Bank muck up
In todays Herald Sun:
I was effected positively...paid twice...I let the payer know and he told me about the news...

A GLITCH in Commonwealth Bank systems has left an unknown number of customers wondering where their money has disappeared to.

The bank has apologised after double the amount of money was deducted from some accounts following bill payments and withdrawals yesterday.

Some accounts were also credited with more money than they should have been when transactions were accidentally duplicated.

It is thought that internet banking customers have been most affected, although there have been reports of ATM transactions going awry.

Have you been affected? Tell us below

A statement from the bank apologised to customers affected by the processing error and said those in immediate need of cash should visit one of their branches.

It also insisted no fees or interest would be charged to customers as a result of the problem.

Commonwealth spokesman Bryan Fitzgerald has admitted they have "no idea" how many customers have been affected, but that everything possible was being done to rectify the situation.

"Weâ€re trying to get to the bottom of this as quickly as we can.," Mr Fitzgerald told 3AW radio.

"Our customers are our main priority and we apologise to them for this glitch."

Mr Fitzgerald advised customers who performed a transaction online or at an ATM yesterday to check their accounts.
Typical CBA. They've always been pretty useless.

Yrs ago a regular payment my wife was receiving was going missing.
The bank were adamant that the money was in the account & she was doing "it" wrong.
Turned out that the bank were depositing the money into an old acc of her's which had been closed several yrs before & to which she had no access.

Another friend found an additional $2k in their CBA acc. Figured it was a mistake & didn't touch it assuming that the bank would remove the money when they found the problem.
6mths went by & the money was still in the acc. So my mate withdrew it.
2 days after he took the money out, he received a visit from the Police regarding fraud charges from the bank.
Not affected I keep my cash in my Wifes wallet, that way I know its gone for sure Pi_thumbsup
simmo Wrote:Not affected I keep my cash in my Wifes wallet, that way I know its gone for sure Pi_thumbsup
Lol2