Moto GP
It' another round of MotoGp so what will this weekend have installed for us, will it be wet or dry well who knows but the first round of free practice started out wet but had some drying lines by the end of the practice session.

Anyway read some of the gossip and results from the first day at Donington.

Last lap push gives Pedrosa early Donington Free Practice advantage
Friday, 24 July 2009

Spaniardâ€s 1â€38.627 lap opens up MotoGP practice for British Grand Prix.

Donington Park 2009 - MotoGP FP1 Highlights

A dry line and a determined effort from Dani Pedrosa at the Donington Park circuit on Friday gave the Repsol Honda rider the fastest time of Friday afternoon, in practice for the British Grand Prix. Pedrosa clocked a 1â€38.627 lap on his final lap of the day to continue his strong run of form from recent weeks, and take the early advantage ahead of this Sundayâ€s race.

Second quickest in the session, Casey Stoner recorded the fewest laps of any rider with 16 turns of the British track –some eleven fewer than Pedrosa. He was examining his Ducati Desmosedici GP9 in the garage whilst his rival was reducing his time by 0.245.

World Championship leader Valentino Rossi was third, ahead of Andrea Dovizioso and title challenger Jorge Lorenzo in a top five separated by half a second.

There were difficulties in the session for home rider James Toseland, who had a run off track during the session and was also unable to bring his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 bike back to the pits after an incident at the end of the session.

Track conditions were drier than the drenched 125cc session, although not completely dry.

Melandri keeping eye on flag-to-flag possibility
Friday, 24 July 2009

Italian prepares for any eventuality with sixth in FP1.

Melandri hoping for dry race

Marco Melandri would probably be more pleased than most riders to see a change in conditions midway through the British Grand Prix, as one of the most successful riders in flag-to-flag races. There is a possibility of such a situation arising at Donington Park, thus the Italian was analysing the exact point of peak performance during Friday afternoonâ€s drying Free Practice session.

“We could understand a bit how the bike works on the full wet tyres here today, and also try to understand when would be the best time to change bikes in the race if conditions were to be like that,” Melandri stated after placing sixth in the timed run with a 1â€39.130 lap.

“Iâ€m confident, because I feel good on the bike and in the dry I also think that we can get a good rhythm going.”

Looking for further rear grip in the dry ahead of qualifying, the Hayate Racing rider is happy with his wet weather performance but still hopeful of a rain-free race.

“I would prefer to have a dry race because on this track it is very risky all the time. The grip level in the wet is very bad and it is difficult to work the left side of the tyre up to temperature during the race when you canâ€t wait many laps.”

Melandri stunned with a second place flag-to-flag finish at the French round of the MotoGP World Championship at Le Mans, and was also the winner of the inaugural race to use the format back in 2006 at Phillip Island, Australia.

Rossi: Donington Free Practice “difficult but important”
Friday, 24 July 2009

Reigning World Champion on Friday third place and Lorenzo speculation.

Rossi on early Donington going

Valentino Rossi has won in the wet before at Donington Park. A veteran of the track and a renowned wet weather expert, the reigning World Champion and current series leader needed no convincing as to the crucial need to work with his M1 under any conditions on Friday evening –a policy that took him up to third in the timesheets and only barely off the top spot.

“These strange conditions are always hard to ride in but it was important that we had some time in the wet today because we were able to understand our level. Weâ€re quite happy because I felt confident and I was able to be fast today,” said Rossi on the afternoon session, in which there was both a dry racing line and wet patches on the notoriously slippery British track.

“The conditions changed a lot during the hour and by the end it was mostly dry, which meant it was quite hard to ride with the wet tyres but we were still quite fast and in the end weâ€re third, which is a good start. Weâ€ve got a few modifications to make as usual after a Friday but we have a good base. Tomorrow it seems it will be completely dry so hopefully by the end of the day we will be ready for Sunday, whatever the weather,” he continued.

Expect Rossi to face competition from close to home this weekend, courtesy of teammate and persistent rival Jorge Lorenzo. The Spaniard is still undecided as to whether he will continue to share a partitioned garage with Rossi next season, but that is not something that overly alters the 30 year-oldâ€s perception of the young pretender to his crown.

“Jorge is a great rider and a great teammate; Iâ€ve heard the rumours about him going ot another team, but it doesnâ€t make a difference to me. Iâ€m already signed for next year, and I think that he will be a great rival on either a Yamaha or another bike,” he concluded.

Wet tyres all session for Capirossi and Vermeulen
Friday, 24 July 2009

Rizla Suzuki riders gain little from mixed Donington Park Free Practice conditions.

Loris Capirossi and Chris Vermeulen were unable to get their set-ups in order on Friday afternoon at Donington Park. The duo used a wet tyre throughout the session, which although drying up did not leave good enough conditions for slick rubber.

Loris Capirossi -11th
"As I have said before, we need to have time on the bike to get it set-up the best for us. It seems that we keep getting really difficult weather that isn't helping us at all. Today we used a wet tyre for the whole session and at the end 85% of the track was dry and the rest was wet so it was difficult to be able to get anything done. We can hope that the weather is better tomorrow so we can work on the bike and if we can I am sure we will be in a good position for Sunday."
Chris Vermeulen -14th
"It was really strange conditions out there today, but I guess you could say that is just normal British weather! We had a huge downpour at the start of the session and the track was very wet and quite slippery. We worked hard - and quickly - on getting a good wet setting while the track was still wet and the bike worked well in those conditions. At the end the track dried a lot so we just tested some small things that didn't really rely on fast lap-times, which was useful because with how the track was there wasn't a lot else to be learnt out there. At the end I came in a bit early because the track had dried out in most places, but there was still a couple of wet patches and it seemed a bit too dangerous for slicks."

Hayden looks over first British Grand Prix session
Friday, 24 July 2009

Ducati Marlboro man tenth in Donington Friday practice session.

Hayden rues lack of dry time

Nicky Hayden gained precious little from a Friday practice run in mixed conditions. Tenth at Donington Park, the American hopes for drier weather on Saturday in order to set up his Ducati Desmosedici GP9 and continue his positive recent form at the British Grand Prix.

Nicky Hayden -10th
“Typical British weather! Itâ€s been like this since I got here at the start of the week. We started out in the wet and I didnâ€t have much feel to begin with but we made a couple of changes and got better and better as the session went on. On the last lap I went straight in the last corner and ran wide so I made a little error there. Basically the bike didnâ€t feel too good in the heavy rain but much better in the damp. The weather looks better for tomorrow so we hope thatâ€s the case because it was difficult to draw any conclusions today.”

Tech 3 pair review Friday proceedings
Friday, 24 July 2009

Home rider James Toseland and his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team-mate Colin Edwards have improvements to make on Saturday at Donington.

Edwards gives Donington first impressions

The biggest weekend of the year for James Toseland sees him fighting for his MotoGP future at the British Grand Prix and the Yorkshireman will be aiming to up the pace on day two at Donington, having lapped 12th on the timesheet on Friday afternoon in mixed conditions. His satellite Yamaha colleague Colin Edwards was just in front of him in eighth.

Colin Edwards - 8th
“It was mixed conditions and that made it tough but it was probably the best conditions because we got some wet set-up time and at the end it was drying out really fast. And even though I was still on the wet tyres when it was dry, we gained a lot of information. I'm pretty happy because in the wet I was sitting in the top five comfortably and as it dried out I was looking good in the first three sections. But in the last section I was losing half-a-second. That was still the wettest section but I could have pushed harder. I felt like I was pushing but when you think you're on the edge you still might have another 15 per cent to go. But it's hard to gauge in those conditions until you're either on top of the charts or in the gravel trap. I think we learned a lot and we made some big progress with the front-end problems I've been having. We've been experimenting with body position to try and help improve the front and it seems to have worked. We're going more in (Jorge) Lorenzo's direction to get a bit more weight on the rear and not overloading the front. So I'm happy and looking for another good result at Donington.”
James Toseland - 12th
“I didn't have much feeling with the bike when it was full wet but it just kept drying out and I knew the bike set-up would suit the conditions better when it was drying up. So I didn't think there was any point in coming if the track conditions were going to get better and I decided to stay out. I did a lot of laps in the mixed conditions in Germany last weekend and that really helped me out a lot today. I just kept improving and improving but unfortunately because I stayed out for the session I ran out of fuel right at the time when the track conditions were the best they had been for the whole hour. I wasn't sure how much time was left but having done 28 laps I knew it was going to be close on the fuel. It's a shame because I slipped down the order a little bit but I'm happy because most of that session I was right in the mix in the top six and it was pretty encouraging. This weekend is very important for me and as always I put my maximum effort into that session to start the weekend off on a positive note and I think I've done that. I've got unbelievable support here already and that makes me determined to get a good result on Sunday.”

Fifth place for cool Lorenzo on day one
Friday, 24 July 2009

Fiat Yamahaâ€s title chasing Spanish youngster Jorge Lorenzo was satisfied with his performance on the first day of the British Grand Prix.

Lorenzo reviews FP1

Jorge Lorenzo was positive about the findings he and his Fiat Yamaha crew made on Friday at Donington when he reviewed a wet-dry first free practice.

Jorge Lorenzo - fifth
“Iâ€m really happy about this practice today because I felt comfortable on the bike and was able to brake quite late in the wet. I was pleased that we had a chance in the drier conditions later, because it showed what we need to work on for tomorrow. I had made a lot of laps in the rain so my tyre was quite worn by that time, when it was more dry, but anyway the times werenâ€t important for me today and Iâ€m just happy about my performance in the wet. We learnt a lot and now we will use this to improve tomorrow.

Pedrosa happy to be on top in FP1
Friday, 24 July 2009

Repsol Honda man tops Donington Park timesheet.

Pedrosa on late FP1 lap

Dani Pedrosa showed that he isnâ€t giving up in the battle for race victories with an early warning for his rivals at Donington Park. The Spaniard was fastest in the Friday practice session for the British Grand Prix, elated by the late lap that took him up to the top spot.

Dani Pedrosa -1st
“It feels great to be on top today and Iâ€m pleased with how we handled a tricky practice session. The conditions were continually changing and so we needed to make the best use of the track time to learn as much as we can. There are a few areas we can improve upon - such as the feeling from the bike when itâ€s really wet - and weâ€ll look at working on the settings for those conditions because the weather doesnâ€t look so stable for the weekend and we could see more rain on Sunday. It nearly dried out fully towards the end of the session but we stayed on wet tyres for the whole time and I think this was useful because you can have this sort of situation in the race. Weâ€re in reasonable shape for the rest of the weekend and I hope I can be in this position at the end of Sunday afternoon.”

Dovizioso satisfied with Friday work in Donington
Friday, 24 July 2009

Repsol Honda man concentrating on Saturday afternoon session after wet run.

Dovizioso on rainy Donington run

Fourth fastest in Friday practice for the British Grand Prix, Andrea Dovizioso assesses his chances of a top grid position for the Sunday race as ‘decent†following the wet session.

“Iâ€m satisfied with the job we did today. Of course we need to tune the set-up and improve the traction in wet conditions, but this was a good way to begin the last British Grand Prix at Donington,” said the Repsol Honda rider, just over half a second down on teammate and fastest Friday man Dani Pedrosa.

The practice started in very wet conditions and I had a good feeling on the bike from the beginning of the session so Iâ€m pleased about that. The track had quite a reasonable level of grip and the pace I could set was good straight away.

“Conditions were changing all the time and in the last part of the session when the track was 90 per cent dry, I couldnâ€t set the fastest lap that I was capable of because I waited for a couple of laps and didnâ€t use the wet tyres to the maximum when they were new,” he reviewed.

Dovizioso had a disastrous qualifying session last time out in Germany, where he could only salvage eleventh on the grid under tricky conditions. The pressure is on the factory rider for race day after three consecutive DNFs, but at the moment his main focus is Saturday afternoon and what he expects to be a positive run.

“Iâ€m confident for tomorrow and I think we have a decent chance of getting a good grid position here,” he declared confidently.

Elías and De Angelis hoping for dry Saturday
Friday, 24 July 2009

Both San Carlo Honda Gresini riders look for improvements after wet-dry Friday run.

Toni Elias and Alex De Angelis were able to test their rain setting on a fully wet circuit at the start of the session following a heavy lunchtime storm but as the track dried it became more and more difficult to find a usefull configuration and tyre combination.

Toni Elias -9th
“In the wet we have to improve in a few areas but Iâ€m sure weâ€ll get plenty of opportunity this weekend to do that and I am convinced we can make massive improvements because the changes we need to make are pretty obvious ones. In the dry the conditions were really difficult. In the end ninth place isnâ€t good or bad, it is normal. Weâ€re not far off but it was tricky today – it was just a case of doing what you could when you were out on track. Hopefully tomorrow it stays dry all day so that we can get plenty of laps in but if it doesnâ€t it will be the same situation for everybody.”
Alex De Angelis -17th
“In the end it was almost completely dry so I decided to come back to my box because there was no useful data to be obtained and weâ€d just have been out there destroying tyres, which is pointless. On my first two runs, which were in fully wet conditions, I was consistently between fifth and eighth place on the time sheets so that is good. We made some changes to the front and rear to try and find more grip because this circuit in particular is slippery when wet. We solved some things on the front but not so much on the rear so thatâ€s what weâ€ll be working on tomorrow if itâ€s wet again. Hopefully it isnâ€t though because I think we all want it to be dry!”

Stoner pleased to get wet track time
Friday, 24 July 2009

Casey Stoner was second fastest on Friday at Donington in mixed conditions as the British Grand Prix got underway.

Stoner on pragmatic FP1

Some typically changeable weather provided a challenge for the MotoGP riders on the opening day of practice for the last ever visit to Donington, with the 2007 and 2008 British Grand Prix winner Casey Stoner dealing well with the wet and wet-dry conditions.

A mixture of sunshine and rain made it tough going on track but Stoner was not distracted as he lapped second quickest overall, just 0.245s behind pacesetter Dani Pedrosa, even though he only put in 17 laps.

“It was good to be able to test the wet setting today because weâ€ve struggled with it a little this year and we need time to work out the best solution,” Stoner commented. “Weâ€re still far from it at the moment but it felt quite good and we have a good base to work from now.”

The Aussie youngster added, “Once we got some laps under our belt in the wet I decided to sit the rest of the session out because even though the track was drying it was very slippery and it would be foolish for us to risk an unnecessary crash on the first day of an important weekend. Hopefully weâ€ll get a couple of sessions in the dry tomorrow and ideally, from our point of view, weâ€d like it to be cool.”

BRITISH GRAND PRIX

MotoGP Free Practice Nr. 1 Classification
Pos. Num. Rider Nation Team Motorcycle Lap time Km/h Gap

1 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'38.627 260.497
2 27 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'38.872 262.399 0.245 Australia2
3 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'38.917 261.002 0.290
4 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'39.069 258.747 0.442
5 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'39.105 261.572 0.478
6 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'39.130 259.744 0.503
7 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Pramac Racing Ducati 1'39.209 261.445 0.582
8 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'39.379 259.058 0.752
9 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'39.755 252.269 1.128
10 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'40.116 254.592 1.489
11 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'40.419 256.836 1.792
12 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'40.522 255.558 1.895
13 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'40.850 258.127 2.223
14 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'41.467 256.836 2.840 Australia2
15 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'41.861 255.134 3.234
16 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'42.210 258.561 3.583
17 88 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'42.696 253.515 4.069
Well we could be in for one hell of a race with the top four on top of the time sheets and less than 400 hundreds of second splitting them so we will now have to wait for a couple of hours to see what qualifying brings.

Pedrosa ups pace to head MotoGP morning session
Saturday, 25 July 2009

Repsol Honda rider remains quickest at Donington Park on Saturday morning.

Dani Pedrosa kept up his pace in Saturday morningâ€s practice session for the British Grand Prix, racking up the fastest MotoGP time for the second successive run-out at Donington Park. The 2006 racewinner at the Midlands circuit was under two-tenths quicker than nearest rival Jorge Lorenzo courtesy of an exceedingly quick late lap.

Lorenzo and Pedrosa engaged in a brief shootout on a dry track, at one point both level at the head of the timesheet with exactly the same time. It took a further lap from Pedrosa to distance the Spanish pair.

A crash three minutes in at Melbourne gave Casey Stoner something to think about early on, but the Ducati Marlboro rider appeared unfazed as he rejoined the action soon after. There was no repeat of the low speed tumble en route to his third place finish on the sessionâ€s results board.

Completing the top quartet of the class†‘big fourâ€, Valentino Rossi was just behind and still under half a second slower than Pedrosa. Colin Edwards, Toni Elías, Andrea Dovizioso, Marco Melandri, Randy de Puniet and Mika Kallio completed the top ten.

BRITISH GRAND PRIX

MotoGP Free Practice Nr. 2 Classification

1 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'28.787 274.630
2 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'28.957 268.944 0.170
3 27 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'29.096 272.203 0.309 Australia2
4 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'29.164 271.313 0.377
5 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'29.641 270.293 0.854
6 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'30.078 270.293 1.291
7 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'30.145 271.040 1.358
8 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'30.210 270.225 1.423
9 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'30.313 267.410 1.526
10 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Pramac Racing Ducati 1'30.329 269.684 1.542
11 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'30.421 271.997 1.634
12 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'30.559 268.476 1.772
13 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'30.638 268.342 1.851
14 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'30.798 269.280 2.011
15 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'30.882 267.013 2.095 Australia2
16 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'31.003 268.275 2.216
17 88 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'31.681 268.609 2.894

Well Qualifying is over and as usual it's the regular suspects at the front end of the grid so lets see what the race brings tomorrow.

One question though what the hell is going on with those dam Suzukis gotta feel sorry for them being down at that end of the field.

So here is the report and results of The Final Qualifying and how they shaped up.

Rossi takes pole for Donington finale
Saturday, 25 July 2009

Italian to start British Grand Prix from head of MotoGP grid for first time since 2005.

Valentino Rossi took pole position number four of the 2009 season on Saturday afternoon with the fastest lap of MotoGP qualifying at Donington Park. The Fiat Yamaha riderâ€s time of 1â€28.116 gave him his first top spot for the British Grand Prix since 2005 –the last occasion in which he won at the Midlands track.

Rossi now has twice as many pole positions as he did for the entire 2008 season and, following his pole position last week in Germany, heads the qualifying timesheet for consecutive races for the first time since the beginning of 2007. His hot lap came at the end of the session in a frantic shootout, in which he sent Dani Pedrosa –the top man in both Free Practice sessions- packing by just under a tenth of a second.

Teammate and title rival Jorge Lorenzo was also hot on the Italianâ€s heels, placing third on the grid and maintaining his 100% record of front row starts in the current campaign. He relegated Ducati Marlboroâ€s Casey Stoner –who lowsided at Macleans for his second fall of the day- to the head of the second line by just 0.044.

Andrea Dovizioso and Colin Edwards join Stoner on row two, riding for Repsol Honda and Monster Tech 3 Yamaha, respectively. Edwards†teammate and the only home rider in the premier class, James Toseland equaled his best qualifying performance of the year with ninth in the session.

In addition to Stonerâ€s fall, Scot Racing rider Gabor Talmacsi also came off his bike during the run-out.

BRITISH GRAND PRIX

MotoGP Qualifying Practice Classification

1 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'28.116 273.515
2 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'28.211 275.895 0.095
3 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'28.402 272.685 0.286
4 27 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'28.446 274.700 0.330 Australia2
5 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'28.778 274.420 0.662
6 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'28.865 273.515 0.749
7 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'29.065 273.446 0.949
8 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'29.175 269.011 1.059
9 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'29.270 272.962 1.154
10 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'29.434 270.293 1.318
11 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Pramac Racing Ducati 1'29.599 274.840 1.483
12 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'29.600 272.754 1.484
13 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'30.098 272.135 1.982 Australia2
14 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'30.153 270.361 2.037
15 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'30.268 270.157 2.152
16 88 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'30.572 271.040 2.456
17 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'31.193 268.208 3.077
Stoner picks up advantage with wet MotoGP warmup top spot
Sunday, 26 July 2009

Ducati Marlboro rider looks in good form following disappointing qualifying.

Casey Stoner was keen on the idea of race day rain following Saturday qualifying, and he received a promising sign in warmup for the British Grand Prix. The Australian waited until midway through the twenty-minute session to show his hand, running fast laps in tricky conditions to take the top spot with a 1â€39.197 lap.

Jorge Lorenzo was behind the Ducati Marlboro man who he took off the front row yesterday, half a second down on Stoner´s time. Andrea Dovizioso and Nicky Hayden –another rider who would be happy with a wet race- were the only other riders to go round in under 1â€40.

Poleman Valentino Rossi was seventh, whilst front row starter Dani Pedrosa could only manage eleventh on his Repsol Honda RC212V.

BRITISH GRAND PRIX

MotoGP Warm Up Classification

1 27 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'39.197 262.144 Australia2
2 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'39.685 265.435 0.488
3 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'39.849 258.375 0.652
4 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'39.895 257.634 0.698
5 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'40.214 258.251 1.017
6 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'40.307 257.326 1.110
7 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'40.474 263.168 1.277
8 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'40.475 257.942 1.278 Australia2
9 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'40.918 259.245 1.721
10 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'40.959 259.682 1.762
11 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'41.110 257.511 1.913
12 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'41.410 257.942 2.213
13 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Pramac Racing Ducati 1'41.719 253.455 2.522
14 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'41.750 251.857 2.553
15 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'41.841 255.255 2.644
16 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'41.904 255.134 2.707
17 88 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'45.821 250.104 6.624
Well Well Well Well what else can we say, I'm a probably a little bit like the rest of everyone else trying to work that race out and what is probably going to be the turning point of this championship.

Lorenzo crashes out, Ducati take a huge gamble with wet tyres which backfires big time and will probably now see Stoner out of the hunt, Rossi has a small off and then manages to climb back to 5th and claim some very valuable points. He is now one full race clear in the championship leading into the break and what a handy margin to have one would have to say.

I will be very interested to see what media reports will come from the MotoGp Paddick in the next few days especially where Ducati in concerned, who will get the arse kicked for that decision but I spose we will never know. Yamaha still haven't offered Lorenzo a ride yet as he is still asking for more money and I would have to say that he didn't do himself any favours coming off as now Yamaha have the ball back in their court. Dovizioso has probably just sealed his contract with HRC with his 1st podium win and what a gutsy win it was, Pedrosa well who knows where he will end up next year as he still hasn't been offered a ride as yet by HRC, I'm guessing he may loose that seat.

Anyway enough dribble from me here is the report and result of the race and no one would have picked this podium that's for sure.

Dovizioso takes first MotoGP victory in eventful Donington swansong
Sunday, 26 July 2009

Repsol Honda rider bests Colin Edwards and Randy de Puniet in British Grand Prix.

Andrea Dovizioso closed the MotoGP stay at Donington Park with a first ever premier class victory, coming out on top in what became a ‘semi flag-to-flag†race. The Repsol Honda rider made sense of the madness that ensued with steady rainfall to earn 25 points and the honour of being the last premier class winner at the Midlands circuit.

The race was one of the most unpredictable of recent years, with twists and turns every step of the way. Besides the maiden triumph there were falls for the top two in the World Championship, a disastrous pre-race decision from a title contender and riders holding on instead of coming in for a bike change.

Dovizioso had been in the chasing group on the opening laps, but was thrust up to the front courtesy of his superior pace and mistakes from his rivals. After battling with World Championship leader Valentino Rossi at the head of the field, the young Italian found himself alone out in front as the more experienced Rossi fell at the Fogarty Esses with eleven laps remaining.

Also benefitting from consistency were podium finishers Colin Edwards and Randy de Puniet, who engaged in an entertaining battle as the chequered flag came closer to being waved. Monster Tech 3 Yamaha man Edwards took second from the LCR Honda rider on the final hairpin, ending the race just under 1.5 seconds behind Dovizioso. For both riders the top three result was their first podium of the 2009 season.

The early going saw uncertainty and instability as rain fell upon the lights going off. Early leader Jorge Lorenzo had been talked out of running wet tyres and took the lead after just a handful of laps, but took a fall when he clipped a slippery rumble strip and was unable to restart his Yamaha M1. The crash had been foreshadowed by a tumble for Toni Elías, the leader of lap one and a faller at the same spot on lap seven.

The Ducati Marlboro team of Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden were the only riders to go with full wet tyres on the grid, although a lack of heavy rainfall and the durability of Bridgestoneâ€s dry tyre meant that they were immediately off the pace. The duo were lapped by the leaders two laps before the halfway point of the race, their gamble definitively failing to pay off.

With eight laps remaining the first riders came in to change machines, but it was too late for the switch to make an impact. Alex de Angelis placed fourth, ahead of the remounted Rossi and home rider James Toseland –with whom he dueled on the last lap. Rossi now leads the World Championship by 25 points from Lorenzo.

BRITISH GRAND PRIX

MotoGP Race Classification
Pos. Points Num. Rider Nation Team Motorcycle Total time Km/h Gap

1 25 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 48'26.267 149.498
2 20 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 48'27.627 149.429 1.360
3 16 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 48'27.867 149.416 1.600
4 13 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 48'35.225 149.039 8.958
5 11 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 48'47.889 148.394 21.622
6 10 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 48'48.732 148.352 22.465
7 9 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 49'01.551 147.705 35.284
8 8 88 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 49'05.036 147.530 38.769
9 7 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 49'08.379 147.363 42.112
10 6 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Pramac Racing Ducati 49'12.112 147.177 45.845
11 5 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 49'19.457 146.812 53.190
12 4 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 49'38.582 145.869 1'12.315
13 3 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 49'46.665 145.474 1'20.398 Australia2
14 2 27 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 49'25.241 141.641 1 Lap Australia2
15 1 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 49'43.835 140.758 1 Lap
Not classified
99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 12'33.642 22 Lap
24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 11'02.391 23 Lap

MotoGP World Championship

Pos. Rider Nation Team Points
1 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 187
2 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team 162
3 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 150 Australia2
4 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team 115
5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 103
6 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team 94
7 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team 79
8 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP 74
9 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 67 Australia2
10 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 66
11 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini 60
12 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 55
13 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team 47
14 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini 47
15 Mika KALLIO FIN Pramac Racing 34
16 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing 28
17 Sete GIBERNAU SPA Grupo Francisco Hernando 12
18 Yuki TAKAHASHI JPN Scot Racing Team MotoGP 9
19 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP 5
what happened to stoner??
Dovizioso win “harder after Rossi crash”
Sunday, 26 July 2009

Italian racewinner relied on series leader for early lines.

Dovizioso delighted with Donington win

A maiden win for Andrea Dovizioso in the premier class could not have come at a better time for the Italian. Following three races without claiming World Championship points, a month in which speculation about his future has been debated and some tough times chasing a first podium as a Repsol Honda rider, the sophomore star gave an assured display when some of the more experienced names in MotoGP fell foul of the Donington Park conditions.

The first new MotoGP racewinner since last yearâ€s Portuguese round (won by persistent 250cc rival Jorge Lorenzo) Dovizioso now has a huge weight lifted from his shoulders. However, whilst he may have looked confident when leading the British Grand Prix, things were still tough for ‘Dovi†on Sunday afternoon.

“This race was very difficult. With these conditions the temperature of the tyres was too low, and the light rainfall for the whole race meant that it was probably the worst scenario for riding on this tyre. We couldnâ€t change the bikes either, so it was really difficult to manage,” said the Honda factory rider after an ecstatic celebration on the podium. He had led the race since lap nineteen, when reigning World Champion Valentino Rossi went in too hot on the Fogarty Esses, but the lack of a close rival actually made the final eleven laps harder for the eventual winner.

“Before Valentino crashed it was easy, because I just followed him; after that I needed to understand the track better,” he explained. “Wearing a light visor also meant that I couldnâ€t see clearly which lines were the driest.At the end Randy (De Puniet) and Colin (Edwards) were riding at 100% and catching me, which was difficult to manage. I think maybe for the last two laps I was pushing so hard that they couldnâ€t risk reaching me.”

And has the win changed Doviziosoâ€s goals for the year? Not exactly. Speaking pragmatically, he declared that “Today wasnâ€t a normal situation, so we still have to understand how we can use all the potential of the package. We still need to find some solutions.”

Stoner and Hayden stand by British GP tyre gamble
Sunday, 26 July 2009

Ducati Marlboro riders pay the price for running wet weather tyres.

What could have been the tactical masterstroke of the season ended up being a gamble that didnâ€t pay off for Ducati Marlboro at Donington. The decision to run wet tyres for the British Grand Prix appeared to make some degree of sense -Casey Stoner had topped the wet morning warmup session and Nicky Hayden had been in good form- although in practice the track was not sufficiently sodden for the move.

"Everybody knows Iâ€ve been struggling for the last few races in the dry so I was praying for the rain to come today,” said Stoner after the race, in which he placed fourteenth and suffered the indignity of being lapped at the track where he had twice won MotoGP rounds. “Every single lap we were out there it threatened to pour down and we were very close to having the perfect situation. Unfortunately, even though it got heavier, it didnâ€t come soon enough and our tyres were destroyed so it ended up being the wrong decision.

“For us, in our current situation, I still think it was a risk worth taking because it could have worked out fantastically but obviously weâ€re disappointed it didnâ€t,” he added, sticking by the choice.

Fifteenth-placed Hayden had less to lose than his teammate, with no title challenge on which to focus. He was slightly less convinced as to whether to run the wet tyre risk, but in the end made the final call –despite having been informed that every other rider on the grid would be on slicks.

“We agreed on it together with the team but it was my shout, I thought ‘letâ€s try and be a hero here!†The tyre was pretty much destroyed after seven or eight laps but there was no point coming in to pit and it came apart five laps from the end. To be honest itâ€s amazing how it held together for that long! I donâ€t want to say it was a mistake; it was just a gamble that didnâ€t pay off and weâ€ll learn from it,” lamented the American.

The brave decision had come after the initial sighting lap, during which both riders had expressed concerns over a lack of grip

Mixed fortunes for Fiat Yamaha duo
Sunday, 26 July 2009

Title chasers Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo had an eventful day at Donington on Sunday, Rossi emerging with the title advantage.

A mixed day for the factory Yamaha team at the British Grand Prix saw Valentino Rossi ride his luck - to pick up his M1 from a midrace crash to come home fifth - and extend his World Championship lead, whilst his title rival and team-mate Jorge Lorenzo spectacularly crashed out of the race lead.

Describing the slippery conditions and how he was able to remount and fight his way through the field to secure fifth place on the last lap as he overtook home rider James Toseland, having earlier led the race for several laps, Rossi said, “Once Jorge had crashed I was riding to win, as is always my style. In hindsight maybe I should have let Andrea Dovizioso pass me for a while but it was difficult to judge in such strange conditions.”

Rossi continued, “Riding in the rain with slick tyres is always a risk and it was quite slippery, the turns on the left were all wet which made the left side of the tyre cold and thatâ€s why I crashed. After that we made a great recovery, I chose to remain with slick tyres despite the rain and the result was eleven points, which are like gold dust for us because we have extended the lead despite what happened here and weâ€re going on holiday with a good advantage over our rivals.”

For Lorenzo, meanwhile, his second DNF of the year was a bitter pill to swallow as he touched the white line in the last corner and went down on lap nine. He stated, “I got a good start and the first few laps went well, I was feeling quite comfortable in the lead. Unfortunately on the final corner of the ninth lap I made a small mistake, got my line wrong and touched the white line and there was nothing I could do; it was very slippery. I was okay and wanted to carry on but my bike was too badly damaged.”

“Of course Iâ€m sad and disappointed but this is racing and these feelings donâ€t help, you just have to learn from a mistake like this and look forwards. Valentino was lucky that he could continue after his crash, but it wasnâ€t our day. I am going to enjoy the break now despite this and take the chance to do plenty of training so we can come back at full strength in Brno.”

Edwards cites feeling out process as key to Donington second place
Sunday, 26 July 2009

New front tyre meant cautious start for eventual British Grand Prix runner-up.

Edwards talks British GP second place

Colin Edwards has seen all kinds of conditions in his long history of racing, but ranks the 2009 British Grand Prix as one of the hardest situations that he has had to manage.

The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider finished runner-up in the tricky Donington Park swansong, overtaking Randy de Puniet on the final corner of the race. All after a slow start from sixth on the grid.

“I wouldnâ€t wish that kind of race on anybody. Have I raced in tougher conditions? Maybe… only when there has been oil on the track or something like that,” said Edwards after his first podium of the 2009 season.

“We put a front tyre on that we hadnâ€t run all weekend and I was just feeling out the conditions. Then everyone just left! I was thinking ‘why are you all in such a hurry?â€â€ laughed the Texas Tornado. “Everything seemed to be ok and I was feeling stable, so I just started to push more and saw that I was passing guys pretty quickly. I though that either I was going way too fast for the conditions or they were all freaking out. I think I judged the conditions alright.”

The wet-dry asphalt on the always treacherous track caught out many of the best names in the business, with Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo both falling down when attempting to eke out an advantage. In hindsight, Edwards strategy of consistency was probably the best one going.

"Itâ€s a fine balance, because you couldnâ€t push to the limit out there. You have to keep at a good pace and just keep ticking it over, or youâ€ll end up in the gravel –which is no big deal, but you donâ€t want to do all that work for nothing,” concluded the American –fifth in the overall standings.

Toselandâ€s diminished sixth makes Donington amends
Sunday, 26 July 2009

Briton signs off at home track with top six finish in tricky conditions.

Last yearâ€s most disappointed man in Donington Park, James Toseland could leave the British circuit somewhat happier on Sunday evening. He wasnâ€t able to take the home victory for which both he and the home fans were hoping, but a joint best result of the year was still a positive takeway for the Monster Tech 3 Yamaha rider.

Toseland was in contention for fifth right up to the chequered flag, but was outdone by factory rider Valentino Rossi on the Fogarty Esses. Reflecting on the race, the 28 year-old said that “With some of the other guys stopping to switch bikes, I made up a few places and was fifth for the final few laps and thinking I was going to get my best ever MotoGP result. That would have been amazing to do that in front of my home crowd, who were absolutely magnificent with their support today.

”At the end Valentino (Rossi) came through so strong on the last lap. He passed me at The Esses but I managed to dive back under him, but he was phenomenal on the brakes at the Melbourne Loop. I wasn't going to try and do anything that might take us both out but it's another sixth place and it definitely makes amends for the big disappointment of last year.”
Hi guys and gals heres the heads up on next years dates if anyone is planning a trip over seas but bare in mind they are only provisional at this stage.

Provisional 2010 calendar
Tuesday, 28 July 2009

A provisional race calendar for the 2010 FIM MotoGP World Championship has been released today.

Provisional 2010 calendar announced by FIM A provisional race calendar for the 2010 FIM MotoGP World Championship has been released today.

The provisional 2010 Grand Prix schedule for the FIM MotoGP World Championship is as follows:

Date - Grand Prix - Circuit:
11 April - Qatar* - Losail
25 April - Japan - Motegi
2 May - Spain - Jerez
16 May - France - Le Mans
30 May - Italy - Mugello
6 June - Great Britain - Silverstone
26 June - Netherlands** - Assen
4 July - Catalunya - Catalunya
18 July - Germany - Sachsenring
25 July - United States*** - Laguna Seca
15 August - Czech Republic - Brno
29 August - Indianapolis - Indianapolis
12 September - San Marino & Riviera di Rimini - Misano
19 September - Hungary - Balatonring
10 October - Malaysia - Sepang
17 October - Australia - Phillip Island Australia2
31 October - Portugal - Estoril
7 November Valencia Ricardo Tormo-Valencia
Trophy

A little disappointing that Casey's wet weather tyre gamble didn't pay off. Hopefully he will bounce back after the summer break.

Attached Files
.jpg   Hayabusa and pipes2.JPG (Size: 46.37 KB / Downloads: 83)
It's back this weekend with the Czech Republic MotoGp at Brno kicking off today with the 1st round of qualifying but there will be one change for the next few weeks no Stoner due to his ongoing Illness which is a shame.

Anyway here's some of the paddick talk.

Brno weekend warms up with press conference
Thursday, 13 August 2009

The Thursday press conference at Brno saw Mika Kallio, Andrea Dovizioso, Valentino Rossi, Loris Capirossi and Gabor Talmacsi preview the weekendâ€s action and Mondayâ€s important test.

Brno Press Conference - Full video

With new regulations restricting the MotoGP riders to five engines for the remaining seven rounds of the season coming into play as of this weekendâ€s Cardion AB Czech Republic Grand Prix and a day of testing set to take place on Monday, bike updates were a running theme in Thursdayâ€s official pre-GP media briefing.

As he has done on numerous occasions previously MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi was the first man to speak, in the first press conference since a short summer break, the Italian stating, “It was a nice break, personally I needed it! I just stayed at home for ten days of holidays and tried to save my energy for the second part of the season.”

Rossi went on to reveal that there will be new material available to him courtesy of Fiat Yamaha this weekend and discussed the new engine rules, saying, “It changes the way we will work on the bike a little bit. Now you have to plan more which bike you use during the practice and you have to take care of the engine, even after the race. It should save money so it is important. In Mondayâ€s test we have some small details to check and we will try to take another step forward with the bike.”

Also in attendance was British Grand Prix racewinner Andrea Dovizioso, who said of his maiden GP win just over two weeks ago, “It was the perfect way to allow us to relax fully at home during the break and we arrive here fully motivated.” Of his own updates from Repsol Honda for the weekend he added, “We have a new swingarm and we will test it throughout the Grand Prix, not just on Monday, if the conditions are right.”

Doviziosoâ€s compatriot Loris Capirossi of the Rizla Suzuki team was on the podium at Brno last year and he too has some machine updates as he looks to rectify his 2009 form. The veteran Italian stated, “We have a new engine to use this weekend and Iâ€m sure it will help a lot. We know we have to improve in the second part of the season and we will test many new parts on Monday and maybe we can test a new chassis this weekend. Suzuki are working really hard to help us bridge the gap.”

For Mika Kallio this weekend gives him the chance to try riding a factory bike in the Ducati Marlboro team as a temporary replacement for Casey Stoner and the Finn commented simply, “I just want to say thanks to Ducati and to my regular team Pramac Racing, in particular Paolo Campinoti, for giving me this opportunity. I hope that Casey is better after these three races but obviously this is a great chance for me.”

Concluding the press conference Hungarian rider Gabor Talmacsi of the Scot Racing Team took to the microphone, acknowledging the amazing support he always receives at Brno and the special feeling he will have during his first Grand Prix at the circuit as a MotoGP rider. He revealed, “My country is so near and people love motorsport there so I expect 40,000 or 50,000 fans to come over, which is great for the championship. I am very proud when I see them all here so I have to say thanks already to all my fans!”

Suppo explains missing Stoner situation
Thursday, 13 August 2009

Ducati boss Livio Suppo spoke to motogp.com on Thursday at Brno to explain the thinking behind giving Casey Stoner a three-race break to recover from illness.

Suppo comments on Stonerâ€s condition

With the 2007 MotoGP World Champion Casey Stoner being given a three-race break to recover from the fatigue-inducing illness from which he is suffering the Ducati MotoGP Project Leader Livio Suppo explained the situation to motogp.com ahead of the Cardion AB Czech Republic Grand Prix.

When Stoner stayed on in California for a series of medical tests after the Laguna Seca race doctors were unable to provide a clear picture of his health problems, with his body showing signs of ‘slight gastritis and mild anaemiaâ€. But when the symptoms continued after Stoner returned to Australia during the ‘summer†break it was decided that a period of complete rest would be required.

Stoner is still undergoing tests and will not be back on his bike before the Portuguese Grand Prix at the beginning of October, with Mika Kallio being brought in from Ducati satellite team Pramac Racing to ride the now spare factory Desmosedici.

Suppo stated, “Of course it has been a very difficult decision to take. When Casey got back to Australia he was getting very tired with whatever he did, even riding a horse or anything like that. So the Australian doctors suggested stopping, because if he canâ€t do anything it means there is definitely something wrong.”

He continued, “Unfortunately we still have to understand exactly what it is. It is not the first time and it wonâ€t be the last time that it takes a while to understand why somebody is sick. Casey is a sportsman, leading the Ducati factory team and fighting for the World Championship so it makes it more difficult for him. We believe and the doctors believe that these two months will be enough to understand the problem and for Caseyâ€s body to recover.”

On the selection of Kallio as Stonerâ€s temporary replacement, Suppo added, “I personally thought immediately, if Casey is not here then Mika is the right one to put in there, because he is already used to a bike that is very similar to ours and because he is doing pretty well. He has been unlucky but he has been fast, so Iâ€m pretty sure that Mika and Nicky (Hayden) will do a good job in these next three races.”

Stoner out of action for three races, Kallio to join Hayden in Ducati Marlboro team
Monday, 10 August 2009

Casey Stoner will not take part in the next three Grands Prix, and will next return to action at the beginning of October for the Grand Prix of Portugal.

The Australian has suffered physical problems since the Catalunya GP, which have caused him severe fatigue during the last five races. Stoner took this difficult decision after having consulted with sports doctors who have looked after him for many years back home in Australia. At this challenging time, he has the full support of the team and the whole of Ducati who together with Stoner have enjoyed racing at the top of the sport for the last three seasons.

Mika Kallio will join Nicky Hayden in the Ducati Marlboro Team for the next three races, thanks to the great spirit of collaboration between Ducati and the satellite team owned by Paolo Campinoti. Kallio is in his debut season in MotoGP and has already proved to be very competitive on the GP9. For the Brno race, his place in the Pramac Team will be taken by Michel Fabrizio.

CASEY STONER, Ducati Marlboro Team (3rd in the championship on 150 points)
“After five extremely difficult races due to my health, I returned to Australia to visit the sports doctors who have looked after me for many years. We have taken the difficult decision not to contest the next three rounds of the championship, to allow my body time to recover from the recent stress. The doctors believe that during the Barcelona race I was suffering from a virus, and, that I subsequently pushed my body too hard, leading to problems that have caused my fatigue since then. The doctors are continuing with many tests to try to understand these problems and make sure it does not happen again. I have spoken with Ducati and thank them for their understanding at this time. I feel very sorry for the factory, my team, my sponsors and the fans and I am also disappointed because the bike in the last races has been very competitive. I will be doing everything possible to come back at full strength for Portugal.

NICKY HAYDEN, Ducati Marlboro Team (13th in the championship on 47 points)
“Last season I was unable to race at Brno because I was injured, but itâ€s a great track which was completely resurfaced last year so I expect it will be much better in terms of the lumps and bumps. At least this year I will find out, having spent the break at home in Kentucky preparing myself for the second half of the year, and not taking part in things like the “X Games”! I canâ€t wait to get back on track and score some results which will make my team happy. I hope Casey can get better over the next few weeks because we all know how quick he is when he is fit. In the meantime I need to try to make progress with the team and try to make sure that they donâ€t miss him too much.”

MIKA KALLIO, (15th in the championship on 34 points)
“When I took the call I could hardly believe it, but then I talked to my manager and I realised it was true. I am proud to be racing the next three events with the Ducati Marlboro Team. Obviously Iâ€m not expecting to suddenly be a second quicker, because our bikes are very similar to the official machines, but I hope to be able to pick up some good results for the team. I would particularly like to thank Paolo Campinoti, who has allowed me to enjoy this incredible opportunity. It will be a real honour for me. Nonetheless I would like to send my best wishes to Casey, and I hope to see him back out on track as soon as possible.”

LIVIO SUPPO, MotoGP Project Director
“Itâ€s obviously difficult for us to contemplate the next three races without Casey, but itâ€s clear that the most important thing at this time is his health. Since his debut with us in Qatar in 2007, Casey has won 18 times as well as taking countless podium finishes, becoming one of the top riders in the World Championship in the process. We have already overcome tough times together, like when he had to undergo surgery on his scaphoid towards the end of last season. We are united whether in times of success or in times of difficulty. We are confident that the doctors will help solve the issues that have affected him since early June and that Casey will be able to take part in the last races of the year in peak fitness. Then we can prepare for 2010 in the best way possible. A big thank you to Paolo Campinoti who as always has proved to be a great supporter and an ideal partner for Ducati, allowing Mika to ride with the Ducati Marlboro Team for the next three races. Mika is having a really positive debut year in MotoGP and we are delighted that he will be alongside Nicky in the official works team. In his place at Brno in the Pramac Team will be Michel Fabrizio, who I am certain will know how to give the right kind of performance on one of his preferred tracks.”
Lorenzo on the pace as MotoGP returns to action
Friday, 14 August 2009

Spanish star Jorge Lorenzo was the quickest rider on Friday at Brno as MotoGP returned following the summer break.

Brno 2009 - MotoGP FP1 Highlights

As the Cardion ab Czech Republic Grand Prix got underway it was Fiat Yamahaâ€s Jorge Lorenzo who lapped the historic Brno circuit fastest on Friday afternoon, enjoying the warm, clear conditions on his factory M1 as he went round in a best time of 1â€56.595.

The young Spaniard has a good record at Brno from his time in the smaller World Championship classes and he will aim to keep up his good Friday pace as the weekend progresses and maintain the pressure on standings leader and MotoGP title-holder Valentino Rossi, who was second fastest in this session by a 0.4s margin.

Riding at close to 100% fitness at present, something which has far too infrequently been the case over the last year, Dani Pedrosa will be aiming to at least get on the podium in the Czech Republic and he started the weekend in third place with a best time of 1â€57.584, around a second behind Lorenzo.

The in-form Colin Edwards picked up where he left off before the summer break, in good shape in fourth, taking his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 machine around less than two tenths off Pedrosaâ€s pace.

Pedrosaâ€s Italian team-mate Andrea Dovizioso – who scored his maiden MotoGP win before the break at Donington Park - was fifth fastest on his factory Repsol Honda RC212V, albeit a second and a half behind former 250cc rival Lorenzo.

San Carlo Honda Gresiniâ€s Spanish rider Toni Elías, who finished second in last yearâ€s Czech MotoGP contest, was just behind Dovizioso, to make it three Hondas and three Yamahas in the top six.

The top performing Ducati rider on track was the impressive rookie Mika Kallio, who made use of his temporary factory Desmosedici GP9 ride to lap seventh fastest.

Crasher Alex de Angelis (San Carlo Honda Gresini) and Italians Loris Capirossi (Rizla Suzuki) and Marco Melandri (Hayate Racing) completed the FP1 top ten.

CARDION AB GRAND PRIX CESKE REPUBLIKY

MotoGP Free Practice Nr. 1 Classification

1 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'56.595 294.599
2 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'56.994 293.000 0.399
3 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'57.584 297.684 0.989
4 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'57.741 290.556 1.146
5 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'58.172 294.037 1.577
6 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'58.295 288.847 1.700
7 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'58.302 296.296 1.707
8 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'58.497 289.699 1.902
9 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'58.582 294.599 1.987
10 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'58.739 292.682 2.144
11 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'58.764 290.556 2.169
12 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'58.821 291.183 2.226
13 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'59.041 290.010 2.446 Australia2
14 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'59.055 290.791 2.460
15 88 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'59.531 289.855 2.936
16 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'59.979 292.365 3.384
17 84 Michel FABRIZIO ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 2'00.423 292.762 3.828

HRC announce Pedrosa and Dovizioso renewals for two more years
Friday, 14 August 2009

In a press conference at Brno on Friday HRC President Tetsuo Suzuki announced that Honda will retain the services of Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso.

The profile of the MotoGP grid for 2010 became clearer on Friday in the Czech Republic as HRC President Tetsuo Suzuki announced the continuation of Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso for two more years.

Mr. Suzuki confirmed that the two Repsol Honda riders will sign extensions to their contracts for the next two seasons.

The HRC President stated, “I'm very pleased to announce that we reached a basic agreement with Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso. Making this announcement now, in August, earlier than we usually do, will allow the riders to focus on the seven remaining races and also allows HRC to focus on the preparation for next season as early as possible.”

“Dani and Andrea are two young riders, theyâ€re in good condition and are motivated. Weâ€re convinced they can get good results in the second half of the season and next year. Both riders have been performing well with Honda since early in their career, winning races in the 125cc class, so we want to develop a competitive machine for two riders with a big potential.”

He continued, “We spoke with Lorenzo, but we eventually concluded that Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso would be the best line-up for us and there are no plans to provide another bike to Lorenzo.”

Meanwhile, the President also acknowledged that negotiations with Repsol to continue as the teamâ€s main sponsor have reached an advanced stage, although a final agreement has still to be signed.

There were no announcements with regard to the Honda satellite teams†2010 line-ups as the confirmation of names for next year cannot be made until the respective deals are finalised. However, Suzuki reiterated HRCâ€s support for the recruitment of Marco Simoncelli for next year by the San Carlo Honda Gresini team.
Lorenzo stays on top ahead of qualifying
Saturday, 15 August 2009

MotoGP title-chaser Jorge Lorenzo was on the pace again in FP2 at Brno.

Best images of MotoGP FP2 in Brno

The Saturday morning MotoGP outing in pleasant conditions at the historic Brno circuit in the Czech Republic saw Jorge Lorenzo keep up his good form from Friday as he lapped in a superb time of 1â€56.331s to state his intentions to his rivals.

The Spanish star is looking to bounce back from a Donington DNF having crashed out in the UK and he appears to be in good shape at Brno, as he seeks to cut Valentino Rossiâ€s 25 point championship advantage this weekend, with seven races remaining, including tomorrowâ€s Czech contest.

Lapping the 5.4km track with his own best time of 1â€56.787 Rossi was the third quickest participant in this session, whilst another strong podium candidate Dani Pedrosa was sandwiched by the Fiat Yamaha pair in second place, with a lap just over a tenth of a second down on Lorenzoâ€s best.

As he was on Friday afternoon Monster Yamaha Tech 3â€s Colin Edwards was fourth fastest, joined by fellow veteran Loris Capirossi of the Rizla Suzuki team in the top five, Capirossi lapping around a second off Lorenzo and Edwards seven tenths down on the Spaniardâ€s pace.

The top ten also featured Toni Elías (San Carlo Honda Gresini), Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda), Mika Kallio (Ducati Marlboro), Alex de Angelis (San Carlo Honda Gresini) and Nicky Hayden (Ducati Marlboro).

MotoGP qualifying at the Cardion ab Czech Republic Grand Prix takes place at 1.55pm local time and can be followed live here on motogp.com.

MotoGP Free Practice Nr. 2 Classification

1 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'56.331 298.013
2 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'56.462 302.605 0.131
3 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'56.787 298.837 0.456
4 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'57.058 294.518 0.727
5 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'57.384 297.356 1.053
6 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'57.495 295.162 1.164
7 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'58.008 297.602 1.677
8 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'58.060 299.168 1.729
9 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'58.111 294.599 1.780
10 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'58.252 294.438 1.921
11 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'58.368 295.485 2.037
12 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'58.413 293.159 2.082
13 88 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'58.518 292.603 2.187
14 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'58.551 292.445 2.220 Australia2
15 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'58.567 294.117 2.236
16 84 Michel FABRIZIO ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'59.457 295.081 3.126
17 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'59.645 295.485 3.314

Rossi on pole in Czech Republic despite crash
Saturday, 15 August 2009

A rare qualifying crash for the MotoGP World Champion at Brno did not prevent him from securing pole position for Sundayâ€s eleventh race of the 2009 season.

Valentino Rossi crash during QP in Brno

Valentino Rossi survived a late crash during qualifying at the Cardian ab Czech Republic Grand Prix to take his fifth pole position of the season, in clear and sunny conditions at the undulating Brno track.

At one of his favourite venues on the calendar Rossi took his Yamaha M1 round the circuit in 1â€56.145 on the 21st of his 23 laps after a battle for supremacy with his team-mate and closest World Championship rival Jorge Lorenzo – who trails him by 25 points in the standings and was 0.05s behind the Italian in this session.

Lorenzo has looked good throughout the weekend and will be confident of pushing Rossi hard in Sundayâ€s race. Perhaps the Spaniard will take heart from Rossiâ€s late crash as he keeps the pressure on from the other side of the Fiat Yamaha pit-box.

In the absence of Casey Stoner, Dani Pedrosa could be the biggest threat to Rossi and Lorenzo, with the talented Repsol Honda rider having qualified in third place, just under four tenths down on Rossi.

Toni Elías, meanwhile, reacted well to the news that he will not be riding for the San Carlo Honda Gresini team next year, placing himself at the front of the second row on his RC212V.

With Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3), Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda) and Alex de Angelis (San Carlo Honda Gresini) qualifying in fifth to seventh respectively the top seven was dominated by Yamaha and Honda.

De Angelis will be joined on the third row by Ducatiâ€s Nicky Hayden and Suzukiâ€s Loris Capirossi, who survived a scary moment to qualify ninth. There was a crash for temporary factory Ducati stand-in Mika Kallio who placed tenth, whilst Randy de Puniet ran off track at one stage and qualified 13th.

MotoGP Qualifying Practice Classification

1 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'56.145 296.296
2 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'56.195 296.948 0.050
3 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'56.528 301.760 0.383
4 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'56.817 295.566 0.672
5 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'56.954 293.398 0.809
6 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'57.108 296.377 0.963
7 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'57.775 296.703 1.630
8 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'57.803 294.759 1.658
9 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'57.811 299.417 1.666
10 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'57.994 298.095 1.849
11 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'58.087 293.558 1.942 Australia2
12 88 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'58.208 294.438 2.063
13 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'58.298 294.438 2.153
14 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'58.331 293.159 2.186
15 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'58.477 295.890 2.332
16 84 Michel FABRIZIO ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'58.680 295.485 2.535
17 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'58.749 295.890 2.604

Rossi explains crash after taking pole
Saturday, 15 August 2009

The Fiat Yamaha reactions to an incident packed but ultimately successful qualifying session in the Czech Republic.

Valentino Rossi became the first rider since the introduction of the single-tyre supplier rule to dip under an existing pole position record in the Czech Republic on Saturday, taking his third consecutive pole position despite sliding off into the gravel trap with just a few minutes remaining.

Rossiâ€s Fiat Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo qualified second in Brno, continuing his 100% front-row qualifying record for the season.

Valentino Rossi – pole
“Pole position is great, but the most important thing is that Iâ€m okay after the crash. I have a bit of pain in my right thumb but thatâ€s all, so I think Iâ€ve been quite lucky. Iâ€ll get it checked out at the Clinica Mobile later but I donâ€t think itâ€s anything bad. This weekend only one of the front tyres is working well for us, which means we only have four for the weekend, so weâ€re putting quite a lot of stress on just a few tyres. I arrived to brake very deep and just lost the front, it was unlucky. Anyway, we did a great job in the session and being on pole again is important. We have a good race pace and I think itâ€s possible to be competitive tomorrow.”

Jorge Lorenzo – 2nd
“This morning we tried the softer Bridgestone tyre but I didnâ€t feel so good on it. This afternoon we gave it another chance but again it didnâ€t seem to work so well, so we decided to just concentrate on the harder tyre. I had a very strong pace and like yesterday I felt very comfortable on the bike, but I couldnâ€t quite get the pole position today. Being on the front row is always important though and weâ€ve reached this target; we know that weâ€re very fast. Everyone is excited and motivated as usual and weâ€re confident that we have the race set-up to allow us to challenge tomorrow.”
Lorenzo close to qualifying pace in Brno warm up
Sunday, 16 August 2009

Spanish star Jorge Lorenzo was more than 0.4s faster than Valentino Rossi in the Czech morning run.

Fiat Yamahaâ€s Jorge Lorenzo showed his rapid pace again in the MotoGP warm up at the Cardion ab Czech Republic Grand Prix as he lapped one tenth of a second off his own qualifying time from Saturday and was 0.415s ahead of Valentino Rossi, who was second fastest and starts from pole this afternoon.

The third quickest participant in the session, Dani Pedrosa, was nearly a second down on Lorenzoâ€s pace and will have his work cut out from third on the grid if he is to stay with the Yamaha factory pair in the race.

Colin Edwards and Toni Elías, who both start on the second row, were fourth and fifth respectively having also looked good on Saturday, whilst British Grand Prix winner and fellow row two starter Andrea Dovizioso was tenth in the session.

MotoGP Warm Up Classification

1 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'56.299 296.540
2 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'56.714 295.566 0.415
3 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'57.208 301.255 0.909
4 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'57.340 292.524 1.041
5 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'57.417 295.809 1.118
6 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'57.697 294.518 1.398
7 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'57.711 297.602 1.412
8 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'57.946 295.809 1.647
9 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'57.967 295.162 1.668
10 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'58.019 295.001 1.720
11 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'58.158 296.866 1.859
12 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'58.425 292.762 2.126
13 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'58.591 298.589 2.292
14 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'58.888 291.419 2.589 Australia2
15 88 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'58.938 295.728 2.639
16 84 Michel FABRIZIO ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'59.780 297.111 3.481
17 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'59.854 295.485 3.555
Rossi strikes again at Brno as Lorenzo cracks under pressure
Sunday, 16 August 2009

Valentino Rossi opened up a 50 point advantage in the MotoGP World Championship as Jorge Lorenzo crashed out in Brno when battling for the race lead with the Italian star.

Brno 2009 - MotoGP Race Highlights

Valentino Rossi got the best of his Fiat Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo again at the Cardion AB Czech Republic Grand Prix on Sunday with the young Spaniard crashing out with five laps to go, as the pair battled for the race lead, handing Rossi a 50 point title advantage with six races to go.

In front of a crowd of nearly 140,000 fans the Fiat Yamaha duo had built up a ten second lead over the rest of the field but with Lorenzo desperate for points after his Donington DNF the 22 year-old from Mallorca pushed too hard again and slid out, with Rossi eventually finishing more than 11 seconds ahead of second placed Dani Pedrosa.

Behind Pedrosa, two more Honda riders, Toni Elías and Andrea Dovizioso, dueled for the final podium slot, with San Carlo Honda Gresini rider Elías just outdoing Repsol Hondaâ€s Dovizioso. Repeating his 2008 Brno podium was a perfect reaction from Elías as he learned he has lost his Gresini ride for next year.

Just over a tenth of a second behind his compatriot Dovizioso there was a morale-boosting result for Loris Capirossi in fifth place for the Rizla Suzuki team. Nicky Hayden, meanwhile, bolstered his confidence in sixth, from eighth on the grid.

Haydenâ€s countryman Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) will be disappointed to have ended up seventh after qualifying fifth and both Americans will be looking for top five results at the next round in Indianapolis.

The Brno top ten was completed by Alex de Angelis (San Carlo Honda Gresini), James Toseland (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) and Randy de Puniet (LCR Honda).

Mika Kallio and Marco Melandri were left bickering in the gravel after the pair crashed out when Kallio braked too late on the penultimate lap and both riders hit the deck.

MotoGP Race Classification
Pos. Points Num. Rider Nation Team Motorcycle Total time Km/h Gap

1 25 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 43'08.991 165.283
2 20 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 43'20.757 164.535 11.766
3 16 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 43'29.747 163.968 20.756
4 13 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 43'30.409 163.927 21.418
5 11 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 43'30.529 163.919 21.538
6 10 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 43'34.535 163.668 25.544
7 9 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 43'34.667 163.660 25.676
8 8 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 43'43.100 163.134 34.109
9 7 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 43'44.608 163.040 35.617
10 6 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 43'48.815 162.779 39.824
11 5 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 43'49.767 162.720 40.776 Australia2
12 4 88 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 43'59.652 162.111 50.661
13 3 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 44'08.179 161.589 59.188

Not classified
36 Mika KALLIO FIN Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 39'38.278 2 Lap
33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 39'38.518 2 Lap
99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 33'15.284 5 Lap
84 Michel FABRIZIO ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 12'13.902 16 Lap

Rossi reviews another successful weekend
Sunday, 16 August 2009

After another Grand Prix which decidedly swung things in his favour Valentino Rossi was in a typically upbeat mood at the conclusion of the Brno race.

Taking a 50-point lead into the final phase of the season, with six races to go at some of his favourite tracks, MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi is on course for yet another World title courtesy of his Czech Republic success.

Although Rossi started on pole the practice performances of his team-mate and closest championship rival Jorge Lorenzo suggested the pair would be set for another head-to-head duel at the front of the race. That proved to be the case but Rossi got the better of the young Spaniard again in front of the huge Czech crowd as Lorenzo overtook him towards the end of the race only to hit the ground with five laps to run.

Afterwards Rossi stated humbly, “First of all I have to say thanks to all my team because this weekend we did a great job from Friday. During the practice we were struggling a little bit with front feeling and we were quite fast but not enough. After todayâ€s warm up we made another small modification which gave me a better feeling with the front tyre.”

The Italian star continued, “I knew that today would be tough because Jorge had gone with a fantastic pace in the practices. So I tried to make the perfect race, great start, stay at the front and push like a devil! I was making it hard work for him and then when he overtook me with six laps to go I was ready for battle and to put on a good show.”

“On turn three he lost the front and it is very bad for Jorge, it is a pity, but it is good for us as we now have a 50-point lead. There is still a long way to the end of the season but we have a good advantage, so we have to keep pushing and stay focused.”
rossi crushes another one! after seeing that race i reckon lorenzo may soon be standing in the corner with biaggi and gibernau. obviously a very talented rider but if hes going to push vale then he either needs to know when to back off or eventually hes going to get hurt. did anyone watch it on the new one sport channel? thay had iom tt on before the gp- after watching all those mad feckers going around the island, motogp looks pretty tame in comparison. one of the front runners (mcguinness i think) was jumping his bike so hard off one of the bridges he was decking out the fairing!! unreal to watch.
Ludicrous speed- go!