Reverse Osmosis water purification plants of varying sizes, currently in use in Australia & and have been for many years.
2 of what will be the largest in the world are currently under construction in Adelaide & Melbourne.

It's only in recent years that the "mega" plants have been built & in use, but there are plenty of smaller plants in use around the country.

Almost all of the inhabited islands around Australia rely solely on Desalination & have done for a good many years.

I'm hearing in the industry, that there are another 8 Mega Plants planned for major Australian cities over the next 10yrs. There are also plans to spend a couple of billion on solar power generation.

Its a good thing that there are so many.....so what is the problem I ask?????
I notice your from Queensland ....come to south aus not to any city but out were the food is grown in the country the place were milk comes out of cows not the carton meat comes from animals not the shop yes it needs water all of it ... water we rely on it the average rain fall here is under 300mm in most places a good area is a rain fall of 500mm a year... we wont need a work force the way its going we wont have jobs we wont have busas, we need a goverment like in Italy they have to do what the people want or what they promise at elections or they get shot, it keeps them honest...yes its a touchy subject refugees buts it like aboriginal funding it needs addressing and fast....... not for more but stopping it...

IM NOT FROM QUEENSLAND I just temporary live there mate!!!!!Where im from(Med/Eu) vegie's,milk, bread,fruit,meat comes from within the EU and if its not fresh its not on my table.Our market in Europe is a 27 country based choice and we try and keep everything from the Eu states and not import most of our shit from china,vietnam etc like here.My point is that problem solving here is a reactive situation,long term plans or forsight are non existent,problems here seem to be given the chance to rise and grow.....than we TRY and fix it!!!!!Prevention is better than cure I believe.Water de-salination has been proven to be cleaner than recyled water for decades but nowhere to be seen here in Aus....at least not where it matters.Your comment on Italian politicians and keeping them honest by shooting them is a bit off whack.Italian politics are so far into corruption especially since Berlusconi is in power,that they have to change party members every 6 months just to save face.This is history repeating itself with asylum seekers,people move vast distances to get away from dangers of war,enviorment or whatever is going on.Its no different than 2-3-4-5000 years ago.....Moses is a long time ago historical example,as is Dafur,Uganda etc!!!!!you catch my drift????.People turn into refugees not from their own choice but through uncontrolable situations.Can you imagine if the Aboriginals demanded their country back and someone with might/power helped them out!!!!!!!!guess who would be the asylum seeker in NZ than???????Lets not forget where you/us all came from and if money/recognition is what the local indigenous people are after than by all means give it to them.....within reason!!!!
[/quote]
Ok how many is your eu country of which you are failing to mention letting in can we reship some there?how much do u want to give me yes Im aboriginal but with very harsh whiteman views of this country and whats happeninng Im a worker not like most of my drunken lazy brothers who want more and more with out giving anything, are you going to pay me some rent whilst your here I bet not hahahah. if so Il send you my postal address. EU countries as well as the yanks have a lot to say about australia but they wont say how many of these poor people they take in.oh if forgot to mention Im also part mad PRUSSIAN so that will explain my bad veiws.
[/quote]

Maybe you should check on us Europeans before you ask because we have one of the largest flow of refugees,illegal aliens or boat people in the world!!.There are 27 countrys that illegal aliens can choose from in the Eu not 1 destination like Australia so the temptation from alll the african and arab countrys to land in Europe is much higher than the few pityful boats that come here which everyone seems to make such a fuss about.Secondly whilst Im here I WONT pay for your rent cause you just wrote that you are a "worker not like most of my drunken lazy brothers" so Im not sure why you are asking unless you need financial help???If,as you say,you have bad views maybe you as a hardworking individual should invest more in your culture,comunity and brothers and change the oppinion of people in Aus about aboriginals.Being part mad Prussian does not give you bad views being negative will.Pi_thumbsup
(13-04-2010, 07:19pm)kawasuki Wrote: I reckon all who want he boat people in Australia should put there hands up to accomadate them in there spare room or garage. Clap Clap

My hands are both up Ray but im sure yours are hidden ready to throw the first stone!!!!!Dont posts like the one Ray just wrote make you feel like a proud AussiePi_freak.....not.
I was told once that "a fair go" is supposed to be the Aussie way!!!!!!!!!I wonder how much truth that holds with some.
An example of what is considered okay in Europe taken from BBC News.

"Britain's borders are stronger than ever before. Our border controls in northern France are stopping record numbers of migrants reaching our shores - 28,000 in 2008," he said.

"The British people can be confident that immigration is under control."
Carpe Diem!
(14-04-2010, 07:49am)1300hayabusa Wrote:

My hands are both up Ray but im sure yours are hidden ready to throw the first stone!!!!!Dont posts like the one Ray just wrote make you feel like a proud AussiePi_freak.....not.
I was told once that "a fair go" is supposed to be the Aussie way!!!!!!!!!I wonder how much truth that holds with some.

LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT.??

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS
HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED
INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE
JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD
FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO
POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE AUSTRALIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET

> a.. A JOB,
> b.. A DRIVERS LICENCE,
> c.. SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
> d.. WELFARE,
> e.. FOOD STAMPS,
> f.. CREDIT CARDS,
> g.. SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
> h.. FREE EDUCATION,
> i.. FREE HEALTH CARE,
> j.. A LOBBYIST IN CANBERRA
> k.. BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN
YOUR LANGUAGE
THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRYs FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT
YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT
AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION !!!
(14-04-2010, 04:29pm)kawasuki Wrote:
(14-04-2010, 07:49am)1300hayabusa Wrote:

LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT.??

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS
HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED
INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE
JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD
FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO
POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE AUSTRALIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET

> a.. A JOB,
> b.. A DRIVERS LICENCE,
> c.. SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
> d.. WELFARE,
> e.. FOOD STAMPS,
> f.. CREDIT CARDS,
> g.. SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
> h.. FREE EDUCATION,
> i.. FREE HEALTH CARE,
> j.. A LOBBYIST IN CANBERRA
> k.. BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN
YOUR LANGUAGE
THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRYs FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT
YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT
AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION !!!

OH NO some real facts on it all,heres one more
k.. a free lawyer to get you out of trouble no matter what you do...
This list this is realy going to ark up some of the brain washed boaty luvers.her comes another hundred replys....
(14-04-2010, 06:28am)1300hayabusa Wrote:
(13-04-2010, 09:53pm)Louwai Wrote: Just a comment on the water topic.

Its a good thing that there are so many.....so what is the problem I ask?????

[/quote]

Maybe you should check on us Europeans before you ask because we have one of the largest flow of refugees,illegal aliens or boat people in the world!!.There are 27 countrys that illegal aliens can choose from in the Eu not 1 destination like Australia so the temptation from alll the african and arab countrys to land in Europe is much higher than the few pityful boats that come here which everyone seems to make such a fuss about.Secondly whilst Im here I WONT pay for your rent cause you just wrote that you are a "worker not like most of my drunken lazy brothers" so Im not sure why you are asking unless you need financial help???If,as you say,you have bad views maybe you as a hardworking individual should invest more in your culture,comunity and brothers and change the oppinion of people in Aus about aboriginals.Being part mad Prussian does not give you bad views being negative will.Pi_thumbsup
[/quote]

Does that mean I should chuk in my job so then you will pay me some rent.. sounds good to me bruda den i can geta K10 the poor old K9 is getting to many kms on it 12000 in 3months hahahha i think not . by the way I might be aboriginal but me as white as white the abbo spoof was diluted generations ago my great great great granny was a naughty little prussian she tried the black but she did turn back .
You never let us down Ray!!!!you have an uncanny way of showing everyone on a daily basis your racist attitude and the lack of compassion for others.Youre the man RAY!!!!!
(15-04-2010, 07:18am)1300hayabusa Wrote: You never let us down Ray!!!!you have an uncanny way of showing everyone on a daily basis your racist attitude and the lack of compassion for others.Youre the man RAY!!!!!

well someone has to speak up for the silent majority.
Trophy
Ray:
You're winding us up. Surely!

Are you saying NORTH KOREAN, IRAN, AFGHANISTAN, SAUDI ARABIAN, CHINA, VENEZUELA and CUBA are better countries than Australia? Name one you'd consider living in above Australia, even with our imperfections.

You can't take just a piece of their regime, so there's no point saying they do immigration better but nothing else. Their border policy is born out of their regime, and no Australian wants to live in an Australia that can be compared to those countries.

However, if you do - get political and do something about it. No point sitting back and blaming the world's poor for threatening our way of life (although they're the very reason we have our way of life) - that inaction makes you a part of the problem.

Our system is a major part of what makes us better than those countries. So if the rest of us are letting the side down, and there really is a silent majority out there, then the task to save Australia from itself becomes feasible. We live the way we do now because the real 'majority' can be bothered to ACT!

Most of us are happy enough tweeking with the way things are, so if the 'silent majority' don't like the way things are going they only have themselves to blame. Lobbying politicians and getting things moving isn't the sole right of wishy washy liberals.

We all need to weight it up;

- get rid of our international obligations towards refugees seeking asylum and our World standing in the process, (yes, we do have a World standing despite losing our only recognised Statesman in the last election), or

- enjoy our position and the accompanying way of life that comes with fulfilling our promises.

OUR PROMISES! No one makes us sign these things, we voted in people who decided it was a good idea and then continued to vote in some others who agree with them).
Carpe Diem!