Canberrans Sips Again
Working nightshift this week Canberrans, so no social sip for me.Frown
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
I'm going to be in the car again headed for Forster. I think I'm an honorary Sydney member at the moment.
(14-09-2009, 10:16pm)Heidi1 Wrote: I'm going to be in the car again headed for Forster. I think I'm an honorary Sydney member at the moment.

Thanks Heidi, you just can't keep a good man down can you!

We'll keep a seat warm for you in a couple of weeks mate!Pi_thumbsup
Nope, the Phoenix appears to have made a bit of a return, we don't call him that for nothing! Mum arrived in from overseas on Sat, and was with him on Sunday after she drove up there. Since then he has been sitting happily up in bed, knows who everyone is and is EATING! The old bugger. He was given 12 hours a week ago! I'm glad mum is getting this time with him.
(14-09-2009, 10:29pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Nope, the Phoenix appears to have made a bit of a return, we don't call him that for nothing! Mum arrived in from overseas on Sat, and was with him on Sunday after she drove up there. Since then he has been sitting happily up in bed, knows who everyone is and is EATING! The old bugger. He was given 12 hours a week ago! I'm glad mum is getting this time with him.

That's excel;lent news for your Mum mate. Maybe he was waiting for her??

Anyway, tomorrow is always a better day to pass on than today.
Maybe he was. I'd told him when she was coming and told him he had to wait, I think he is just so excited to see her he has had a bit of a shot of adrenaline and feels great! I'm pleased, he was just miserable before.
(15-09-2009, 09:15am)Heidi1 Wrote: Maybe he was. I'd told him when she was coming and told him he had to wait, I think he is just so excited to see her he has had a bit of a shot of adrenaline and feels great! I'm pleased, he was just miserable before.

Sitting around waiting to die must be a terrible experience mate. No wonder the poor old bugger was miserable. The shot in the arm of seeing your Mum must have been a real tonic to him. When my mother denied all by mouth after she ws diagnosed with the dreaded C it took a fortnight for her to pass on. There was nothing left of her when she went. We can only hope for a relatively pain free end for your Gramps darlin'. You're in our thoughts.
(15-09-2009, 09:49am)Madmax Wrote:
(15-09-2009, 09:15am)Heidi1 Wrote: Maybe he was. I'd told him when she was coming and told him he had to wait, I think he is just so excited to see her he has had a bit of a shot of adrenaline and feels great! I'm pleased, he was just miserable before.

Sitting around waiting to die must be a terrible experience mate. No wonder the poor old bugger was miserable. The shot in the arm of seeing your Mum must have been a real tonic to him. When my mother denied all by mouth after she ws diagnosed with the dreaded C it took a fortnight for her to pass on. There was nothing left of her when she went. We can only hope for a relatively pain free end for your Gramps darlin'. You're in our thoughts.

+1 Amen.
Big Big Hug to you Heidi. Stay strong girl.
I've already told Astro I'm taking a housebrick in a sock with me when I go up!
(14-09-2009, 10:29pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Nope, the Phoenix appears to have made a bit of a return, we don't call him that for nothing! Mum arrived in from overseas on Sat, and was with him on Sunday after she drove up there. Since then he has been sitting happily up in bed, knows who everyone is and is EATING! The old bugger. He was given 12 hours a week ago! I'm glad mum is getting this time with him.

That's so nice to hear he responded like that. They often do, as they really do wish to see certain people they hold dearly.
Take care of yourself and your loved ones. xXx
Go hard, or Go home!
Thanks Missy, you have been SUCH a help!! Everything you told me useful, and I've used all of it. There is still things to come, but you've been great. I've just realised I didn't respond to your PM, I was in Forster and just didn't, sorry!
Zeff's tonight anyone?

Max has the night off......and I have the next 18 nights (and days) off so we are in.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
I'm heading back to Forster.
ill be there tonight if anyone else is going actually. wont be riding a busa but ill be there if its on
Regards

Dan