GI Pro
i got me one of these Gear Indicator devices and installed it earlier in the year.
after doing an 'Airbox and PAIR' mod, ive noticed that the revs dont go up when i let the clutch out a little like they use to before i did the mod...

dont know if the mod may have something to do with it???
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
Dont think it'll have anything to do with the GI Pro. More likely one of the others
cant see why it would effect my revs??? im lost.
night plug them back up, and see what happens...
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
Hutch99 Wrote:cant see why it would effect my revs??? im lost.
night plug them back up, and see what happens...

Dont know about the PAIR mod but Ithink I've read somewhere that the airbox bod might require additional tuning, ie power commander as it I assume it allows extra air into the mixture therefore I would think it would possibly run a bit leaner which would affect idle I think to some degree or another. Might be wrong but seems logical.

People on here with lots more knowledge on this than me. Just need one or two to read it. I'm a novice on the whole mod thing. Got a GiPro with ATRE but it hasn't had any adverse affects at all
Usually rev changes associated with the clutch would be from a TRE, if one was removed so the gear indicator worked your revs wouldn't change.
Maj Wrote:Usually rev changes associated with the clutch would be from a TRE, if one was removed so the gear indicator worked your revs wouldn't change.

Why would the clutch alter rpm. I'd of thought that once the gear was selected and it registered with the TRE that might alter the revs but the clutch is independant of the GPS which is what the TRE gets its info I think. Genuine question Maj not trying to be smart ass.
TRE is usually set to give a 5th gear signal and 5th gear ign and fuel maps, it has this at all times except neutral and when the clutch is pulled triggering the ecu to use the clutch tables and mapping, examples here
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/inde...4715.0;all
These are only some of the tables and maps found since the ecu has been cracked, many more may be effecting these areas and are yet not identified,

But ever since i put a resistor in my first busa it was an easy way to tell if the gps was original or the bike "unrestricted" all you need do was pull the clutch and listen for the rev change
hmmmm. strange.
ive got a PCIII.

mind you. i plugged the GIpro after i got it tuned the first time.

then i did the mods and i got it tuned again(with the GIpro in)...

should i have hooked up the GIpro after the 2nd tune???
would that make a difference you think, hooking it up after being tuned(like getting the bike tuned in stock, then hooking the GIpro)????????
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
Maj Wrote:TRE is usually set to give a 5th gear signal and 5th gear ign and fuel maps, it has this at all times except neutral and when the clutch is pulled triggering the ecu to use the clutch tables and mapping, examples here
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/inde...4715.0;all
These are only some of the tables and maps found since the ecu has been cracked, many more may be effecting these areas and are yet not identified,

But ever since i put a resistor in my first busa it was an easy way to tell if the gps was original or the bike "unrestricted" all you need do was pull the clutch and listen for the rev change

Okay, I've never listened for it to be honest but I shall now. Thanks

Chris
thats what i noticed the first time i hooked it up...
as soon as i started to let the clutch out a lil' the revs would go up(noticed it on the gauge too)

now when i do it, the revs drop as if the bike is going to stall...

ive even contacted GIpro manufacturer, and they just said make sure it set on '5'

hmmmmmmmm????????
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
Hutch99,
Set your idle speed to 1100rpm or even 1200rpm if you have a TRE or GIpro.
The bike will run much better.
You should have an idle adjuster knob just above the oil filler hole.
Set it when the bike is warm.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
yep, the bike is revving round that mark
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
Sigh , i ordered my GI Pro about 3 weeks ago --- still has not arrived , and told they have no idea how much longer it will be.......

I have had stuff sent to me from HK weighing 2 Kgs in 3 days ????

Boc
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
well after reading all this im not sure i want to install the gi pro but i do have a TRE and have found that theres quite alot of diffrence in top end

but i still want a gear indercator are there any other brands bar the gi pro????????
When I had my bus I had the gi pro set it to 4th gear map as it seemed better then the 5th gear map also had yosi 4 into 1 and pc3 had no issues.
The only thing I didnt really like was the size of the gear indicator its huge.Scary
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker