Hi from the South Coast
Hello,

My wife Lynny and I (I'm Andrew) dont own a busa as yet. We have had two bikes since we married four years ago (twenty five years too late as we were high school sweethearts Frown) and we always ride together.

Our first bike was an SV1000S, a brilliant Suzuki that I really loved. An '04 model, it was one of only five navy blue bikes that were imported, apparently by mistake, that year. Strictly for reasons of safety, the exhaust baffles were removed straight away, a fortunate consequence of which was that I had a vee twin grin a mile wide every time I hit the starter. We lived in Geelong at the time and how we never got one speeding ticket, especially given the stupid 80kph limit they've put on the Great Ocean Road is something we still marvel at Very Happy Unfortunately, after many fun miles my darling wife developed a little arthritis in her neck and ripping around on the SV just wasn't the same.

Not wanting to give away riding together we sold the SV. Luckily, the rarity of the bike meant that we got slightly better than our money back and could therefore afford to look at something a little more comfy. And whats more comfy than a fully dressed cruiser with a huge screen, big seats, foot boards and more luggage room than a Toyota Tarago? At the time I wouldn't have known a cruiser if I got run down by one so it was only after a lot of searching that I decided (and price had a lot to do with this) on a '98 Kawasaki VN1500 Nomad. We found a good one in Sydney, flew up and rode it home.

[Image: OurPipes.jpg][Image: 19072009688.jpg]

We have added a Vance and Hines full exhaust (once again, strictly for safety reasons Very Happy )

The thing is, we're a little sick of it. The screen is neither here nor there as we both wear full face helmets, the luggage (top box) is good for stashing the helmets at the cafe's but not critical as Lynny and I are day trippers, the foot boards are comfy but I cringe a lot when cornering and the weight of the thing (337kg DRY) is something I thought I would get used to but now realise that I dont want to. The clincher tho is that it doesnt have anywhere near enough power, and after my much loved 105rwhp SV, I miss it.

So... I'm thinking that we need a busa. Custom pillion seat for my girl, nice set of very safe pipes Very Happy, some fresh springs to match our combined weight with a very high tech, three way adjustable rear shock that can dialed from super twitchy when we blast up the Kings hwy to the top of the hill to very comfy for general cruising. And lots of power.

Anyway, we're looking forward to meeting and chatting with you all and getting more aquainted with the busa as we consider selling our cruiser for something with more bite!!

Cheers

Andrew and Lynny
Welcome aboard andrew an lynny glad to have you join our family here guys.

nice bike by the way

cheers big kev
welcome to the board mate. where abouts on the south coast are you?
Regards

Dan
Hello there, welcome aboard! That is one heck of a journey you are on, sounds like fun. Looking forward to meeting you and Lynny. Come to tathra for the 10th aniversary ride if you'd like (4/5/6 Dec). Of course you wont be allowed to PARK near us if you still have the cruiser, but we will let you buy us beers in the pub.

Looking forward to catching up. If you are in Canberra, give us a heads up. We have a small but noisy group here.

Heidi
Cheers big kev, We are very happy to have found an aussie forum dedicated to the busa.

Thanks Dan. We live in sunny Moruya, where to we shifted a year ago from Geelong. And we're loving it. I work an equal time roster at an alumina refinery in the NT so there's always time for a ride and the Kings Hwy is just too good to be pushing a 70hp cruiser up and down.

Hi Heidi1. Thank you for your welcome. I will be working during the Tathra run unfortunately and we definitely wont have a busa by then, but when we do we will be looking forward to catching up with you all in Canberra. We like the sound of "small but noisy"
so your on the saphire coast i used to live at malua bay half way betweer batemans bay and moruya on the coast its gods country down there mate
Hey Crane,
Welcome to the family !!

keep it fun,
bazman.
Coolsmiley
(29-10-2009, 12:18pm)big kev Wrote: so your on the saphire coast i used to live at malua bay half way betweer batemans bay and moruya on the coast its gods country down there mate

Thanks bazman

Cheers big kev, you're right mate, it is beautiful. We started at looking at Eden and went as far as the Bay and on the way back found our block in Moruya and the rest is history.

I've just realised that I arrive home from work on the 6th, the last day of the time you spend at Tathra which is only about 150km away from home. Where will you guys be on the Sunday and when do you think you'll be leaving for home? We may be able to come down and say G'day. (We promise to park incognito Coolsmiley)
I love the south coast! I'm hoping my boss will agree to me working remotely so when he does il be down your neck of the woods faster than you can say I'm outa here! Lucky pair you two are!
Regards

Dan
We all tend to leave pretty early, but I suspect most of us will be heading through Moruya on the way home. If you are home, put the kettle on.
Hi Andrew and Lynni, you both sound alright. Your trip through motorcycles is downright Darwinian by the sounds of it. You will have hit your stride well and truly when you strap a Hayabusa to your collective tails and take to the wide open roads.

Look forward to catching up with you sooner or later. The other club we belong to (The Canberra noisy but nice mob that is) is the Canberra Riders. We do very regular trips to Malua Bay for a hamburger the warmer it gets. We might run into you sooner rather than later. Coolsmiley

Cheers

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Welcome
Ah Moruya, my home town - well one of them.
I went to school from year 5 thru to year 9 at Moruya.
Beautiful place.
These are a good bunch of blokes, and blokettes - hope you have a big kettle?
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Thanks Max and Ward P. We are both now very keen to have a great bike and a join a new social circle of like minded enthusiasts. The busa has been on the backburner of my automotive wish list for years. We can see ourselves belting up the hill to meet you all for the ride back down to where ever you may be going. Really looking forward to meeting you all.

As for the 6th Dec, I usually fly into Moruya at 1010 but because its a Sunday I dont touch down til 1215. Lynny and I thought we might meet whoever would like to, at the picnic tables right beside the bridge on the town side. Its very nice there. There's a cafe nearby for coffee and my girl makes the best raspberry/white choc muffins in the world. Thing is, by the time I get home/organised etc it would realistically be about 1300-1330 and you guys may be long passed thru by then.

But anyones who not, and who maybe leaving Tathra later and would like a little driver reviver afternoon tea in Moruya and meet the busaless newbies Lol3 let us know.

I'm collecting pics of all the models now (the ones we can afford anyway) to determine which one best suits my darlins eye.
hi welcome buddy!
G'day Andrew & Lynny Welcome
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]