First Post
Hi all, I've decided to have a look through this forum, ask for some information and maybe join some rides, so here I am with my first post.

My introduction to Busa's was three years ago when I bought a new 06 in Silver/blue that I ordered with a bagster tank cover and bag and a Ventura rack. Standard otherwise. It was a lovely bike that I put (from memory) about 50000 kms in two years before I dropped it on a slippery ripple strip.

I immediately bought a new K9 in black in December 08 and I've just notched up 20000kms on it. Same as the first, no bling at all. At the time I almost went for a Bandit but at the last minute realised that there was no way I'd be satisfied with anything other than a busa.

Quite often weeks will pass without me riding it and sometimes only a short run to clear the cobwebs, but usually when I get on, I'll do 1000 kms plus. I enjoy the long haul trips.

I've only had it on track at EC once - I've tracked all of my bikes. That day really brought out my only gripe with the bike.....the brakes.

Having said that, I wouldn't swap it with any other bike.

I'm looking forward to enjoying being here!
Welcome mate, the club aften does track days so you will have to get along and meet the crew..
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
Welcome to the club Dean.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
G'day Dean,

Welcome to the AHC mate !!
There's a few members here (myself included) that like to get out on the track every once & a while & have a good play.....stick around, mate, plenty to see & do here !

keep it fun,
bazman.
Coolsmiley
Welcomeaboard mate hope you have fun
Welcome Dean, quite a few of us like to push it around the track, yeah it is one hell of a barge to pull up on turn 2, but the straight makes it almost worth while! Where are you based?

Cheers

Heidi
G'day Dean Welcome yes the Busa is addictive & hypnotic... You are under it's spell... You will do what it commands... Lol3
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
Welcome :)
Welcome

You're not the first person I've heard mention that the brakes are the only thing they're not completely happy with on the Busa's. Probably a fix out there somewhere?
Welcome
- I wouldn't worry about the brakes . . . they only slow you down.Idiot2
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Yeah, brakes are for girls.
(09-12-2009, 09:16pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Yeah, brakes are for girls.

+1 Clap anything gets in your way.....juz flip da front wheel OVER it !!!Pi_tongue
Thanks for the welcome guys!

The brakes were a big part of my logging on here. I was hoping that someone may have changed/modified their brakes and I was curious to find their opinions.

(09-12-2009, 05:36pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Welcome Dean, quite a few of us like to push it around the track, yeah it is one hell of a barge to pull up on turn 2, but the straight makes it almost worth while! Where are you based?

Cheers

Heidi

Based in Rockdale, Sydney. And I've met you although you may not remember at WP last year.

I doubt I'd put the busa back on track as I've a dedicated trackie but if the club is out there I reserve the right to reconsider!

Cheers
SORRY DUDE! I'm sure I'll recognise you when I see you. So you're a RAT huh? A few have snuck on. If you're a RAT and you live in Rockdale, there is a chance you'll know Loafie and Pan. Pan and I are doing a track day next year, bring the bus along. What trackie do you have?
WelcomeDEAN
IM not to happy with the brakes as well,but there is some things you can do,a member here greeny sa,has got his working fine,so send him a pm and im sure he would explain,
cheers john
born to be mild