"Sydney Chat Thread, all Welcome"
(23-07-2009, 05:58pm)Madmax Wrote:
(21-07-2009, 08:58am)pan Wrote:
(21-07-2009, 08:34am)Gaz57 Wrote: Hi Pan,
The Ohlins front forks I told you about are on ebay now.Drool
Gaz

Thanks Gaz. I guy on RATS pointed them out to me. I can't really justify that kind of money on them though considering you could get an 08 front end with radial brakes and re do springs, etc...

Will an '08 front end fit straight on the gen 1 will it pan??

Yep. That's what I've been told...
[/quote]
Yep. That's what I've been told...
[/quote]
Your often told arn't you Pan

Yep I think so but you would have to use the lot, wheel, brakes & disc etc to keep it safe
Ask someone who has done it, "throat clearing sound", yes it fits Max.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
(24-07-2009, 12:55pm)Gnarbunkle99 Wrote: Ask someone who has done it, "throat clearing sound", yes it fits Max.

I must ask, Has anyone actually done it yet please?
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Yes Max Garbs has a gen 2 complete front end fitted to his gen 1 and it is a bolt in conversion.

Check out ebay Canada for the best pricing you will need the complete front including wheel and guard.
The gen2 front end is lighter, front wheel axle etc is less agricultural in design, anchors have more bite than the gen1.
"par excellence"
(24-07-2009, 09:54pm)Gnarbunkle99 Wrote: The gen2 front end is lighter, front wheel axle etc is less agricultural in design, anchors have more bite than the gen1.

Chris hows the new bodywork going, when can I expect my stuff back mate.
(24-07-2009, 09:54pm)Gnarbunkle99 Wrote: The gen2 front end is lighter, front wheel axle etc is less agricultural in design, anchors have more bite than the gen1.

My brakes are like two bits of wood clamping onto the disks, Gen one brakes are rooted.

How much are we talking to do a complete conversion do you think?

(24-07-2009, 09:56pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote:

Chris hows the new bodywork going, when can I expect my stuff back mate.

Anytime you want Bruce, if you like I can drop it off after dark tomorrow night?
"par excellence"
(24-07-2009, 09:56pm)Cronix Wrote:
My brakes are like two bits of wood clamping onto the disks, Gen one brakes are rooted.
This would be the cheapest way, but then I would freshen up the gen1 motor & slip it in here
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SUSUKI-08-09-HAYA...4147931110&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
I,d pull the front end off it and flog the rest off and hope you end up with more in your pocket than just buying the front end.Isnt the lower triple clamp a different diameter to a gen 1 fork tube?you could then sell big jay the rear wheel and everyone will be happy.Very Happy With the galespeeds they are a modular wheel so im pretty sure you could buy just the rotor carriers to suit this conversion.
All this buying, stripping, flogging the rest, too hard.
"par excellence"
(24-07-2009, 09:56pm)Cronix Wrote:

It's difficult to put price on it Cron. Depends on how lucky you are. You can probably/maybe get a complete 08 front end for $1000 and DIY...

If you have a bit more $$$ and want to get super great brakes for the Gen 1, then send a PM to Kawasuki... he's got the bees knees gear to make you bike stop fast!
I agree the gen2 is better but in no way is it quality stuff, if you want the best you gotta look further.
"par excellence"
(28-07-2009, 07:24am)Gnarbunkle99 Wrote: All this buying, stripping, flogging the rest, too hard.
Yep you gotta be in the mood to do it also, Undecided

Ping Loafie you gotta come up for air you know Lol2