Turbo bike part 1 - Brain transplant
Graham I still have the cad drawing for the Gt28R exhaust plate, which I believe is similar to the t28 in shape. If you have access to a company that does water/laser cutting then you are most welcome to the drawing. I also have a cad drawing for the plenum. <i></i>
I have a CAD of the header flange if its useful to anyone., and i would be keen on a copy of the plenum CAD and gt28 plate .
Only pic i have on photobucket that shows the flange clearly is from when i was building my racebike.

<i></i>
Wish I could have got the header plate drawing back when I made mine, water-jetting would have been soo much easier than drilling it. I'll swap you my drawings for yours them Maj? <i></i>
That would be great, your cad would have been very handy a while ago! may even remake my streetbike plenum.
mgwatters at bigpond.com (put it in the right form for my addy) <i></i>
Hey Nice welds there Gary. I'm guessing that is just a test fit due to the big hole in the junction of the Headers.

Getting closer. Bike is back together today, put the bottom end of the map that was in the TSI into my bike, and guess what......hole in the bottom end fixed. I've been two up all wekeend so i'm yet to see how disastrous my fuel economy has become but looking at the fuel calculator it aint that bad for around town work. Find out next weekend when it hits the open road.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Red/Grey Bog standard except for bling and a kanooter valve. Oh and a turbo kit on the floor.
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!
Red Bikes Rule!!!!!<i></i>
So where are you up to now Graham?

You seem to have stoped with the live feed to your build, I am curious as to what probs you have encounted so far so I know what to avoid.

What type waste gate are you going to use?

And what kind of boost #'s are you looking at?

Are you going to use the intercooler, or water injection?

I think I will use an air to air intercooler as I wil be riding it on the road as well as the track, but I am keen to learn how the water goes too.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Dave <i></i>
Hi CAS,

The flow of information stopped because I have not progressed any further at this point in time. I need to have the bike on the road for November, December, and now January so that holds things back. All i am doing is collecting parts while I ride the thing so i have as much as possible in place when I kick the whole process off. I know when i start there will be problems so i am doing the boy scout thing, and being prepared.

At this point in time I am running an external wastegate on my headers. It is a copy of a Tial with Tial internals but sourced off Ebay for a tenth the price of a Tial. Everything is 38mm diameter. I am looking for 8~10psi on stock compression, which i believe is adjustable. Target RWHP is 250.

I am going water injection, mainly because of price but if I was wanting to run at prolonged stages of boost then I would be looking for an air/air intercooler, as long as it aint an air dam like some of them out there. I think Leonard would be your man, as well as Maj750T in regards to the benefits of water etc. I know that getting a good intercooler wont be easy.

If you want more details PM me and we can probably compare details and see where we are going.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Red/Grey Bog standard except for bling and a kanooter valve. Oh and a turbo kit on the floor.
Member of the SHAG group.
10psi is close to 300hp on stock compression

I'd like to see some pics of your headers & wastegate setup. Petes turbo project<i></i>
Hi GeriBusa,

I can post pictures or can e mail you some. I think you have my address, if not PM me on eziboard and I will forward it to you. Nothing is mounted to the motor yet so it may not be of help to you.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
Member of the SHAG group.
Just being nosey

A thread with pics is always so much nicer Petes turbo project<i></i>
Graham hows the progres on the turbo Installation? Shayne

<i></i>
hey guys i know this is kinda out of topic but i figured here is the palce to ask. what sorta price would i be looking at to geta aturbo onto my bike. im thinking about 250-300hp but i want it reliableand not a time bomb. cheers guys i jsut cant help but love turbos had turbo cars since i got my license and just love playing with the things. <i></i>
Quote:hey guys i know this is kinda out of topic but i figured here is the palce to ask. what sorta price would i be looking at to geta aturbo onto my bike. im thinking about 250-300hp but i want it reliableand not a time bomb. cheers guys i jsut cant help but love turbos had turbo cars since i got my license and just love playing with the things.

You need to take a look at the Ghetto kit by motorhead, it's one of the best value for money, and comes from the states.

250hp is easy on a stock-motor bike, but if you're looking for 300 you have to spend a lot more, you'll need a bigger fuel pump, injectors, spacer plate, head gasket, all stuff you won't need to buy with a 250HP kit. Petes turbo project<i></i>
Ghetto Kits like what Shredder has on his bike can be bought from Muzzy up here now in Brisfor $8500 and fitting should be $1500 - $2000.

Faster Faster can hook you up down South with the kit as well and he might be cheaper.

Anyone handy can fit the kit, and there is heaps of support here and in the states.

The other option is to buy Ghost Riders bike! Shayne

<i></i>
Can supply and fit a kit for $8500.00 Dyno and fuel tune included. This is for Fully Imported Kit (RCC Turbo's) Can also supply local built kit Fitted for under $7500.00 Fitted
All Guaranteed and no guess work involved
FF1 <i>Edited by: fasterfaster1 at: 23/1/06 12:44 pm
</i>