decision time on white 09
hello to all i have been considering buying a busa for close to a year now and really liked the white ltd edition,so having some spare time while on holiday popped in to my local suzuki dealer and right in front of me were the three 09 models with the three colour schemes,standing looking at the striking white and blue i asked the salesman whats the ride away price? ,"he said $19500 and being a previous customer he said but i will do you one for $18000 ride away no trade in".so here is my problem i have always wanted to own one but never riden one so i am looking for any comments to help me with my decision ,being close to 50(yeah i know im an old fart)also makes buying one of the most powerfull bikes on the planet somethig hard to justify but i do love motorcycles and have nothing but the utmost respect for anyone that rides the hayabusa. regards FONC
Ask and yee shall receive " I dunno"
Hey FONC. Welcome
I think that you will find most busa riders are closer to 50 than 20.
Don't hesitate about the busa mate. It can be as docile as you want or as vicious as you want.
It's all in the wrist and to make it even better the GEN IIs have the mode selection to help you control the power.
You will probably find that selecting B or C mode is an option that you quickly get over once you are settled.
$18,000 cash is right on the money for a newbie with rego etc.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I can't go past adding my 2c worth. I made the move on the white/blue 09 about 5 weeks ago and find it hard to not think of an excuse to go out on it all the time.

Busgo is right with the tame vs vicious comment. The only time it is a "problem" is on patchwork roads that bump you arounsd a lot. The bumping tends to unsettle the right wrist and you can add kph very easily. Easily overcome by realising it happens and relaxing into it. Just goes to show how goey these things are, which is just great.

I am 43 and have adjusted to the bike after 5 years away from riding and any remaining problems with my neck after extended riding I hope to overcome in time also. If not, the problem can be overcome with helibars to raise the bars, which I took into consideration when buying the beast.

If you can control yourself, you can control this incredible weapon. Master that one and you will have the best thing on the road. Go for it.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
Hi from a 53yo 'ol fart. Ive been riding the busa now 9 yrs, best bike ive ever had. As been said you can ride it like a newbie and will serve ya well. You can ride it like Doohan and it will also serve ya well. Just depends on the rider. Bottom line dont be afraid of it, your at a ripe 'ol age where you will no doubt respect its abilities and have control over yourself and ride only within your capabilities.

Expect a 2 week body wear in ie. for your body to get used to the posture (depends also on your last bike). But on the whole I will tell you, you will NEVER regret owning this now iconic bike. Youll probably keep it at least 10 yrs if not more and treasure every moment it sits in your garage. Cleaning it will become a pleasure and not a chore. (only after 9 yrs cleaning becomes a chore lol). So go for that 09 White with the blue striping, better then the red in my opinion. And the price sounds right and good. Oh and youll regress in age, makes you feel alot younger. Go for it boyo.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Hey Fonc Welcome to the club

I've been riding for a few years now my last bike was a 93 GSXR1100 which by todays standards is pretty old when it comes to technology. I certainly agree with all the comments above and the one thing that I found was how easy the Busa was to ride even after stepping off a bike that I knew very well. The bike fits like a glove and you feel like you've had it for years even within a short ride home or that's how I felt anyway.
You have mentioned that you have the utmost repsect for the the Busa so if you treat the bike like that the bike will look after you so just do it You won't regret it.
Welcome mate!

I only just picked up my 08 about 5 weeks ago and I love the thing. I went from an 03 Z1000 to the Busa (120 v 190 BHP or so) and had no issues at all getting used to the busa, even though the riding styles are worlds apart. I still have the Z (although it's not going at the moment, that's why I bought the busa...) and sit on the Z and think that it feels weird now evern after such a short time!

Of course we are all bias towards the bikes that we own but I also agree with everyone in that these things are Jeckyl and Hyde - you choose which one you want as it will do both perfectly!!

And when you DO get it, post up some pics!! :)
been riding for 40+ yrs &didn't discover what a proper motorcycle was
until i bought a 2000 busa 4 yrs ago. you'll never look back mate!!!!

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
So, we are all agreed FONC.
You must ignore your wife, conciensce and bank balance - go and buy the bike and wave goodbye to your old age.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
FONC Wrote:hello to all i have been considering buying a busa for close to a year now and really liked the white ltd edition,so having some spare time while on holiday popped in to my local suzuki dealer and right in front of me were the three 09 models with the three colour schemes,standing looking at the striking white and blue i asked the salesman whats the ride away price? ,"he said $19500 and being a previous customer he said but i will do you one for $18000 ride away no trade in".so here is my problem i have always wanted to own one but never riden one so i am looking for any comments to help me with my decision ,being close to 50(yeah i know im an old fart)also makes buying one of the most powerfull bikes on the planet somethig hard to justify but i do love motorcycles and have nothing but the utmost respect for anyone that rides the hayabusa. regards FONC

I bought 5 gen 2s for friends last year(08) and 17,000 was the ride away price paid up here in Queensland.By the way age is a frame of mind and riding a busa always puts you back a couple of decades with the adrenalin rush so your age is just right !!!!! good luck
Beer

You wont be sorry with the Busa mate. I went from riding full on sports bike, my last being a ZX10R, to my current K8 limited edition, and I would never go back. Power and comfort, what more could you ask for.
ScaryNOOOOOOONO MORE NEW BUSAS UNTIL I GET MINE StormPi_freakViolinUndecidedIcon_box_
born to be mild
go for it, you only live once , just get the green light from wifey otherwise you might end up like this bloke
king 62 Wrote:ScaryNOOOOOOONO MORE NEW BUSAS UNTIL I GET MINE StormPi_freakViolinUndecidedIcon_box_

i feel your pain as well mate dreaming of the day, i will have one!!!!!!!
Careful King62 and bigfoot otherwise a group hug for you both will be in order, and a bunch of sweaty leather clad blokes (mainly) giving some man love could damage you forever. A few theraputic test rides should put off the need for hairy hugs from those close by.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
Hi,

I went from a Triumph Rocket III to a busa and thought I was missing out on some thing and traded the busa back and took home the Rocket III again. But shit I then found I'd done the wrong thing!! Rang around looking for a LTD Busa and traded the Rocket III back on a new LTD and never looked back. Lost a few dollars but just love the Busa for power and comfort, when I was riding the Rocket III home I knew I had done the wrong thing and rang up the cycle shop to ask if I could bring the Rocket III back. But wanted lots of money. I'm 64 and feel really happy with my Busa and would buy one more maybe later if my body lets me. I do all what I want on my Busa so don't think that age is a problem, if you can ride buy your Busa. They are just so easy to ride. Bloody great bikes, my Busa is coming with me when I go hay!!!
John.
Thanks John