"Sydney Chat Thread, all Welcome"
(07-07-2009, 01:47pm)king 62 Wrote:
(07-07-2009, 01:37pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Hey dude

Yes, the tops of your hands do get cold, but the palms are so toasty warm that you can survive. Apparently there is a new kind of glove (I've only heard of it), that is a summer glove on the palm side, so you get all the feel of a summer glove, but is thickly padded on the outside so you stay warm. Sounds good, but I must admit my soft summer gloves are FINE with the grip warmers, even on a minus eight morning. Every day for the last week or so has been minus something in the mornings, and I've been FINE. I can't talk these things up highly enough, I'm a born again when it comes to the grip warmers.

thahks heidi,those gloves i was talking about are heated all around the glove .and the batterys are in the gloves,i think you get 10 hours out of a battery before recharchingPi_thumbsup

King, if your getting some heated gloves could you give me a call before you order please. I'm looking at some in the US & maybe we can share the freight. They are talking $139 for gloves & $150 Freight.
You can get me on 0418 841783.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(07-07-2009, 03:26pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: [quote='king 62' pid='181560' dateline='1246938467']
[quote='Heidi1' pid='181558' dateline='1246937833']
the freight. They are talking $139 for gloves & $150 Freight.

$150 for freight sounds very expensive!
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
It does! I'd be asking them for another quote on shipping!
(07-07-2009, 02:46pm)pan Wrote: Heated grips? You think I should get them on a track bike?

No.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
I'mm so embarassed, for the first time this morning I bailed and took the $50 car to work. I don't know why today specifically, this morning it was .4 of a degree! That's positively BIKINI weather in this town!

Today I just couldn't do it and now I'm embarassed. The entire library has come to point and make fun of me. They can bugger off.
(07-07-2009, 03:26pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:
(07-07-2009, 01:47pm)king 62 Wrote:
(07-07-2009, 01:37pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Hey dude
Yes, the tops of your hands do get cold, but the palms are so toasty warm that you can survive. Apparently there is a new kind of glove (I've only heard of it), that is a summer glove on the palm side, so you get all the feel of a summer glove, but is thickly padded on the outside so you stay warm. Sounds good, but I must admit my soft summer gloves are FINE with the grip warmers, even on a minus eight morning. Every day for the last week or so has been minus something in the mornings, and I've been FINE. I can't talk these things up highly enough, I'm a born again when it comes to the grip warmers.
thahks heidi,those gloves i was talking about are heated all around the glove .and the batterys are in the gloves,i think you get 10 hours out of a battery before recharchingPi_thumbsup

King, if your getting some heated gloves could you give me a call before you order please. I'm looking at some in the US & maybe we can share the freight. They are talking $139 for gloves & $150 Freight.
You can get me on 0418 841783.

Greeny
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OXFORD-He...2c4fe385b2&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1171
Greeny the shipping is about 15us out on this lonk, I think mine was just under $100 aus delivered all up

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OXFORD-He...C72%3A1171
Just make sure you specify the 240volt ac type.
"par excellence"
(08-07-2009, 02:25pm)Gnarbunkle99 Wrote: Just make sure you specify the 240volt ac type.

& a long extenion lead Lol2
$98 delivered Pi_thumbsup
Yep if you get the US ones you need a transformer.
"par excellence"
JUST GET THE HEATED GRIPS, THEY ROCK! What if you are on a really long ride and the batteries go flat? What if the extension cord can't reach? How do you recharge them? Do you need to take a charger with you on a trip?
(08-07-2009, 08:38pm)Heidi1 Wrote: JUST GET THE HEATED GRIPS, THEY ROCK! What if you are on a really long ride and the batteries go flat? What if the extension cord can't reach? How do you recharge them? Do you need to take a charger with you on a trip?

Here we are, 1 week away from this thread's 3rd birthday, and we've resorted to chatting about heated grips again... Embarassed

What's next?Oh, I know...!

Is it okay to wash our bikes with Mr. Sheen? Pi_tongue
I'm a huge fan of the always popular, 'what oil should I use?' Heaps more fun than 'do TREs really make a difference', which can get repetitive at times.

I'm playing on my flatmate's internet connection, I'm going back for a look at what bullshit we were talking at the start.
(08-07-2009, 08:38pm)Heidi1 Wrote: JUST GET THE HEATED GRIPS, THEY ROCK! What if you are on a really long ride and the batteries go flat? What if the extension cord can't reach? How do you recharge them? Do you need to take a charger with you on a trip?

This battery powered revolution relies largely on Lithium battery chemistry, best energy density by far to give hitherto unrealised battery life to what otherwise would have been an extension lead job. Yes you will need a charger.
"par excellence"
Heidi has THE package turned up yet Coolrasta
YES SIMMO!! The *cough* PACKAGE arrived this morning! Coolsmiley

Once it had gone through the x-ray machine at work three times I was allowed to pick it up. They weren't worried it was a bomb, they were just taking bets on what it MIGHT be.

Thanks heaps for getting it here, and Big Kev for the EXCELLENT bubblewrap action!