Quickest Ebay purchase ever?
Wife says we should get a lcd tv.
Get home last night, log onto Ebay search for one I want see another bigger one with 200hz. Has 7 mins to go!
Quickly research it on the web.

4mins to go

Ring the contact, she picks up!
Ask her whether it is current model. She says yes.

3mins to go

Place a bid for $1750
outbid

2mins to go

Place my last bid for 1850.

Do some browsing elsewhere to steady the nerves.
Come back.
Won it!

Shit....hope it works when it gets here!!

This is what I got...ex demo 12 mths warranty
http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/tv-au...prd_detail
very nice Pi_thumbsup
Party time at Petes place Pi_thumbsup
Seen it on sale (run out model) in Sydney for $1500.......
Scored well Pete...Clap

Those moto-GP and WSB races (not to mention all the grid girls DroolBoobies4Drool) are gonna look fantastic next year at your place !!!

keep it fun,
bazman.
Coolsmiley
Well done Pete Trophy Clap

So.... Can you please tell us the movie session times and dates? ....I'll bring Popcorn ..... oh hang on a minute.... I seem to have confused you with Hoyts Lol3
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
(23-11-2009, 03:05pm)Legend Wrote: Seen it on sale (run out model) in Sydney for $1500.......
Just my luck. Confused

Anyway the point was....
Has anyone made a quick decision like that on the web?
It's so easy to get sucked in...I mean make a well informed decision online these days.
:-)
(23-11-2009, 07:56pm)DjPete Wrote:
(23-11-2009, 03:05pm)Legend Wrote: Seen it on sale (run out model) in Sydney for $1500.......
Just my luck. Confused

Anyway the point was....
Has anyone made a quick decision like that on the web?
It's so easy to get sucked in...I mean make a well informed decision online these days.
:-)

Just hav'n a lend mate!
haha
wouldn't surprise me anyway.
always happens.
you get a bargain and a week later you see it somewhere on special cheaper. Not the first time. Probably why I dont root around any more. I must be getting old. Lol
(23-11-2009, 08:04pm)DjPete Wrote: haha
wouldn't surprise me anyway.
always happens.
you get a bargain and a week later you see it somewhere on special cheaper. Not the first time. Probably why I dont root around any more. I must be getting old. Lol

Haha, you're dead right. Many years ago I bought a stolen CD player (and I knew it was hot), one week later there it was in some store for less than I paid... very embarrassing... Lol2Lol2

Edit...But to stay on topic, yes but not as quick as yours. The last 40+ degree day we had I spent online wading through the murky waters of portable aircons. Before the mercury had peaked we had educated ourselves, found the one we wanted and were furiously stoushing for a fine example on fleabay... then the cool change came and we lost interest, which was just as well as once again we were bidding TOO HIGH! Ugh
I just bought a 50" Panasonic plasma last week, Id never trust ebay for that. Pana is having a huge special on with free bonus atm and theyre going like hot cakes, I chose the home theatre, I got the V series for $2490 from 3300.

http://www.hdbonus.com.au/hdbonus/Default.aspx
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Unrelated to a TV or Ebay but the quick purchase is how I bought my first bike - GSX650F with the wife unable to disagree.

Wife came back from a holiday in thailand and she said "I want to get a scooter". I replied with "no worries, but that just means I'm going to by a bike then". end of discussion.

2 days later I was the proud owner of my new Suzuki and no licence to legaly ride it. (got one now though)
12 months on and she does not own a scooter and probably never will.

This time she's going back to thailand and while she's gone ........I'm buying a Hayabusa.
Seems fair to me.
(24-11-2009, 12:53pm)BikerBoy Wrote: Unrelated to a TV or Ebay but the quick purchase is how I bought my first bike - GSX650F with the wife unable to disagree.

Wife came back from a holiday in thailand and she said "I want to get a scooter". I replied with "no worries, but that just means I'm going to by a bike then". end of discussion.

2 days later I was the proud owner of my new Suzuki and no licence to legaly ride it. (got one now though)
12 months on and she does not own a scooter and probably never will.

This time she's going back to thailand and while she's gone ........I'm buying a Hayabusa.
Seems fair to me.

ROFL
She wants a scooter....you get a road bike.
She wants a boob job...you'll get .......???Roll
(24-11-2009, 06:15pm)CJ03 Wrote: She wants a scooter....you get a road bike.
She wants a boob job...you'll get .......???Roll

divorced ....from getting busted with the cute little receptionist at the surgery.Pi_tongue