What Car do you drive
i want to come check the valiant out! has it got bench seats??
I too waste money on multiple cars, but at least 2 of them are on historic rego so they are a bit cheaper to own.

-99 N15 SSS Pulsar
-91 VN Calais
-69 MG Midget
-73 Datsun 1200 Coupe

I've never bothered buying a powerful car. I don't think I would ever be able to afford a car that could produce enough power to satisfy me. I would just keep pouring money into it and probably just keep breaking the weakest parts. That's why I own a powerful bike. I know it's not the same as a powerful car, but it's a cheap and reliable way to get my power fix. You can't beat a convertible for getting a driving experience comparable to riding a bike, and at least my 3 year old daughter can enjoy it too.Very Happy
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???
Aye, getting a car quick enough to satisfy your appetite for power can be quite hard... If you're like me though, you still try. I would a few things, get in or on it and feel the difference, and loved it. Then after a couple weeks of driving/riding it, it would seem pretty damn ordinary again, so you start doing more and more. Its a vicious cycle.

Though I still think if I had my choice in cars, I'd take the Bugatti Veyron. Got a chance to see one in the flesh in a Petersons Automotive Museum over in LA last year, and there was a Ford GT40 sitting right beside it, which is one of my all time favourite cars, yet I could not look away from the Bugatti.

[Image: bugattiveyronm.jpg]
lol bigfoot yep its all original condition.bench seats and 3 in the tree
Currently a BA 2 xr6, extractors, hi flo cat, 2 1/2" lukey sports system modded with only 1 muffler, airbox mods, needs a re-tune tho. It does the job of getting around with the family.

In the past I had an xc fairmont coupe, an xc farimont gxl (both 51's), el fairmont ghia (tickford motor), an 84 bmw 528i exec, my first car was a mitsubishi scorpion (turbo import model, couldn't kill it with an axe) but my favourite car I owned (& cried over for weeks when it got written off by the imported driver fresh off the boat & didn't know the road rules) was the 1965 Chev Belair I used to own.

383, 2 speed powerglide (rebuilt with kevlar linings, new stally, B&M floor shifter), bench seat front & back, fitted HX monaro discs, calipers etc, big stereo, WAS a great cruiser.

I think I miss the EL or the XC the most tho.
Wasn't there a thread with photos of cars we had/have?

Here's one from abnout 5 years ago...

[Image: Ganstafront.jpg]
Black 2004 R8 Maloo Ute
Regards

Andy

Live life like it's the 2 minute warning
My Way is the Highway
When life throws you a curve..lean into it

Black 2008 Dodge Nitro Turbo Diesel. Very comfy on the long drives and excellent for towing the bike to the track, Pulls like a 14 year old boy.Roll

1993 Lexus LS400 got a lazy 207,000 clicks on it and is still in very good nick.
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
How do you find the the Nitro for room? Any reliability issues? Haven't heard too much about them since when they first landed in oz
Raging Wrote:How do you find the the Nitro for room? Any reliability issues? Haven't heard too much about them since when they first landed in oz

Cargo space is ok but not huge. plenty of rear passenger space. The front foot wells taper in a bit and at first I didnt really like it but its not so bad. I am 6'1" and size 14 feet.

More power than a Pajero or Prado and about 20k cheaper. The initial models that came in had an engine management issue but it was just software. They use a canbus system and just reflashed with a bugfix.

Got cruise control, pumping sound from a 6 stack in dash, tyre pressure monitor including spare, ESP stability and reverse sensors.

I love it and would definately own another dodge preferably the new Challenger Drool
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
14 VW's
a heap of Holdens
and a heap of fords
oh and a Volvo also
Since 1999
1983 Volvo 240 wagon in (1999)
1994 suzuki samuri (1999)
2001 chevy impala (2000)
2000 dodge interpid (2001)
2003 Cadillac CTS (2003)
2004 Pontiac GTO (2004)
2003 Matiz (2005)
2006 Suzuki Swift (2006)
2002 Nissan Maxima (2007)
2008 Honda Accord (2008)
1 st FX Holden in 1967. This did over 200 kph. (a little hot)
2 Falon XL Ute (went through a brick fence Gladsville 1972)
3 LS 350 Monaro (HQ)
4 XA GT (special model) This is a late pic,its now in Tamworth somewere.

[img][Image: 2006-11-18_19-46-17_XABlue.jpg][/img]

VL Turbo Highly moded back in 1988. 300rwhp.

[img][Image: img010.jpg][/img]

VN V8 (highly moded)

[img][Image: img009.jpg][/img]

Than went to diesels

Nissan 4X4 Terrano 11
Rodeo 4x4 1996
Rodeo 4x4 2006
Nice GT man....I love the look of the XA, XB and XC's, been wanting an XB hardtop for a LONG time, but gotta save the pennies to get one in good condition. Would nearly settle for a GS if it was in good condition. Or an XY, but the prices of these cars are through the roof, even for the XW's...

Heres a tough XA...

Ummmm... I've got a $50 car, it pulls a little to the left when you break hard, the right passenger door doesn't open, it has developed a bit of a worrying shudder and it has a bright red warning light on the dash.

I prefer the bike.