Poll: Allow Unmarked Police Motorcycle
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Allow unmarked patrol bikes
10.00%
2 10.00%
Dont Allow un marked patrol bikes
90.00%
18 90.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Unmarked Motorcycle Cop on Monash 28.5.08
I spotted an unmarked motocycle (looked like a ZR1200) cop booking a rider this morning on the South Eastern.

Has any one else seen this before?
Banter Wrote:I spotted an unmarked motocycle (looked like a ZR1200) cop booking a rider this morning on the South Eastern.

Has any one else seen this before?

You guys have it bad down there. We haven't got enough coppers to put on the road and you have to worry about U/C traffic.

Harsh to say the least!

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Could of just been on the way to or from work or was he booking someone
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
BUSA-RO Wrote:Could of just been on the way to or from work or was he booking someone

No, there was a blue light flashing from the back and he looked on duty to me. I spoke to another rider the next day and he recons heâ€s seen them before but only on school holidays and this was peak hour on the SE, no place for the faint hearted. The guy he was booking was doing some serious speeds though, I couldnâ€t catch him and modesty aside, I donâ€t have a clue how the officer did little lone pull him over safely.
Yep...watch out for the bloke on the blue BMW K1200 GT as well (should you have a momentary brainfade) Coffee
Never ride the A model of anything.
Rev Wrote:Yep...watch out for the bloke on the blue BMW K1200 GT as well (should you have a momentary brainfade) Coffee

was that u rev makin a few $$$ on the side
Rev Wrote:Yep...watch out for the bloke on the blue BMW K1200 GT as well (should you have a momentary brainfade) Coffee

He was seen this arvo in the city Action-smiley-083
never fly higher than your angel.
I'm afraid unmarked police vehicles are a fact of life in NSW.
I saw a driver getting booked by a cop in a gold unmarked falcon the other day and that afternoon I saw another driver getting done in the same spot by a Police dog handler truck.
We have lots of unmarked police bikes in NSW but most of them are dirt bikes chasing people on unregistered bush bashers.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Last week going to work I turned off Wellington Rd onto Jells Rd & there was a commodore wagon pushing right up behind me.
I was doing about 65klm odd.

I moved into the left lane & the guy in the passenger seat sat up nice & straight so I could clearly see his uniform & sleeve patches.

I suppose they were hoping I'd give it a bit to get away from the "tailgater" & then they could book me.
Louwai Wrote:Last week going to work I turned off Wellington Rd onto Jells Rd & there was a commodore wagon pushing right up behind me.

I moved into the left lane & the guy in the passenger seat sat up nice & straight so I could clearly see his uniform & sleeve patches.

I suppose they were hoping I'd give it a bit to get away from the "tailgater" & then they could book me.
Unmarked patrol cars and bikes are a symptom of a society that allows a government the use of brute force through penury measures to achieve by intimidation what they have failed to do because of a lack of public cooperation.

Punitive measures have never been successful in achieving communal cooperation, in other words, without public support no law is viable and given the ridiculous size and yearly expansion of fines and revenue flowing from our roads it is hard to see how anyone could say Victorians or Australians in general honestly support the initiatives of our governments to make our roads safer.

Compounding the problem is the perverse roll our constabulary have been placed in as they deal with the daily horror of road trauma while enforcing a system that by world standards is archaic and increasingly ineffective.

The most disturbing aspect of this whole sorry sager is the lack of real public debate and the inability of any group, including the Victorian opposition, to gain access to the actual raw road trauma data and statistics that the government use to justify its current campaign.

One can only wonder what is hidden in the numbers, perhaps promotions, cushy civil servant jobs and lucrative government tenders, who knows.
Storm
Not me Kawa..........but.............riding a blue BMW DOES intimidate a lot of road users Lol3

The amount of times people have floored their cars & bikes to pass me & then stood them on their noses stopping when they spot the BMW badges Lol3Roll They drop back & tail me for miles, prolly reckon I'm a stealth Police

Then if somebody does a bone header, the withering stare gets plenty of attention too...,.Pi_thumbsup

Last year coming home from PI on the Bass I spotted a dude in the mirrors zig zagging through traffic up behind me, he spots the beemer & wouldn't pass me at all for about 10 k's Ghastly
Banter Wrote:
Louwai Wrote:Last week going to work I turned off Wellington Rd onto Jells Rd & there was a commodore wagon pushing right up behind me.

Unmarked patrol cars and bikes are a symptom of a society that allows a government the use of brute force through penury measures to achieve by intimidation what they have failed to do because of a lack of public cooperation.

Punitive measures have never been successful in achieving communal cooperation, in other words, without public support no law is viable and given the ridiculous size and yearly expansion of fines and revenue flowing from our roads it is hard to see how anyone could say Victorians or Australians in general honestly support the initiatives of our governments to make our roads safer.

Compounding the problem is the perverse roll our constabulary have been placed in as they deal with the daily horror of road trauma while enforcing a system that by world standards is archaic and increasingly ineffective.

The most disturbing aspect of this whole sorry sager is the lack of real public debate and the inability of any group, including the Victorian opposition, to gain access to the actual raw road trauma data and statistics that the government use to justify its current campaign.

One can only wonder what is hidden in the numbers, perhaps promotions, cushy civil servant jobs and lucrative government tenders, who knows.
Storm

I agree. We are not talking about road safety here, it is all another source of revenue. The only way to exact adequate revenge is to elect to take the matter to court. Kathy was booked in a parking space for parking in a no stopping zone, even though the signs had fallen off. So while she was booked, before reversing from the parking space, she took out her digital camea and shot a whole heap of photos including the missing signs, then elected to go to court. We are still awaiting a court date.

It's also noted that when the fines come through in NSW from the SDRO, they give you three options, 1) Pay the fine. 2) Dob someone else 3) Go to court. SDRO only want the money so do not bother applying for a review. I did and they used a bullshit excuse to not review the case.

My 0.02c
I saw an unmarked copper on the Monash freeway on Monday.

It was a great looking "copper" busa . . . heading into the city.

anyone we know???

(I was stuck in traffic in the "carpark" supposedly going the other way in my bus, with a load of pensoners on board - but that's another story)
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Spotted the blue stealth BMW K 1200 GT copper bloke today............on Mt Alexander Rd Parkville......he was off the bike & taking down rego
numbers Confused

He should have been there a couple of saturday's ago when I saw a black Caprice hire car run 2 red lights Scary He drove up to the first & went straight through. Knuppel2 I stopped then caught up & he does it again at the next one, fuggin mofoPi_freak Too bad if some poor bastard was going the other way on a green like those two from Hoppers Crossing yesterday.....
Not bad. What's the WH&S on these guys not wearing reflective safety vests in these high traffic areas? In Qld its mandatory for the wearing, I can double check with a friend but at any time they are on traffic and step onto the road they must wear a hi-vis vest. Even the motorcycle cops here are hi-lighted.

unmarked or not, they must still don the ugly vest. I know at any time I am working on or next to any road I must don the hi-vis vest.

Will have to check (Qld's) these rules again. I remember when the flash for cash was chipped and shut down by WH&S for not positioning their vehicle in a safe manner on one of the local runs, too funny.
Go hard, or Go home!