2008 fuel consumption
BUSGO Wrote:I think that is far too overcautious Dan.
I'd be thinking more like 20 k / ltr at about 120kph and still have plenty to spare.
(UNLESS, bike is two up or heavy loaded).

If you are gonna ride this new bike all that way, make sure that you have the right riding gear and service points planned mate.
Some of the members here can help out with suggested stops once you have decided a route that you are taking.

Was thinking of going from Townsville down to Gladstone then through to Biloela on down to Dubbo, Forbes etc to Melbourne.
Then across to sunny Perth. The only thing that may change is I might slip across to Tassie and back before heading west.
Open to all suggestions regarding route etc.

Has any one put their bike on the train from Melbourne to Perth, this appeals more so to me as I can sit back watch the scenery go by whilst partaking in a few king browns.
Thanks,
Dave
At flying under the radar speeds loaded up still did 300ks before fuel stop Only put in 18.5 liters but it was worth every centGhastly
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
300 if not going to hard .gauge way out
100km before even moves.
50km with light on then starts surging best 350km then light on while running in. all this 2 up and bagged up, sorry wife.tyres 1st 4500km 2nd 4000km.
I have a stock 08 Busa that seems to have gotten significantly more efficient with age. I have always used Ultimate or V-power (98oct)

I do a mix of riding commuting to work (expressway 100kph+ and stop-go crawling) with a return trip of 60km's. Most trips include some 'enthusiastic riding'.

When the bike was newish (2000km's) I was getting about 200-230km's out of 16 Litres. Bike now has 6K on it and last few tanks have returned 280-300km's. A fill for me has been consistently about 16L, when the gauge is just hitting the red and the light is starting to come on.

I noticed some of you guys run to about 18L or so before filling. How many litres can be sucked out before she dies of thirst? I'm keen to push mine further between refills if it will let me. I used to like the 'reserve' option on my old Gixxer for piece of mind.

Also has anyone noticed improved mileage or power from using 98 octane fuel compared to 95, or can advise of fuel brands that their bikes prefer to drink?
Absolutely. BP Ultimate 98 is the best for mileage and smoothness.
95 is fine if you have to and 91 is just allright but the engine won't run smooth.

I have taken the bike down to 20 litres and no problem on the gen ii.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
most i have put into the bike was 20.56 litres no running problems at all.
TheShredder Wrote:At flying under the radar speeds loaded up still did 300ks before fuel stop Only put in 18.5 liters but it was worth every centGhastly

Update on fuel consumption,
Through the back blocks of Qld and NSW 275 k's was about the limit, hitting Vic fuel consumption improved immensely and was amazing, must have something to do with all the cops you have down there.

Dave

PS
The only fault I could find with the 08 is the seat, my rear end has still not recovered
Action-smiley-083
Hi Dave,

I have just run in my Busa and have the aftermarket Busa silicon seat and my ass was hurting. I only did 1,000K's. I have ridden my 97 Gixxer 750 on longer distances, from Phillip Isl to Central Coast without a problem on many occasions. I was thinking of swapping back to the original but I think its the seat position. I have noticed you are actually sitting alot more foreward on the 08.
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
Hi Dave how ya going

would have to agree with Dan budget 300klm to the tank, if your coming back across the Nullabour the wind can play havic which can impact heavily on fuel. I have done the trip a few times and it is very surprising how much the wind comes into it. The other up side there isn't many stops over 300 klm apart if any.

Really depends on the weather and riding conditions but 300klm should be a safe margin to run with