Admin Team is stood down
(11-12-2009, 05:49pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: I would like to nominate
Heidi
Rod
Astro

All have been responsible, consistent, open and honest in their actions.

I've not been here that long but from the point of view of a newbie that has no idea what is going on, those three names are familiar to me, I have enjoyed reading their posts and would therefore second that nomination.
(11-12-2009, 06:22pm)bazman Wrote:
(11-12-2009, 06:12pm)Vellaterra Wrote: I dont know what went on, I too always miss the bus, but hay I have always thought this forum has been one of the best going round. Dont spoil it, I really believe we all are here because of the common interest and thats our ride. Its not how good you are, how fast you are, how much money you put into your ride, who is the flashiest, nor gutsiest.
Its all about JUST US, we ride the Hayabusa, and we stand out from the rest. I would hate to think this forum has a dark side, maybe I should take my rose coloured glasses off, maybe not.
I am proud of this Forum and I am pround of the people who are in it.
Look at the good, we put our hands out when a member has gone down, or if his ride is in need of parts and its owner needs a break. These are just two of the reasons that stand out for me. I will not give up on a forum like this.

Good luck Volvi in the new nominations and thanks to the previous admin staff. We should only strive for being the BEST, as thats what we represent.

Thats my say.
Stephen V

Pi_thumbsup +1 Coolsmiley

Biker +2 Biker
Wm Coach
(11-12-2009, 06:12pm)Vellaterra Wrote: My Vote:-

Heidi
Rod
Astro

I dont know what went on, I too always miss the bus, but hay I have always thought this forum has been one of the best going round. Dont spoil it, I really believe we all are here because of the common interest and thats our ride. Its not how good you are, how fast you are, how much money you put into your ride, who is the flashiest, nor gutsiest.
Its all about JUST US, we ride the Hayabusa, and we stand out from the rest. I would hate to think this forum has a dark side, maybe I should take my rose coloured glasses off, maybe not.
Look at the good, we put our hands out when a member has gone down, or if his ride is in need of parts and its owner needs a break. These are just two of the reasons that stand out for me. I will not give up on a forum like this.

Good luck Volvi in the new nominations and thanks to the previous admin staff. We should only strive for being the BEST, as thats what we represent.

Thats my say.
Stephen V

Clap Clap Clap Clap
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
(11-12-2009, 08:20pm)BUSABAZZ Wrote:
(11-12-2009, 06:12pm)Vellaterra Wrote: My Vote:-

Heidi
Rod
Astro

I dont know what went on, I too always miss the bus, but hay I have always thought this forum has been one of the best going round. Dont spoil it, I really believe we all are here because of the common interest and thats our ride. Its not how good you are, how fast you are, how much money you put into your ride, who is the flashiest, nor gutsiest.

Thats my say.
Stephen V

Clap Clap Clap Clap
YesPi_thumbsup

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

+1

And I would like to say it was and is apparent that alot of people have no idea as to what this is all about.

That proves to me that regardless of differences in opinion on an admin side of things they have on the most part behaved for the better of the forum regardless of the issues. Lots of us have no idea what its about!!!ClapClapwell done.

Running a forum is no easy task and admins no easy job........so to those who have rightly or wrongly performed their task..............

Thank you for your efforts..................and to the members be aware of what you post, how you post and why you post because I am sure this began from grass roots threads and escalated from there.

Volvi....tough call & one you didn't make lightly I am sure, taking on the tough stuff gets my respect.

Thanks to you all

jenn
(11-12-2009, 09:04pm)1ArmedBandit Wrote: +1

And I would like to say it was and is apparent that alot of people have no idea as to what this is all about.

That proves to me that regardless of differences in opinion on an admin side of things they have on the most part behaved for the better of the forum regardless of the issues. Lots of us have no idea what its about!!!ClapClapwell done.

Running a forum is no easy task and admins no easy job........so to those who have rightly or wrongly performed their task..............

Thank you for your efforts..................and to the members be aware of what you post, how you post and why you post because I am sure this began from grass roots threads and escalated from there.

Volvi....tough call & one you didn't make lightly I am sure, taking on the tough stuff gets my respect.

Thanks to you all

jenn

Good call !
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
Heidi
Rod
Astro

Got my vote Pi_thumbsup
(11-12-2009, 09:07pm)simmo Wrote:
Heidi
Rod
Astro

Got my vote Pi_thumbsup

+1
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
(12-12-2009, 06:21am)Gassick Wrote:
Heidi
Rod
Astro

Got my vote Pi_thumbsup

+1
My vote as well
[Image: photo3.jpg]
(12-12-2009, 08:17am)LOAFIE Wrote:
(12-12-2009, 06:21am)Gassick Wrote:
Heidi
Rod
Astro

Got my vote Pi_thumbsup

+1
My vote as well

+1
I would like to suggest here on the open forum that any member who accepts a role as a club admin be put on a set time limit in the job. I suggest maybe 2 years.

I have a number of reasons for this suggestion.

1. It is a very time consuming role. You are expected to commit to visiting the forum at every opportunity and if you are not here. People suspect that you are ignoring the job.

2. You have to take the time to read almost every post, regardless of whether it interests you or not. We have a "report" button for people to push to indicate a problem, but this is very rarely used. It should be used more often and it would make the admins job a lot easier.

2. Regardless of how popular the person is, due to the requirements of the position and the duties involved, you will always get onto the wrong side of a few members. This is unavoidable because to be a good admin, you have to adhere to the rules and ensure that members do too.

3. An admin should know the laws relating to privacy and how they should be applied to the job.

4. As stated by Volvi, an admin must be able to work as part of a team and be able to comply with that teams decisions. This takes time and in some cases, action must be taken immediately. There are rules on this forum that have a ZT rating. That is Zero Tolerance. In other words, if someone breaks that rule, they suffer the consequences. In the past, the admin team have failed to apply the ZT rule. They have to be supported in this ability, otherwise the forum will decline to flame wars once again.

I have been an admin on this forum for a few years now. Most of that time the club ran without the need for rules and regulations and in the most part it ran well.
The adoption of comprehensive rules was insisted upon by a handful of members who thought that I was unfair in some of my decisions.
Whether the club runs according to these rules is entirely up to the admins responsible but recently personal matters have gotten in the way of that happening.
It appears that an admin is not entitled to a personal life without being placed under the microscope and invasion of privacy. If you nominate or accept this role, be prepared to be tested to the limits.

I have been a member here for about 5 years and will probably continue to be a member and enjoy my time with members who I know and love.
I will not be nominating as an admin this time around but if the opportunity arises again in the future or if I am called in again to do what I do. I will gladly accept the job.

Thank you very much to all my hundreds of friends. It has been a real honour to know you all and be trusted to do the job in the first place.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
You are an absolute gentleman Ray! "The Woman" and I dip our lids to you mate!!!!!!!!!
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
I'm going to add my 2 cents here and make my thoughts public.
I like the simple approach.

The board has worked fine before for a lot of years with almost no Administration at all.

Now we have some firm rules in place too.
So that means if something comes up and it is brought to the attention of say Volvi or maybe a general admin person then its acted on based on the rules. Easy.

If there has been any problem I can see it has been too many cooks.
Too many people moving posts from here to there etc and analysing every thread.
I disgree that an Admin has to read almost every thread.
All an admin should do is act on something if another Member brings it to their attention or the admin happens to bump into the thread that is a bit dodgy.

Maybe that's the problem that too many people having been scrutinising this and that and interpreting things in a million different ways and admins placing all this stress on themselves.

Keep it simple.
Maybe one general admin.
He/she doesn't have to be online 24/7 as long as they check in every day or 2 or are contactable via email.

For Gods sake this is just a bloody Forum about bikes.
It isn't rocket science and shouldn't be made out to be.
There I said it.
(12-12-2009, 12:27pm)DjPete Wrote: I'm going to add my 2 cents here and make my thoughts public.
I like the simple approach.

The board has worked fine before for a lot of years with almost no Administration at all.

Now we have some firm rules in place too.
So that means if something comes up and it is brought to the attention of say Volvi or maybe a general admin person then its acted on based on the rules. Easy.

If there has been any problem I can see it has been too many cooks.
Too many people moving posts from here to there etc and analysing every thread.
I disgree that an Admin has to read almost every thread.
All an admin should do is act on something if another Member brings it to their attention or the admin happens to bump into the thread that is a bit dodgy.

Maybe that's the problem that too many people having been scrutinising this and that and interpreting things in a million different ways and admins placing all this stress on themselves.

Keep it simple.
Maybe one general admin.
He/she doesn't have to be online 24/7 as long as they check in every day or 2 or are contactable via email.

For Gods sake this is just a bloody Forum about bikes.
It isn't rocket science and shouldn't be made out to be.
There I said it.
Well said Pete You got the job Very Happy nice and easy we had no BIG problems
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Ive only read the first few posts, so forgive me if my comment is out of place..but I hate to see discord of any sort, Im also acutely aware of how thankless a forum admin or moderators job is. Its difficult under those circumstances for folk to pull in the same direction. I truly hope all turns out dandy...

S