Anybody fitted 86mm Muzzys Big Block to 08 Busa As Yet?
Would like to know, any problems?
Also planning on using 1mm oversize intake & exhaust valves, any problems with this?Undecided
for the sorta money involved most people would go turbo. i did a rough costing when i was looking at building my 99 model into something killer and the block and pistons alone were $2800usd plus then cams, head work, studs etc plus then most people i talked to recomended after market rods then your also looking a new fuel system and all that plus assembly added upto way past the 7k mark
Regards

Dan
where would you ride it. from all reports you are unable to get an andra medical clearance.

turbo would be the cheaper option and give you more hp. you also supposedly have a 550hp turbo kit in your shed.

also why muzzy's? i'd be sticking with someone like APE or BROCK if your talking big bore. they race them and have extensive knowledge of stroker kits. may also be worth checking the us busa sites. i only know of one aussie drag racer with a 1500+cc busa and the crank alone is 3500usd. the stroker kits will be the same as the gen 1 just that the 08 has different headwork and obviously the 1340 crank which will get the arse if you go BIG.
REVIT13 Wrote:where would you ride it. from all reports you are unable to get an andra medical clearance.

turbo would be the cheaper option and give you more hp. you also supposedly have a 550hp turbo kit in your shed.

also why muzzy's? i'd be sticking with someone like APE or BROCK if your talking big bore. they race them and have extensive knowledge of stroker kits. may also be worth checking the us busa sites. i only know of one aussie drag racer with a 1500+cc busa and the crank alone is 3500usd. the stroker kits will be the same as the gen 1 just that the 08 has different headwork and obviously the 1340 crank which will get the arse if you go BIG.
Ride it on the road, just like I used to ride the 300HP turbo busa on the road. The 550HP Turbo Drag Bike is being built now. And no, I won't be riding it.
The crank on the 08 is 2mm extra stroke, so 1mm spacer plate at bottom of block. The original 08 Crank will stay in the motor. Already have the block & pistons. Should be around 1510 cc. Because it has 86mm Bores it is offset. Does anyone know what the head dome cc of the 2008 is so I can do my numbers before I go rippin the head off ?
In regards to 85's comments about the fuel on the 2008---the injectors on the 2008 have a good spray pattern for a high impedence injector, in fact for turbo bikes they are good for up to 450hp, all you gotta do is bump the fuel pressure up, however with nat aspirated motor, 43psi is fine, only to max 250hp. The stock fuel rail'd be OK for that. Regds the rods, stock'd be ok & if you really wanted aftermarkets, no need for the more expensive H Beam. Regards the assembly, I'll do it myself. It's after 4.30 in the morning, better go get my 1 hour "Brain Injury" Sleep for the day.
the 1510 will make over 250hp. will you be running cams?
You will need to keep your compression at a streetable level for reliability.

yes injectors are good for 450hp plus.

that's a lot of bike for just the road.

good luck with the build. maybe post some pics up of your project and let everyone know once done. i had researched the 1441 but kit myself but need better no's to justify it.
one of the racers over here has just finished a 2000 model by making it 1441 so will be keen to see how he goes.
REVIT13 Wrote:the 1510 will make over 250hp. will you be running cams?
You will need to keep your compression at a streetable level for reliability.

yes injectors are good for 450hp plus.

that's a lot of bike for just the road.

good luck with the build. maybe post some pics up of your project and let everyone know once done. i had researched the 1441 but kit myself but need better no's to justify it.
one of the racers over here has just finished a 2000 model by making it 1441 so will be keen to see how he goes.
Cams-Swapping Stock Intake for Stock Exhaust-Seems the easiest & cheapest.
Reliability-keep the mutha cool & fit a Mocal Oil Cooler.
Head dome cc? is required to work out the CR so I get right spacer plate, estimate valve clearances etc
I would have thought you would be selling the engine a bit short leaving stock cams in with that much increase in cubes not to mention not porting the head out. I hear the CNC port jobs are the ducks nuts for big CC engines.
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
Back to my original question.
Answer all the way from the USA--95% sure. On the 08 Suzuki has reduced piston pin diameter from 20 to 18mm & moved the pin up 1mm in the piston.
Still don't know what the head dome volume is?
You mean the pin has been moved up 1mm not 1cm.Offset bores need stronger rods as they side load the pistons more.Perhaps if you fitted a turbo spacer plate and fitted some custom longer carrillos you could reduce the rod angle and piston side loading for a more reliable setup.Unless the bike is stretched you,ve gotta ask how its going to ride,1,2,3,with be always on the back wheel with any decent throttle amount,moreso even than a turbo at lower throttle percentages and with less weight hanging off the front.Perhaps a 19tooth front sprocket would help there.Secondly your cooling system is already as good as it can be bar coolant spec,so you,d have to hope theres enough cooling capacity left in reserve for the standard setup to cope with 25% more power production. A gen 1,s head is approx 19cc stock i,m told.I dont know about a gen2,s but if youre fitting bigger valves and then unshrouding them your dome cc will be far from stock anyway.
spamanglenn Wrote:You mean the pin has been moved up 1mm not 1cm.Offset bores need stronger rods as they side load the pistons more.Perhaps if you fitted a turbo spacer plate and fitted some custom longer carrillos you could reduce the rod angle and piston side loading for a more reliable setup.Unless the bike is stretched you,ve gotta ask how its going to ride,1,2,3,with be always on the back wheel with any decent throttle amount,moreso even than a turbo at lower throttle percentages and with less weight hanging off the front.Perhaps a 19tooth front sprocket would help there.Secondly your cooling system is already as good as it can be bar coolant spec,so you,d have to hope theres enough cooling capacity left in reserve for the standard setup to cope with 25% more power production. A gen 1,s head is approx 19cc stock i,m told.I dont know about a gen2,s but if youre fitting bigger valves and then unshrouding them your dome cc will be far from stock anyway.
Thanks for that. Yeah. I meant mm sorry (edited) Makes a bit of sence about the using longer rods. And the extra spacer plate thickness as a result on top of what I've planned. Yeah, will have to burret the dome cc after the valves are done to work out final spacer plate thickness. Falicon H Beams are a few hundred $s cheaper than Carillo H Beams. They make em 2.5mm shorter & stock length, will have to go with stock length. The extra cooling capacity is not a big expense.
Thanks mate, that's the sort of input I was after.....10 points!
Oh, sorry, I meant "head chamber cc". My piston dome cc is 8.7. . Allowing for gaskets, spacer plates etc. 19cc would mean about a 21.1 compression ratio, at least that is what the software says. Bump it up to 35 and is closer to what it should be.
21.1 compression ratio?

Thats hardcore...
Wtf sort of octane petrol will that need to run reliably...
Just curious..
:S
What are you on mate? Must be heavy shit!
From what I know, for turbo from about 9:1, Nat. Asp. 99-07-- 11.0:1----08---12.5:1. The Muzzy's pistons are 13:1 on 99-07. Only I have Ross Pistons with piston dome cc of 8.7. for 99-07 with 20mm pins
Not even Muzzy's themselves know if their 86mm offset bore big block will go on 08.
Big end ID on 99-07 conrods are same as 08. So I'll use 99-07 conrods, with 99-07 pistons.
When that bloke was talking about keeping the CR at a streetable level. He meant pretty close to 12:1. More compression---more heat & I'm not talking about my dog.
Incidently___we are being watched. Hello Constance.
got a mate running 13.5:1 in his 1397 and has no issues with it on the street using 98 octane.
Regards

Dan
NEMESIS Wrote:21.1 compression ratio?

Thats hardcore...
Wtf sort of octane petrol will that need to run reliably...
Just curious..
:S

DieselLol2

Gruntmax, you said inyour post before
Gruntmax Wrote:Allowing for gaskets, spacer plates etc. 19cc would mean about a 21.1 compression ratio, at least that is what the software says. Bump it up to 35 and is closer to what it should be.

Diesels run at around 21:1, you could weld up your spark plug holes and save some weight on sparkplugs and coils.Lol2
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
Diesel ignites on compression heat, not spark, yes I know, I am also a qualified chief engineer to 2000hp. The slack arse public servants never did teach us about compression ratios though. The last one I totally rebuilt had a 150mm bore & half a meter stroke, 1 inch layer of salt crystals in the sump, the phnuematic governor in bits & pieces in the bildge with a hole drilled in top of it by the tasmanians to let the steam out.
Got any idea as to wether a 99-07 Busa motor will fit in a 08 frame ?
Violin

How to pay for 5 x Big Block Stroker motors in 1 month
We are urgently in need of Sat Supervisors. Please see details below

Start Date: ASAP
Day Rate: US$1,500.00
Duration: 6 weeks on 3-4 weeks off
NOW YOU KNOW WHY I HATE DRINK DRIVERS AND OUR SH-T NSW GOVT. BOB CARR TAKES IT UP THE AR--! Australia2?