Bruce, Simmo and Heidi trip and live travel map
DjPete Wrote:thats the go Pan.
You are more in the know as to where they are.

...you probably know, and I probably know, but I'm worried that half the time they may not Confused

Lol3
pan Wrote:
DjPete Wrote:thats the go Pan.
You are more in the know as to where they are.

...you probably know, and I probably know, but I'm worried that half the time they may not Confused

Lol3
Lol3
Hi Guys and Girl,

Hope is all going well with the trip so far,we here in Perth are keeping an eye on your progress.

just to let you know when you get nearer to Perth we have accomodation in the form of a 3 bedroom townhouse with 6 person spa (your poor old bum's might like the relax) that is available to you for your overnight stay if you are needing something.Happy to provide at no cost to help with your efforts, it's in Rockingham 30 min south of the city and on the main road to Bunbury/Busellton.

Me and a couple of others are planning in joining you on your run down from Perth to Busellton if that going to be OK with you guys. Anyone else in WA wanting to join the run down the coast give me a ring most of you should have my number or Email me at andyh@andcad.com.au
Regards

Andy

Live life like it's the 2 minute warning
My Way is the Highway
When life throws you a curve..lean into it

BUSGO Wrote:I suggest you post up your number for them. They are checking this log each night and are up Townsville way tonight.

My number's 0439753234 so if the guys and girl a reading this give me a bell when you're about to hit Cairns Pi_thumbsup
andcad Wrote:Hi Guys and Girl,

Hope is all going well with the trip so far,we here in Perth are keeping an eye on your progress.

just to let you know when you get nearer to Perth we have accomodation in the form of a 3 bedroom townhouse with 6 person spa (your poor old bum's might like the relax) that is available to you for your overnight stay if you are needing something.Happy to provide at no cost to help with your efforts, it's in Rockingham 30 min south of the city and on the main road to Bunbury/Busellton.

Me and a couple of others are planning in joining you on your run down from Perth to Busellton if that going to be OK with you guys. Anyone else in WA wanting to join the run down the coast give me a ring most of you should have my number or Email me at andyh@andcad.com.au

That is a cool thing to do!
G'day Guy's, Am trying to keep track of ur progress & playing those roads & conditions through my feeble mind! I missed ur departure but I was there in spirit. My fingers are crossed and I wish u all a safe, on time, rubber side down and no law enforcement bullshit. If I know when u guys are tracking between Melbourne & Sydney, Bundy & I will ride down to meet up.
Heidi, I trust u didn't cause a shitfight with the Banditos!?!lol.

Good Luck,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

Are we there yet? Ghastly

Ruffy
This is simmo almost, when we get Heidi away from the bar will will give you a up date
Heidi1 Wrote:This is simmo almost, when we get Heidi away from the bar will will give you a up date

Day 2 and there's already too much Beer Beer Beer and not enough Biker Biker Biker
What would Chopper say? Uncle Chop Chop is the fourth member of this trip. Whenever someone gets whiney or sad, Uncle Chopper is invoked. HARDEN THE F@CK UP!!

We're in Sarina tonight in she shadow of the cooling tower that Bruce built. I hope he did a good job, if it falls over we are stuffed. The noise of the jutebox here in the pub must be enough to shake the foundations.

Today's route doesn't appear to be on our map. We picked the most interesting roads we could find which means we did WELL over 1000kms today, but none of us are sure as we all have crazy-arse sprockets on. Toady's route was Warwick, Toowomba bypass, Crows Nest (a breakfast worth taking a photo of), Nanango, to Gayndar, Mundubbera, then a road that doesn't appear on the map to mt Perry and Gin Gin then the Bruce Highway to Serina a few kms out of Mackay. The last 190kms were in the dark dodging the bloody roos again, we all need to give up the durries if we are going to ge this job done.

Simmo has done a 'finger map' and we figure we might just be able to do this if we don't stuff around. We've knocked Cairns off the map, we are turning and going to Normanton instead, then down to Camoweal and Three Way. That is two days of well over 1000kms again, I hope our arses hold up. I'll be fine (obviously), but the boys are struggling.

The boys are bitching and whinging beside me, apparently I'm not putting enough 'colour' in the story. So what do you want to know? Bruce rolled a guy in a wheeelchair for his cushion, but it is making absolutely no difference for him and Simmo. Simmo would like me to say something nice about his arse, but I'm not so sure what he is after. As we pulled into possibly the roughest pub in town tonight, a bunch of very drunk local girls who were dirty dancing the jutebox all called out, 'oooohhhh bikies!!!' One of them has just thrown up in the courtyard which is being hosed out as we speak, so the boys think they are in with a chance. Bruce is thinking of picking up in the vain hope they might rub his neck. I've just been told that while I was in the shower, one of them grabbed Bruce in a 'meaningful fashion' and introduced herself. I might nut her later to teach her a lesson. One of the boys has wacked his head and is bleeding, so rather than sending him home, they have bandaged him up so he doesn't bleed on the other customers while he is at the bar. I'm stoked, all I came up with was a Banditos bar, Bruce picked this one. Def Lepard is blasting at ear-splitting volume and the pub closes at 2am, so we are going to be tops at 5am. Tomorow night, Simmo gets to chose so we are looking forward to a nudie bar. Can't wait.

Today the roads were beauiful, big open sweepers off the main highway, curving through mountains and river gullies. At one point we went over a bridge that had thousands of fruit trees planted below it. The smell of thousands of citrus trees was a nice break from the road kills. Bruce missed the fruit trees. I nearly got run off the road by a DAMN REDNECK in a four-wheel drive. Fucknuckle, he deliberately swerved to collect me then sped up. I rode up beside Bruce and gave him a completely incomprehensible set of signals that were meant to read, 'LET'S KILL THE CAGE DRIVER!' but I got a wave and a smile and that was good too, but not as satisfying.

We're going to bed now to see if we can sleep. Does Eminem work as a lullaby?

Goodnight, and what would Chopper say.

Biker Biker Biker
Bruce,Simmo &Heidi.
I sent an email to heidi on sunday 14/9/08 & received an automated reply,so
i hope you are checking the forum. the route you need to take through
adelaide goe's within 200 mtrs of my house. if you can give me a couple
of days notice, i will meet you north of adelaide & guide you to the start
of the melbourne freeway,or my place if you need a sleep/drink/feed.
hope to catch up with you all soon. Good Luck & Stay Safe.

PS could anyone who is in contact with them regularly please direct them to this post. Thank You.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
I Am So glad you 3 are having a great time!!! I am so envious, those country girls sound like they are great fun BOYS!!! YEEHAA...

What about you Heidi?? any Cowboys for you????

Stay safe !!!GrouphugFatman
Sarina is such a sweet lil town, hah!

There certainly are some sweet spots as you said, that fruit trees galore was between Childers and Gin Gin - large fruit growing area.

enjoy the sprint to Normanton.
I just got an update from Heidi... Did about 900km today.

At just before 6pm (Sydney time) they were still 3 hours out of Normanton, and said they will ride until dark and then camp in a dry river bed...

They spend much of the day on a "development road" (for 500 kms today) which is why they didn't cover as much ground as they wanted.

She said it's a "bit of tar about 5 feet wide" and that they nearly got wiped out by a road train when the back end of it swung around!

More tomorrow... Pi_thumbsup
keep those in between towns coming Heidi/Pan.
It helps when updating the map.
and BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!