The Way It Is
LET me see if I understand all this...

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOuR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY

AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED. IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE AUSTRALIAN BOARDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET A JOB, A DRIVERS LICENSE, PENSION CARD, WELFARE, CREDIT CARDS, SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE, FREE EDUCATION AND FREE HEALTH CARE.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Yes. We are the lucky country.

I love it here.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Yes indeed.

My old man once said to me

" before they let me through the gates I was asked one question: What can I do for this country"

Mate he was physically checked and went thru the ringer. it is suprising who they let thru the gates these days. I do feel for people who seek freedom from prosecution. It is the minority who do not let go of their past and think we are a police state that really get me.
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
Yeah it's bullshit isn't it Greeny!

Takes away opportunity from the people already here.
IMO if people want to come here then they should be processed like any other person who wants to become an Australian citizen.

I welcome all people into Australia of any race or creed with open arms as long as they have stood in line and awaited their turn and understand and respect our way of life as we would do if we went to another country.
For us to go abroad it's more like "YOU BETTER CONFORM OR ELSE"
IMHO our laws here are hard on us and soft on others.

Who can blame these people who want to come HERE, especially if things are really bad in their country but more so when they are offered such a sweet deal.

Soft little pee wee, sell out politicians!

My 2 cents.
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
(18-11-2009, 06:41pm)BUSABAZZ Wrote: Yeah it's bullshit isn't it Greeny!

Takes away opportunity from the people already here.
IMO if people want to come here then they should be processed like any other person who wants to become an Australian citizen.

I welcome all people into Australia of any race or creed with open arms as long as they have stood in line and awaited their turn and understand and respect our way of life as we would do if we went to another country.
For us to go abroad it's more like "YOU BETTER CONFORM OR ELSE"
IMHO our laws here are hard on us and soft on others.

Who can blame these people who want to come HERE, especially if things are really bad in their country but more so when they are offered such a sweet deal.

Soft little pee wee, sell out politicians!

My 2 cents.

What are we up to? 43 or 44 boats this year.

We obviously have something they don't have - democratic government and you don't disappear or get shot or go to gaol for saying your mind.

We are indeed a lucky country.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
(18-11-2009, 06:11pm)BUSGO Wrote: Yes. We are the lucky country.

I love it here.

wont be for long..Coolrasta
Sad isn't it. We sponsor a young lady in Uganda who speaks four languages fluently. She lives in what we would call poverty but she thanks God for everyday. We have ploughed through enough paperwork to choke a horse applying to get her here doing it the right way. We have repeated many sections of the paperwork multiple times. We live two hours from Canberra where there is a big shortage of translators in her languages. This kid's a walk upstart to being a productive member of the workforce of this country. Its been two years already with maybe another two years to go and they make it bloody hard... which is a good thing. When she does get here she will be the least likely to take the place for a bludge on the dole, she'll be making $70k a year telling some pollie what some other pollie is BSing on about and thinking she's in some incredible dream.
IF YOU CROSS THE AUSTRALIAN BOARDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET A JOB, A DRIVERS LICENSE, PENSION CARD, WELFARE, CREDIT CARDS, SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE, FREE EDUCATION AND FREE HEALTH CARE.

Given all that ..................... it's surprising that theres only forty boat loads and not four hundred. Then to add insult to injury what is the pitance they call the pension that the Australian citizen gets after fifty years of paying tax's ? Oh ........... that is of course providing that you haven't worked to hard and saved to much money because then you get zero ......... naturally.
(18-11-2009, 06:03pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: IF YOU CROSS THE AUSTRALIAN BOARDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET A JOB, A DRIVERS LICENSE, PENSION CARD, WELFARE, CREDIT CARDS, SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE, FREE EDUCATION AND FREE HEALTH CARE.

Yes, whilst a percentage of our legal Australian Citizens live on the streets, our pensioners suffer, our health care system, education system, police and prision systems lack the necessary funds to function properly, all whilst we pay the highest income tax rates of any developed nation.

We are the lucky country, but how much more foriegn aid and how many more illegal immigrants can we actually afford?
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Anyone remember Turtle Beach?
Unbeleivable hey....
It seems so easy for people to sit in front of their keypad and pass judgemental comments like"they should wait in line""go through the process"................DO YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE COMING FROM PLACES/COUNTRYS THAT HAVE AIR CON LUXURY OFFICES TO WAIT IN ??????DEMOCRATIC LIFESTYLES????FOOD,LIBERTY????.........THE REALITY IS THAT THEY ARE BEING CHASED,TORTURED,CHOPPED,RAPED OR SHOT.I ALSO CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE IN AUS KNOW THE DIFF BETWEEN "ASYLUM SEEKER","ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT" AND A POLITICAL REFUGEE".
If migrants never came here in the 50,60 70s this place would be nowhere close to what it is today,those where boat people too,the difference is that they where not in danger like these people are and they where invited here cause the place was falling apart.Australians seem to forget their history and that this country was indgenous owned,was taken by military force and used like a toilet for dropping off the worst kind of garbage from mother England.That is factual!!
Remember........a criminal record was a requirement to come here,so lets not be too hasty in pointing the finger!!!!

Quote: History
is what makes you
or
a big lie everyone agrees too
(19-11-2009, 08:28am)1300hayabusa Wrote: Quote: History
is what makes you
or
a big lie everyone agrees too

Too true

But they're not all being raped, shot at, killed, etc. Most want to come because it's a lifestyle choice, or it's easier than sorting out the mess in their own countries. If we opened the doors we'd be displaced.
If these 'asylum seekers' want to come here, then I think they should be processed similar to an illegal immigrant until verification that they are true asylum seekers.

As said above, for many it is a lifestyle that they are after. Personally, I find coaxing the so called asylum seekers off the boat with such a sweet deal degrading and insulting to not only Australian citizens but to the other ethnic people that have come to this country by going through the right channels without any incentive.

There are many in this country that do not have a job (not through lack of trying) yet are unable to claim benefits, get financial assistance, etc. The pensioners in this country have a it tough with minimal amounts of money to live on, and it's even worse for them if they are a couple on a pension.IMO this country should start to look after its' own citizens first before encouraging others to just rock up here and reap the benefits.
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
Maybe we could do it on a rotation basis.

One new asylum seeker in, willing to work hard and adopt the Aussie way of life.

One fat lazy dole bludging, welfare dependant Australian lowlife feral out.
(Hey wait a minute - isn't that the aussie way of life??)

Geez, I'm glad I was born here! otherwise it might be me on that boat!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .