Bluetooth Headsets anyone?
Hi Everyone,

I thought there might be some experience amongst us on use of bluetooth headsets for phone and GPS connection on the bike, and even intercom use. It would be useful information to me because I am lookig to get a Garmin Zumo 660 and a bluetooth headset to work with it.

I feel the need to have a voice (female of course) telling me where to go when I am riding, and if that fails, a phone call from Telstra or a bank asking me if I want life insurance. These are the things I miss when I am out and about.

Your experience on the better ones, the dodgy ones, and that sort of thing just might save me from hours of trying to find the best option online Pi_freak

Anyone played with them?
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
the scarla ones seem to ne good , blueant make one and i think there both compatible with tomtom navmans and all bluetooth set ups

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Cardo-Scala-R...4a9defa60b
Thanks Kev, That looks like a good contender - except for the price!!! But I guess that is going to be the same with most of the options.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
hunt around i saw a thread on the katana australia that supacheap have these in there shops . i ranng my local and they are getting them in monday
(06-02-2010, 07:00pm)big kev Wrote: the scarla ones seem to ne good , blueant make one and i think there both compatible with tomtom navmans and all bluetooth set ups

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Cardo-Scala-R...4a9defa60b

Including myself, I know 3 people who have this ^^^^ one. It is pretty good IMO, I've had it for about a year now and have no complaints. We all purchased it from the below US supplier. They have a sale on them at the moment.
JC motors scala-rider
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
(06-02-2010, 06:58pm)Champs Wrote: Hi Everyone,

I thought there might be some experience amongst us on use of bluetooth headsets for phone and GPS connection on the bike, and even intercom use. It would be useful information to me because I am lookig to get a Garmin Zumo 660 and a bluetooth headset to work with it.

I feel the need to have a voice (female of course) telling me where to go when I am riding, and if that fails, a phone call from Telstra or a bank asking me if I want life insurance. These are the things I miss when I am out and about.

Your experience on the better ones, the dodgy ones, and that sort of thing just might save me from hours of trying to find the best option online Pi_freak

Anyone played with them?

Champs,

There is another option but it is little more expensive, I went with the STARCOM 1 Digital set up, this allows me to have bike to bike, rider to pillion communication, Bluetooth and directions from Zumo 660 and listen to the IPod at the same time.
If you want a top setup, this is the one by far.

Dave

Anyone played with them?
Mate I got one and I cant give her awayLol2Lol2Lol2
Pommie, that is the problem - expensive to buy in the first place, excessive ongoing costs, resale value virtually nothing, but when you trade them in - THAT is when you see the REAL costs!!! Scary

(Comments here are not necessarily those of the board member "Champs". PLease read the PDS for more information before subscribing to this service)
(07-02-2010, 06:19pm)Champs Wrote: Pommie, that is the problem - expensive to buy in the first place, excessive ongoing costs, resale value virtually nothing, but when you trade them in - THAT is when you see the REAL costs!!! Scary

(Comments here are not necessarily those of the board member "Champs". PLease read the PDS for more information before subscribing to this service)

Aint that the truth Clap
(07-02-2010, 05:49pm)Pommie Wrote:

Anyone played with them?

what have you got pommie?
(07-02-2010, 06:53pm)big kev Wrote:
(07-02-2010, 05:49pm)Pommie Wrote:

Anyone played with them?

what have you got pommie?

It's old mate, about 48 years old to be honest but never stops workin on me. perpetual friggin motion at times, comes through loud and clear in all conditions and makes itself heard above everything to let me know it's there Lol2Lol2 Love her to bits though and wouldn't swap her really. ( just incase she ever reads this ) A kiwi model from Aukland. Was imported here around 1990 I think.
Well I went out and bought a TomTom Rider V2 a few years ago.
Tomtom rider website

It comes with the cardo helmet conection which is a bluetooth connection to the tomtom. The little flat speaker fits inside the helmet nice and you can actually hear it.

I also connected my mobile phone to the tomtom via bluetooth.

Can dial out and anwser calls all from the tomtom gps.

Great unit but expensive.
My missus was pestering me for communication on the bike, regrettably I had to inform her that they don't work on Suzukis..
Very good work alpal. I had a boyfriend who heard of the intercoms and suggested we needed one. Duffer. I told them it didn't work with the Shoei helmets. Pity really, otherwise I would have LOVED to talk constantly while riding.
(09-02-2010, 06:26pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Very good work alpal. I had a boyfriend who heard of the intercoms and suggested we needed one. Duffer. I told them it didn't work with the Shoei helmets. Pity really, otherwise I would have LOVED to talk constantly while riding.

Do you think we can get 14 sets (for bike to bike only) for our Tassie ride, at a huge discount of course Read