Gen II Ohlins
So who has an Ohlins in the rear of their K8/9?

Who has had, or done work on their Forks...ie: Valving, Springs etc?

Cheers! Very Happy
Matt.
(15-11-2009, 07:37pm)Troopmaster Wrote: So who has an Ohlins in the rear of their K8/9?

Who has had, or done work on their Forks...ie: Valving, Springs etc?

Cheers! Very Happy
Matt.

I have both. Ohlins rear and racetech valved and sprung front. Orange K8
I've neither.

Is this mainly done for track Days or a drag racing.
/
Matt, if your looking for a good suspension place in Adelaide, This place comes highly recomended from Riding SA member's .I'm trying to get to him before our Tathra trip , By the way, want to come ?

SUSPENSION GURU'S

PETER. PHONE 82623600

http://hoeyracing.ararenotion.com.au/ UNIT 3 111 RESEARCH RD POORAKA

FORK SERVICE – FORKS OFF $185.00 FORK SEAL& OIL
FORK SERVICE – Forks on bike Plus $60.00 FOR FARING & FORK REMOVAL

Drop in & see Peter First. THEN BOOK IN.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(15-11-2009, 08:16pm)[UNIT] Wrote: I've neither.

Is this mainly done for track Days or a drag racing.

Neither mate a setup for track days or drag racing is massively different to a good road setup.

Quality suspension makes a huge difference to the gen2, the stock suspension is fine but no comparison to good gear properly setup to suit you.

More compliant ride
Better handling
Better braking control
Better traction.
(15-11-2009, 08:17pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Matt, if your looking for a good suspension place in Adelaide, This place comes highly recomended from Riding SA member's .I'm trying to get to him before our Tathra trip , By the way, want to come ?

SUSPENSION GURU'S

PETER. PHONE 82623600

http://hoeyracing.ararenotion.com.au/ UNIT 3 111 RESEARCH RD POORAKA

FORK SERVICE – FORKS OFF $185.00 FORK SEAL& OIL
FORK SERVICE – Forks on bike Plus $60.00 FOR FARING & FORK REMOVAL

Drop in & see Peter First. THEN BOOK IN.

Gday Greeny, and thanx for the offer! Very Happy

unfortunatley im away working at the mo and i wont be home till Dec 22, then im off to Darwin for a bit.
As for suspension........im well aware of who are the Susp Guru's here in Adel, and im all too aware of the different suspensions required for Road Racing/Drag Racing (thanx anyways gents Very Happy )
Im just wanting to know who has what combo, ie: spring rate, valving etc.
Gotta go...duty calls! Undecided
Hey BLACKZOOK, what sort of Ohlins do you have?

Is it a simple replacment or something a little more special?

My K9 is a stocker with 1100kms on the clock, instead of going down the PCV/TRE/4>1 thing, im going down the suspension route, (for those who know the Adelaide Hills, inparticular Chain of Ponds etc the standard HP is quite ok for the moment), dont get me wrong, all that i just mentioned will be happening as i luurve Horsepower, (i have an EF Suzuki with 210 at the Rear wheel!)

But for me, for the moment, im on the suspension trail, so if anyone has any other sort of Shock/Fork combo other than Ohlins id like to know about it. Very Happy