Laguna Seca Moto GP
Rossi is a great rider and has complained when less sportsman like tactics are used on him, but thats the game. Push your opposition till they crack and hes the best at it. A good win for Rossi, but he better watch his ass as i would say its game on now.Knuppel2
And a outstanding ride by Vermuelan Clap
[Image: photo3.jpg]
Glad I was wrong, looking forward to watching it.
Who came 3rd ??? I missed the race
Vermeulen.
Licence Back!
At last a circuit that the Ducati couldn't lose the rest with its straight line speed. Rossi had to ring the neck of the Yamaha to get the result and at the same time showed Stoner that he was a better dirt bike rider as well!!!!!!!!
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
Is there anywhere on here (net) you can see the race, a podcast thingy ma jig.
MotoGP.com but you have to pay.

https://www.racing-underground.com/ has great torrents if you're savvy with that technology.
Licence Back!
busakid08 Wrote:I cant beleive Stoner has to Whine about everything; "the passing was too close for me sniff sniff" - not only is he boring as batshit to talk to but he has to whinge all the time - even if he is miles in front of everyone with the best bike on the track (without a doubt and I passionalty hate Ducatis!) he STILL whines - lost me as a supporter ages ago and now I am completly sealed. Rossi may be getting on a bit and maybe slowing down a tad (personally dont think so) but he still has the balls to go all out and race hard and is the most entertaining on and off the track we have seen for years.

Go Vale - will always be the best racer not only for his speed but his sense of sportsmanship, competitiveness, humor and plain tom foolery love it!
Good to see your a really Aussie Choppin down that tall poppy.
The Witness
TimF Wrote:MotoGP.com but you have to pay.

https://www.racing-underground.com/ has great torrents if you're savvy with that technology.

Not too savvy with anythin tonight, got around 3 hrs sleep last night then a fulldays work and some to do when i got in. Shagged out now
Yeah I gotta agree with Busakid08, stop whinging and ride. Yeah things are going to get a bit hairy but thats racing, thats why you get paid the big bucks. Take away all that traction control, antilock braking etc and I don't think Casey will be at the front whereas Valentino would be because the man can ride a real bike not some supercomputer on wheels.
Just caught it on Fox, awesome, best one of the season I reckon, vintage Rossi
Have to agree, Stoner ticked me a bit with the comment he made but i'm pretty sure i'd be pissed throwing the race away with a costly mistake like that and i'd be looking to kinda off load some blame LOL.....it was his fault he came second as he said! i think Rossi brings alot of character to the sport but Stoner will win this year....
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
Well heres my 2cts worth.

Don't get me wrong Rossi can definately ride a bike but I think people are forgetting that until a couple of years ago Rossi was winning everything and the racing was pretty boring and every time the next round come around everyone already knew who was going to win. I think the young bloods like Casy and Pedrosa have brought the racing back to Rossi which has given him something to think about again. People also need to remember that Rossi has a lot of experience on these guys so mentally he has always had the advantage.
Rossi also come into the premier class as all the big guns like Doohan were retiring so he didn't really have anyone to challenge him and then to top it off he had Doohan step across to mentor him and also picked up Doohans engineer Jeremey Berges who he still has so Rossi couldn't have asked for 2 better blokes to get him started in this class and this has been very evident with his career to date. People reckon Stoner wouldn't have done as good as he has if it wasn't for the bike well what about Rossi he had the best bike and team when he come into the serious and has never looked back, so I say good on Stoner if he has got the best package at the moment. We also need to remember that Stoner wouldn't have got the ride with Ducati if Ducati didn't think he had the goods. Some people are saying that Stoner wouldn't do any good with out the Ducati well what about the other guys on the Ducati they are definately not doing what Casey is doing so what does that say about his riding.
I also Believe that if it wasn't for people like Gardner and Doohan putting this sport on the map here in Australia and now some young ones like Stoner and Vermeulin coming through the ranks I would have to say that a lot of people would not follow this sport in this country.
What a load of dribble!!!! When Rossi moved to Yamaha how good was that bike? The bottom line is, Rossi showed that with an inferior bike he can ride the pants off anybody. That loss for Stoner would have done more for his career than winning another championship on a superior bike. Rossi actually taught him something especailly how to fight back and pass where it seems impossible to do so. The one lesson that Stoner skipped was the one in humillity!
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
Gassick Wrote:What a load of dribble!!!! When Rossi moved to Yamaha how good was that bike? The bottom line is, Rossi showed that with an inferior bike he can ride the pants off anybody. That loss for Stoner would have done more for his career than winning another championship on a superior bike. Rossi actually taught him something especailly how to fight back and pass where it seems impossible to do so. The one lesson that Stoner skipped was the one in humillity!

Rossi also proved that he is human and can choke with the best of them at Valencia 2006 when he lowsided and handed the victory to Hayden. Roll All he needed to do was finish somewhere half-decent and he would have won the Championship.

As for Stoner missing the lesson in humility, that is just rubbish. Throughout his career with LCR he was always very humble about his performances, taking much of blame when things went wrong with the machine, yet affording full credit to his team when things went right. Take a look at the way Rossi publically whined to the media when his Yammy/Michelins weren't up to scratch. Threatening to not re-sign his Yamaha contract. Not ruling out the possibility of signing up with Ducati etc..

As for the current Yamaha I think that Lorenzo has had some incredible results with it this year. So unless he, like Rossi, is some sort of God of MotoGP then I don't think there is anything inferior about the Yamaha...
Licence Back!