Pilot Road 2 $$$$
Hey people was looking around for a pilot road 2 today and the cheapest here in Rockhampton is $309. Is this about right or should i look at getting them somewhere else?

Cheers Nathan.
i looked at a set in sydney nathan and they are $425 are you sure there piolt 2 seems cheap but if there piolt 2 snapem up for that price mate

im looking at a set of conternentials for $350 for my busa
(07-09-2009, 08:55am)nato674 Wrote: Hey people was looking around for a pilot road 2 today and the cheapest here in Rockhampton is $309. Is this about right or should i look at getting them somewhere else?

Cheers Nathan.

Nathan,
Is that 1 tire??? or a set of 2????
Fitted???
Just a rear tyre. 25 to fit
I bought a pair in Adelaide about six months ago for $500 fitted, ride in/out, no extra costs.
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???
I was quoted $535 for a pair fitted - about 2 weeks ago.

They are also doing deals on the original Pilot Road (2009 moulded dates only) and I got my set fitted for $395. They may be older technology, but they're working just fine for me.
(07-09-2009, 02:27pm)Astro Wrote: I was quoted $535 for a pair fitted - about 2 weeks ago.

They are also doing deals on the original Pilot Road (2009 moulded dates only) and I got my set fitted for $395. They may be older technology, but they're working just fine for me.

Older technology like the rider Roll

Most new rear tyres are around $330 ish now
Thanks guys.
(07-09-2009, 08:16pm)simmo Wrote: Older technology like the rider Roll

Mate... in relative terms... if a tyres technology was as old as me.... they'd still be chipping them out of stone.

Coolsmiley
(07-09-2009, 08:58pm)Astro Wrote:
(07-09-2009, 08:16pm)simmo Wrote: Older technology like the rider Roll
Mate... in relative terms... if a tyres technology was as old as me.... they'd still be chipping them out of stone.
Coolsmiley

It would last a hell of a lot longer,
Never skimp on your rubbers it leads to MMM ERRRRRR (bambenos)
I got my hands on a bridgee 020 the otherday Pi_thumbsup, I didn't know you could get them anymore, they have stopped making the 021 now I'm told Confused
Apologies now for this thread is about to be Hijacked

Is anyone running a PP2Ct on the front & PR2 on the rear? Just interested in peoples thoughts of running with 2 different profiles?
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Many people run a softer front tyre.
(08-09-2009, 10:18am)steventh Wrote: Many people run a softer front tyre.

Thanks Steven, I probably wasn't specific enough. My question was not so much the compound of the tyre but the profile / shape. The way I read it the PP2ct is a different shape & hence allows for better lean angles compared to the PR2. So if the PP2ct allows the front to tip in better when cornering and your rear tire is more rounded (PR2) is there an issue with cornering stability or the possibility of low siding?
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
I am currently running a Pilot Power on the front and Pilot Power 2CT on the rear.
The bike sticks and handles great.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
For a couple of yrs I ran a PP2 on the rear & a Metzler M3 on the front. All good & handled great.

I have PP2ct's front & rear now.