Near 10 days off, me thinks a ride is in order.
Ok will have happy (or crappy) steam to blow off after my next assessment week March 15th.

So with either good or crap news - I have near 10 days off before I next from to work.

I was thinking of a ride. Something like this.

Head South, Mackay to Brisbane, maybe slightly inland. Keep heading south, End up somewhere near the Vic/NSW boarder on the coast. I think I have Eden on the map, then mosey North along the coast. To brisbane, have 2 stops (2 nights) to do there, and ride the 12hrs home.

I have a map roughed out, but this one is freedom, stop where I want. I did this trip (coastal) by car from Tassie at the new year so I was mentally marking the map out then.

So its just me, my camera and time on my side.
Go hard, or Go home!
(06-03-2010, 10:25pm)Missy_Moo Wrote: Ok will have happy (or crappy) steam to blow off after my next assessment week March 15th.

So with either good or crap news - I have near 10 days off before I next from to work.

Head South, Mackay to Brisbane, maybe slightly inland. Keep heading south, End up somewhere near the Vic/NSW boarder on the coast. I think I have Eden on the map, then mosey North along the coast. To brisbane, have 2 stops (2 nights) to do there, and ride the 12hrs home.

I have a map roughed out, but this one is freedom, stop where I want. I did this trip (coastal) by car from Tassie at the new year so I was mentally marking the map out then.

If you're going to come through or near Canberra you better tell us so we can have drinks with you and invite you to stay over. Better be before the 21st, off to have my knee done and don't want to miss you bloke!

Max and the Canberra mob.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
if you do decide to cross the border into vic you are more than welcome to stay with us, we live roughly 4 hours from the border at albury
100000kms in 23 months, not too bad
(07-03-2010, 12:01am)Madmax Wrote:
(06-03-2010, 10:25pm)Missy_Moo Wrote: Ok will have happy (or crappy) steam to blow off after my next assessment week March 15th.

If you're going to come through or near Canberra you better tell us so we can have drinks with you and invite you to stay over. Better be before the 21st, off to have my knee done and don't want to miss you bloke!

Oh Doh, I hope to be mobile on the 20 or 21st latest. How long you out for? & yes was planning on passing through Canberra.
(07-03-2010, 06:10pm)Timmy_0_T00l Wrote: if you do decide to cross the border into vic you are more than welcome to stay with us, we live roughly 4 hours from the border at albury

Thanks for the offer. I don't plan on passing the boarder this trip, I might run out of time. (Doh) As much as I'd love to. On the way home from tassie earlier in the year I was mentally marking this trip.

I think another one will have to include SA and then some...
Go hard, or Go home!

spare room on the gold coast if need!
(07-03-2010, 10:34pm)busa666 Wrote:

spare room on the gold coast if need!

Thanks for the offer, I have a brother & his family I must do my aunty duties for, they are so cute, lol the bike will certainly be a hit as I generally have been in the ute.

The other lucky stop there is Mt Mee, have a glorious pit stop there I can't wait to do - again on the bike, usually as above its the ute and dog. Very Happy (So sorry freckie dog, I promise a good road trip for ya when I get home)
Go hard, or Go home!
(07-03-2010, 10:02pm)Missy_Moo Wrote:
(07-03-2010, 12:01am)Madmax Wrote:

Oh Doh, I hope to be mobile on the 20 or 21st latest. How long you out for? & yes was planning on passing through Canberra.
(07-03-2010, 06:10pm)Timmy_0_T00l Wrote: if you do decide to cross the border into vic you are more than welcome to stay with us, we live roughly 4 hours from the border at albury

Thanks for the offer. I don't plan on passing the boarder this trip, I might run out of time. (Doh) As much as I'd love to. On the way home from tassie earlier in the year I was mentally marking this trip.

I think another one will have to include SA and then some...

My girl will be driving me to the big smoke (Sydney)on the 21st. The saw bones operates on the 22nd, followed by 4 days in hospital, then 3 weeks in hospital learning to use the new hardware.

Looks like we'll miss you this time mate, if your dates are concrete. If you can get here for Friday night 19th, we're watching Skyfire from a residential overlooking the fireworks. This would certainly be worth seeing.

Over. Pi_thumbsup

Max
on your next trip if u do decide to go to SA and want some a riding buddy just let me know because after my trip up north im planning on heading west on my next one
100000kms in 23 months, not too bad

My girl will be driving me to the big smoke (Sydney)on the 21st. The saw bones operates on the 22nd, followed by 4 days in hospital, then 3 weeks in hospital learning to use the new hardware.

Looks like we'll miss you this time mate, if your dates are concrete. If you can get here for Friday night 19th, we're watching Skyfire from a residential overlooking the fireworks. This would certainly be worth seeing.

Over. Pi_thumbsup

Max
[/quote]

On the 19th I'll be driving back from school either very pissed off or 3rd strip gained. Pack then head south on the start of my trip.

Good luck with the op!
Go hard, or Go home!
The rest of the Canberra mob will be here, just give us a buzz and we'll marshall the troops. YOu are more than welcome to stay at my house, hope you like animals!
Cheers Heidi, I was doing a lap through Canberra regardless. I may take you up on that offer for the accomodation, animals no worries.
Go hard, or Go home!

On the 19th I'll be driving back from school either very pissed off or 3rd strip gained. Pack then head south on the start of my trip.

Good luck with the op!
[/quote]

Ya gotta love the blood sweat and tears they make us go through for that lousy 3rd stripe mate. I've been a Sergeant for 18years and still love them. 3 pips are next and that will result in no more shift work. So f*** that, I love my shifts and the days off during the week when everyone else is at work, so we can get out and ride, go shopping, etc etc etc. Coolsmiley
It is unreal the sh*t and stress you go through. The job isn't hard, but the testing Grrrr##****
Then its a hard (agian insert stress & crap) 6 months till final panel to gain my Reds.
lol, I do harder subjects at uni and get HD's, just can't believe this sh*t!!
Go hard, or Go home!
(08-03-2010, 02:25pm)Missy_Moo Wrote: It is unreal the sh*t and stress you go through. The job isn't hard, but the testing Grrrr##****
Then its a hard (agian insert stress & crap) 6 months till final panel to gain my Reds.
lol, I do harder subjects at uni and get HD's, just can't believe this sh*t!!

I'm sure with the work you're putting in, you'll see the results.

Keep working hard mate, you'll get there.

Best wishes.
Nice to hear you're coming south to de-stress or is that in distress? All the canberra-ites know how good the riding is in the far south coast and I'd be happy to join up in a ride around my area - based at Tathra- 10 th anniv. ride is testament to that. if you need anything or just want another rider along from say Cooma on, let me know- i've go the time and my bike (k8 with growlers) is needing road time.