Hi all
Picked up my new bike from 500km away yesterday, and took me all of today to recover...18 years without a bike, and I buy one of these...Icon_rolleyes..certainly puts my old 1100R to shame power wise, but handling is poor, Im looking into that...

Anyway HELLO

Shawn
Shawn Wrote:Picked up my new bike from 500km away yesterday, and took me all of today to recover...18 years without a bike, and I buy one of these...Icon_rolleyes..certainly puts my old 1100R to shame power wise, but handling is poor, Im looking into that...

Anyway HELLO

Shawn

Welcome Shawn, what have you bought yourself, a gen 1 or gen 2 ? There is plenty of info on this site about how you can improve the handling, or ask & someone will know.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Greeny_SA Wrote:
Shawn Wrote:Picked up my new bike from 500km away yesterday, and took me all of today to recover...18 years without a bike, and I buy one of these...Icon_rolleyes..certainly puts my old 1100R to shame power wise, but handling is poor, Im looking into that...

Anyway HELLO

Shawn

Welcome Shawn, what have you bought yourself, a gen 1 or gen 2 ? There is plenty of info on this site about how you can improve the handling, or ask & someone will know.

TBH Greeny , I dont know, 2004 model. Ive allways had Suzuki,s So I bough this one, because it was small. nobody told me it was also ballistic. I have to say Im impressed , aside from the handling issue..

Thankyou

Shawn
Welcome Shawn,
18 years without a bike, then pickup a GSXR 1300 and ride home 500 Km would have been quite a tense ride. It maybe not so much of a handling problem as a can not handle the ride problem.
There is lots of information in this site and willing advice from members to sort out problem if there is one.

If there is bike on the road it is a ride, If there is more than one bike it is a race.
Landmine Wrote:Welcome Shawn,
18 years without a bike, then pickup a GSXR 1300 and ride home 500 Km would have been quite a tense ride. It maybe not so much of a handling problem as a can not handle the ride problem.
There is lots of information in this site and willing advice from members to sort out problem if there is one.

If there is bike on the road it is a ride, If there is more than one bike it is a race.
I was a motorcycle courier for 9 years, riding a bike is pretty much instinctual, to be more specific in the "handling problem" It favors right, tends to want to stand up left, not a biggy Its just that I noticed it...
The bikes never been dropped and appears straight as...Your right though it could be me...

Oh yeah the 500 was in the pouring rain, and then fog , In the dark...so yes Ive a few aches....

LOL

S
hey there SHAWN welcome mate good to here your a busa owner enjoy mate Clap
welcome man... ride faster.lol
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
Hi Shawn and Welcome.

I hope you get the bike sorted and enjoy lots of great miles on the beast.

Biker

Make sure you catch up with us soon for a Biker or a Beer.

Maybe it is just a matter of resetting the shocks to stock and taking it from there.
OR possibly a steering head bearing check.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
G'day Shawn Welcome

Stay Upright Coolsmiley
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
Welcome Shawn enjoy your new family.. Stay upright and safe..
Rev004 Wrote:Welcome Shawn enjoy your new family.. Stay upright and safe..

Thanks for the welcome guys.. Ill be visiting often...

S
Welcome to the club Shawn, Im sure youll get it sorted out soon enough. For everything theres a reason.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Welcomeshawn
born to be mild
Welcome