Shannons or QBE
Seriously, some interesting stuff here about both companies, but have quotes for mine and they are pretty much similar. Not too bad considering my colourful driving record, but also a rating one. For me, both are around the $850 mark for fully comprehensive insurance...

Now to decide, Shannons or QBE... Any extra info on who's better rather than the already mentioned info? Almost seems as though they are much of a muchness. Funny that my first quotation from another company was around the $1800 mark.
2CUTE4U Wrote:Seriously, some interesting stuff here about both companies, but have quotes for mine and they are pretty much similar. Not too bad considering my colourful driving record, but also a rating one. For me, both are around the $850 mark for fully comprehensive insurance...

Now to decide, Shannons or QBE... Any extra info on who's better rather than the already mentioned info? Almost seems as though they are much of a muchness. Funny that my first quotation from another company was around the $1800 mark.
Just make sure Shannon's know if you're riding to and from work - commuting, they structure their prices of weekend risers, not commutors.

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
shop around , theres better deals out there, ive had 2 bikes & 2 cars ins with shannons includuding my last busa, when i bought the 07 busa the premium went up nearly $200 i asked for a please explain , they saiid thats the going rate , so i told them to get farked, & switched my car ins aswell, shannons will penalise , if your a regular rider, in the end i ins with arista, 21k agreed value came in at $613,downside with them you cant pay by the month, shannons are a bunch of c__ts
[Image: 583b3abf-1.jpg]
try bike guard - the cheapest by far
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
QBE for me shannons too expensive $3000.
QBE $2100
PREMIUM is $1837 for new busa @$18000 me no rating,45km over speeding offence last year 1 point left, imposed excess of $1250,$500 for speeding fine $400 normal excess.
Been riding 26 years only on pieces of shit not worth insuring hence the price.
Covers $4500 worth of riding gear also
Ride it just about every day. would rather spend $4k to get back $18k

LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE

LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE
Speed Demon Wrote:QBE for me shannons too expensive $3000.
QBE $2100
PREMIUM is $1837 for new busa @$18000 me no rating,45km over speeding offence last year 1 point left, imposed excess of $1250,$500 for speeding fine $400 normal excess.

try www.ebikeinsurance.com.au
I just insured my 04 with them.

Rating #1
Full comprehinsive
Daily commuter
$1200 of gear covered
$200 of personal items in bags
NO EXCESS
Agreed value $14500

$328.00
Louwai Wrote:
QBE $2100

Rating #1
Full comprehinsive
Daily commuter
$1200 of gear covered
NO EXCESS
Agreed value $14500

$328.00

Good price!!!

Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
I have both our cars (both turbo coupes) with Shannons but bike is insured with GIO as nobody can match them. Paying $580 for my ZX-12R, I think the bus is pretty similar insurance wise?
Madmax Wrote:
Louwai Wrote:
QBE $2100

Rating #1
Full comprehinsive
Daily commuter
$1200 of gear covered
NO EXCESS
Agreed value $14500

$328.00

Good price!!!

I've made a claim within the last 6mths.
1 phone call
I was told to get 1 quote from anyone I choose
The 1 quote was faxed to them along with a copy of the police report.
The repairer I chose received a confirmation (Go ahead & fix) fax within 48hrs of me faxing the info in to the ins co.

Bike has been fixed.

All is good.
Last time I had insurance was with QBE. The bike was stolen and I had a cheque within a week. Apart from the insurance assessor asking if I was married and who I was sleeping with, it was a pretty painless experience.

I made a complaint about the inappropriate questions.
I'm with QBE. Left Shannons after they refused to pay for a mate's bike that was dropped. They eventually paid up, but only after a long legal battle...
Heidi1 Wrote:Last time I had insurance was with QBE. The bike was stolen and I had a cheque within a week. Apart from the insurance assessor asking if I was married and who I was sleeping with, it was a pretty painless experience.

I made a complaint about the inappropriate questions.

Off Topic
My sister had a similar experience in a job interview yrs ago Heidi.
At the time she was 37 (55 now) & was applying for some Gov position. (She works for the treasury now) Anyway, the interviewer commented on her short skirt & nice legs.
BAD MOVE. My sister hates most men (except the one she happens to be screwing at the time)
She decided to blow the job off & told the panel of interviewers to go F*ck themselves.
Got up & walked out.
They are all a bunch of thieve's EG Shannons started advertising bike insurance a couple of years ago during moto gp telecasts.at that time their
rates were fairly reasonable, but as their market share increased so did their
rates. they are now too dear to even consider. F**k them Robbers!!!!

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
QBE all the way

Got my insurance renewal through in the mail, and i wasn't happy with the increase in my premium..original policy was $990, and the renewal was $1045.

Took my policy down to suzuki springwood and asked Darren what he could do for me. !
Magic happened !
He made a new policy with the same old details and i only paid $950!

daliy ridden
2 grands worth of options
all the normal replacement options
insured for 15800 blah blah blah

06 busa
no claims with the busa
clean driving history for over 13 years ( yep not one ticket ! )
riding 4 years

Do your selves a favor and talk to the experts !
Ebike were the best for me by a bloody mile. Give them a try.