Poll: is it worth $6000 plus fitting and tuning for 240 hp
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes go for it
86.36%
19 86.36%
just enjoy the raw power of the K8
13.64%
3 13.64%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

RCC stage 1 Kit. is it worth soiling yourself
ive been looking at the kits that will give 240hp at the wheel but not sure if its worth having something thats just going to stand up every time you hit boost. see how we go
Pi_freakPi_freakPi_freakScaryScary
busa, love em
Keenbeen Wrote:ive been looking at the kits that will give 240hp at the wheel but not sure if its worth having something thats just going to stand up every time you hit boost. see how we go

Mate, i was reading a post on (not sure where) hayabusa org?, about
blokes in the US having gen 2 blocks cracking after a re- bore due to,no one knows for sure.Now i know you are talking turbo & won't have to bore out but,these guys are suspecting the foundry casting to be a bit inferior & are using gen 1 blocks instead.This all may be bullshit,but,if it was me i would wait until more information is available. These were drag guys.

was me i would wait a while until more info is available

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Keenbeen Wrote:ive been looking at the kits that will give 240hp at the wheel but not sure if its worth having something thats just going to stand up every time you hit boost. see how we go

They don't always standup, sometimes its just wheelspin and others a combination of both Very Happy
My main concern would be that to go past 4psi of boost on the gen2 RCC recommend new valve springs and replace the Ti valves for stainless. It means a few more pennies spent to go higher boost but if you got the coin then to hell with it.
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
Simple choice really:

Your going to be someone who will always wish he had a turbo,or

Your going to bolt one on!

Coolsmiley
Do it Do it Do it. You know you wanna.
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
Just do it.
Power wheelspin at 200kphSmitten
Power wheelies at 240kphScary

You will never regret it. Drool

Be warned - you will soon want more power so spec the turbo system as high as you can afford up front and save money on upgrading at a later date.
Have you done the usual mods?
Full system,remap,filter,etc.

If so an still unhappy well...
Hairdry the thing.

Your not known unless your blown :P
Yep see if you can get someone to give you a spin on one.
You'll be braking out the credit card in seconds.
this thread makes me Jealous!
I have been toying with the idea also what is it roughly worth to get urself 240hp at the wheel? From start to finish?
at the current aussie $$ its $6270.00 AU for the kit at rcc
then add freight and associated costs.
fitting and tuning.
any optional or necessary extras , powercommander, full exhaust,HD clutch springs ,BOV all add up.
Was way better when the $ was at 95+ US :(
doesn,t sound as good on a bang for buck basis than a built motor for a gen2.I know which one i,d prefer in corners and at the dragstrip at stock length.turbo road bikes are better for roll ons and worse at everything else,it just depends whether corners or straights push your buttons.No argument they would supply a lifetime supply of adrenaline from acceleration when you get up over the 10psi mark,a built gen2 1441 would match a 6psi kit.
Dont get me wrong here I love a built motor in fact one will be coming my way soon but a built motor and a turbo are no comparison when it comes to power. You want more just wind up tha boost.Pi_tongue

Daily riding and through corners mine is just as easy to ride as a heavily built motor, not that you could even build one with the same power, let alone with the same reliability as a turbo at high power levels.

No offence intended Glen.