mobile fone usage whilst driving
seen this on another site, it shows how easily distracted people can become from mobiles whilst driving. the video is confronting
hope the link works
http://www.mrasa.asn.au/video/invitation_to_death.wmv
[Image: 583b3abf-1.jpg]
Pretty gruesome stuff, Paul.....very realistic!!!!

A young 19 yr old girl in my local area died in very similar circumstances (texting, veered into oncoming traffic, head-on, minus any passengers) just 6 months ago Wtf......such a waste of a life. Pi_thumbsdown

Hey all, just imagine if that vehicle she is veering towards is......YOU......on your 'busa !?! Scary

Hey all......next time you're out on a quiet back road with absolutely no traffic in sight > > > > > practice those emergency braking procedures, and then practice them AGAIN......it might just help save your own life one day !?! Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley
I had one the other day.

Teenage girl.
Driver's side wing mirror broken.
Holding ph with left hand up to right ear.
Right hand on steering wheel.

I'm in the right lane.
She can't see out the mirror & she can't turn her head (because of the ph). So she just moves over without looking.

I blew my horn & she moved back. Then I shouted through her open window to get off the ph.
She called me a fuckwit & kept talking. So I sat right next to her open window with my air-horn blasting away.
She couldn't wind the window up without putting the ph down or letting go of the steering wheel.

Have a guess at which one she chose......

And they wonder why they die.....
O-week at the Uni my office is located at. And yup, riding home from work, P-plater straight out of the uni carpark, almost rear ends me while he's on the phone sending a message.

Probably a good thing I'm somewhat paranoid about being collected from behind.
Louwai,
sounds like she needs her tail-lights ahhhh......"modified", free of charge !?! Knuppel2
Coolsmiley
Or some panel beating on the door.
Trophy

Shits me to tears when I see these wankers on their phones while driving. They obviously don't think that it is a problem. Invincible idiots. I would love it to be legal to bash these type of people. I don't care if they get hurt, I care about the innocent people, the family that might be coming home from a day out, the mother that may be coming home from picking her children up from school.

Attached Files
.jpg   Hayabusa and pipes2.JPG (Size: 46.37 KB / Downloads: 132)
(17-02-2010, 10:06pm)Louwai Wrote: I had one the other day.

Teenage girl.
Driver's side wing mirror broken.
Holding ph with left hand up to right ear.
Right hand on steering wheel.

I'm in the right lane.
She can't see out the mirror & she can't turn her head (because of the ph). So she just moves over without looking.

I blew my horn & she moved back. Then I shouted through her open window to get off the ph.
She called me a fuckwit & kept talking. So I sat right next to her open window with my air-horn blasting away.
She couldn't wind the window up without putting the ph down or letting go of the steering wheel.

Have a guess at which one she chose......

And they wonder why they die.....

Lol2Lol2Lol2

The sad thing is; She probably didn't think she was doing anything wrong!! Actually, like a lot of our teenagers/P platers, she probably just didn't THINK!!!!

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

Hey girl, your two friends are now dead. Hope the guy you were texting is worth it!

The penalty needs to be akin to that for high range DUI. Once people start getting put away for a couple of years, the rest of them will stop doing it.

Brilliant video, btw.
Just had my kids watch it, nearly 17 son and 18 years daughter.

Hope it sticks in their minds.

Thanks for putting it up.

btw - when I ride by someone texting I scream and shout at them to stop being dangerous. Invariably makes them put the phone down.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
i had a car load of teenagers almost do same thing to me but i was in a 64t b double oill tanker
powerful stuff should be showed over here
I think the saddest thing is that the action cannot be un done and it's life changing in that those left alive ...................... shall indeed live with it .................. for ever.