BT015 Bridgestone OEM K8
Rev004 Wrote:I must admit that I have always been a Michelin man and swore by them as a tyre, but since getting the busa the Bridgetsone 015 I'm very impressed. I like the grip that the tyre offers from a cold start and they hang on great for what I do, however I would prefer a softer front so I will be trying the 016 on the front next time around and sticking with the 015 on the rear.
Rev I ended up putting a 015 back on the front, the front end is where you really need the grip, now I'm running the michelin race on the rear man thats a real sticky tyre great for the drags also, I don't know if you can still get then any more the boys on the track days were wearing then out in one day Pi_freak
i haven't done much work on my tyres yet because the bike is only two weeks old but i live near the southern highlands which as anyone from around sydney probably knows has lots of corners and i reckon they're great. also did some "speed experiments" within the limit of reasonable running in and no worries there either. i did have pirelli corsas on my old fzr1000 and while they were generally good i never fully trusted them in the wet after a couple of unexpected slides so it would be even worse on a busa. there are different compounds available but i can't remember what mine were now.
yeah yeah 6500 kms Im happy with that.
(21-02-2009, 10:26pm)BUSGO Wrote: Well my second BT015R shredded itself on the Hume Hwy near Goulbourn today. It looked fine this morning and by lunch time it was down to canvas in the centre. (350ks non stop)
Going that fast no wonder it shreddedPolice
(21-02-2009, 10:26pm)BUSGO Wrote: Well my second BT015R shredded itself on the Hume Hwy near Goulbourn today. It looked fine this morning and by lunch time it was down to canvas in the centre. (350ks non stop)
I got 11,000 out of the first one and 9,000 out of the second, but for the first 2 months that I owned the bike, it rained almost continuously so that may account for the extra ks from the 1st one.
The BT015s have never put a foot wrong for me but I was forced to put a Pilot Power PC2 on the rear as a replacement because I had no other option.

Whats your secret Busgo, what pressure you running ???

Just put the K9 up on the hoist & shit when I seen the tyre Scary Just hit 4k & it's on the TWI already

Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
Some of us ride on a set of tyres until it doesnt turn how we like anymore or we get a few cold slides and ditch them.To look at they may look quite ok but if confidence is gone,there coming off in my book.Some of us refuse to remove a tyre until the canvass is showing regardless of the drop in their performance so we can say we got x amount of ks out of a $300+ tyre.Just ask yourself what matters more and change your tyres accordingly.Pi_thumbsup
"Quote" BUSGO Wrote:
Well my second BT015R shredded itself on the Hume Hwy near Goulbourn today. It looked fine this morning and by lunch time it was down to canvas in the centre. (350ks non stop)
I got 11,000 out of the first one and 9,000 out of the second, but for the first 2 months that I owned the bike, it rained almost continuously so that may account for the extra ks from the 1st one.
The BT015s have never put a foot wrong for me but I was forced to put a Pilot Power PC2 on the rear as a replacement because I had no other option.

Carbonbusa -
"Unquote"
I do lots of distance riding with not much traffic.
I'm light - 77kgs and I ride solo.
I do lots of wet weather riding.
I run 38 - 40psi in the front and 40 - 42 in the rear.
I ride hard but not tyre spinning hard.

No secrets. AND, unlike Glenn would think, I don't run them till the canvas shows, I run them till the wear markers are coming to somewhere near where yours are showing but not normally that low.

Glenn knows fuckall about my riding style. Except that I ride behind him to stay out of his danger zone.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Thanks Busgo,
Bugger, it must be me as I keep them around 38 - 40 psi & I'm a big fat prick Fatman

Carbon Busa, Diablo corsa 3,200Kays & canvas nearly showing
Zx12R Ninja, Diablo Corsa 3,800 Kays & just on TWI
K9 Busa, OEM 015 4200 Kays Just on TWI

Now I need 3 rear tyres all at the same time Pi_freak

I am going to be doing the housework for months Lol3
Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
(05-07-2009, 05:14pm)BUSGO Wrote: "Quote" BUSGO Wrote:
Well my second BT015R shredded itself on the Hume Hwy near Goulbourn today. It looked fine this morning and by lunch time it was down to canvas in the centre. (350ks non stop)
Carbonbusa -
"Unquote"
I do lots of distance riding with not much traffic.
I'm light - 77kgs and I ride solo.
I do lots of wet weather riding.
I run 38 - 40psi in the front and 40 - 42 in the rear.
I ride hard but not tyre spinning hard.
No secrets. AND, unlike Glenn would think, I don't run them till the canvas shows, I run them till the wear markers are coming to somewhere near where yours are showing but not normally that low.

Glenn knows fuckall about my riding style. Except that I ride behind him to stay out of his danger zone.

Funny that so do a lot more of us, I'll let you decide what part I'm reading here Pi_thumbsup
He who has fallen off TWICE now going in a straight line shouldnt judge anyones riding, and be given the widest birth.And i never mentioned any names ya bunch of thinskins,it was a GENERAL observation of attitudes i,ve seen towards tyres.
(05-07-2009, 08:09pm)spamanglenn Wrote: He who has fallen off TWICE now going in a straight line shouldnt judge anyones riding, and be given the widest birth.And i never mentioned any names ya bunch of thinskins,it was a GENERAL observation of attitudes i,ve seen towards tyres.

You should talk leaving you mates on the side of the road
Why do you think people don't want to do track days with you, take a look at yourself
If youve got a problem with me simmo,you know my address.l get on with chris and ruffy very well since your interested we chat on a regular basis.What are you on about track days?i havent done one in over a year and i ride in a different group to most of the busa riders anyway,what would you know, you,ve never done a track day.Is your excuse that you were keeping out of MY danger zone??In all 4 groups??.Stop talking out of your arse.
(05-07-2009, 10:16pm)spamanglenn Wrote: If youve got a problem with me simmo,you know my address.l get on with chris and ruffy very well since your interested we chat on a regular basis.What are you on about track days?i havent done one in over a year and i ride in a different group to most of the busa riders anyway,what would you know, you,ve never done a track day.Is your excuse that you were keeping out of MY danger zone??In all 4 groups??.Stop talking out of your arse.

Gee I just agreed with a post above & as per normal you come out with your attacking crap at me & others as per normal
If you want me to tell your what I really think just ask me, because I'm such a nice Guy & I will try to help you out Boobies4
(06-07-2009, 08:51am)simmo Wrote:
(05-07-2009, 10:16pm)spamanglenn Wrote: If youve got a problem with me simmo,you know my address.l get on with chris and ruffy very well since your interested we chat on a regular basis.What are you on about track days?i havent done one in over a year and i ride in a different group to most of the busa riders anyway,what would you know, you,ve never done a track day.Is your excuse that you were keeping out of MY danger zone??In all 4 groups??.Stop talking out of your arse.
Gee I just agreed with a post above & as per normal you come out with your attacking crap at me & others as per normal
If you want me to tell your what I really think just ask me, because I'm such a nice Guy & I will try to help you out Boobies4

I'm so nice I'll answer your last questions seeing you have no idea about
you know my address No I dont I have only been to your dads place
What are you on about track days Dropping back a class just so you could show off & how good you are in your left hand
you,ve never done a track day Well well I have again you think you know everything so again you don't know shit, why do you think some people go about track days on the quite
MY danger zone Need I say more about Jindy a few years ago ask your dad, havn't you noticed a lot of people steer clear of you on the road, you got to tone it back a bit dude or its not going to end well

Also Guys thanks for the pm's of support. Pi_thumbsup
Max, where's that $5 you owe me? Lol2