Ride for ACT/NSW on Saturday the 7th of October
Heidi... I'll be on the bike heading south to Bowral, but it sounds like your crew is now turning off earlier and heading towards the coast... so I'll probably miss you all. I was going to try and time it to meet you all in Bowral if that was part of your plans (coz thats where I'm spending the rest of the weekend). I'd already arranged an arrival time of about 1pm with my host which was why I hadn't responded directly to this topic.

Busdriver is right, you're better off turning east a bit earlier otherwise you'll never get to the Gong in time for anything except turning around and heading home again.

If you can give me the e.t.a of your group at some specific point in the Southern Highlands on your way up I might be able to catch up with you all briefly at a fuel/coffee/smoke/pee stop (if you take one). Otherwise, if you can estimate what time you'll be back in the area on the return journey I might be able to meet up with you then. SMS me on 0418-644-295 if either of these sounds feasible - or post here (I'll check it Friday night).

To all going - have a great ride, enjoy and get home safely.

The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
Rob,
fucknose on the eta, I've got your number and will give you a call/or sms when we have a better idea, probably on the way back. Cheers

Max
Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Grey Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
<i></i>
Is anyone else from Sydney meeting us at Heathcote or am I going to be stuck with Simmo and a bunch of ACT people all day?

"sometimes crime does pay"<i></i>
G'Day Pan, Yep I,m in too......see you at Heathcote Maccas
Cheers Taub<i></i>
Im in pan . looking forward 2 put a face 2 all these names.

<i></i>
They aren't pretty, don't get too excited. Yeah Astro, we'll give you a call on the way back up the hill and organise a coffee stop. Would be nice to finally meet you. <i></i>
BUT of the best kind! Dad just called at me work this morning, needs my help as he's coming up to Canberra (from Bbay) 2morrow to pick up his new ride.

He hinted he might have something nice to bring along to the snowyride, I didn't know he'd already bought it!

It's a BMW R1150RT, at least half-chance of keeping up instead of old hack GS1000 he rides now.

I guess it means he'll prob have a few bikes up for grabs, but I'll confirm with him 2morrow:

1. 1985 RG500 Gamma orig ~18k kms travelled since new, new tyres, between either him or me this has been in the family since 1989 - dammit I just bought a new Mac, but I'm tryn to see if I can find $$ to buy this back and continue the tradition!

2. Ducati Pantah 500SL 10k kms travelled, immac.

3. Suz GS1000 shaftie ~85k kms - reliable, recent timing chain, 4-into-1 pipe, rack.

Mark.
Mark
Canberra's Best Silver/Black K5!<i></i>
I have to work so cant make it

Hope you all have a fun and safe ride

Arguing with idiots is like wrestling a pig in the mud, you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!<i>Edited by: Speedzalot at: 6/10/06 4:24 pm
</i>
I've just checked the weather report, brilliant day the whole way from Sydney to Canberra via the coast. Top temps of about 25 degrees, perfect riding weather.

Sorry you can't come Mark!

See the Canberra cousins at 8.30 at my place. Fueled up and ready to go, once I'm up and out of the jammies, we are on the road! <i></i>
How about a good solicitor......

I'm in. See u at S/Tops lookout,as i could be running late. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i>Edited by: kawasuki at: 6/10/06 5:35 pm
</i>
hey monyx if i end up coming i could meet you somewere and u could follow me to heidi's if you could keep up with me that is Dirty Dan For Life<i></i>
Hope to be there. Still have to find my keys yet. Threw them all up the back yard this morning after a shitfight with the family and their " you're always riding your bike".

Funny, when I had my sail boat there was never any "you're always sailing the boat". Big difference here. The boat was recreation, the bike is just transport.

I got rid of the boat and got back into bikes so I could recreat any day.

Anyone in Canberra got a metal detector I can borrow? <i></i>
Maybe just a good locksmith might suffice at this point.

Found my keys <i>Edited by: Busdriver&nbsp; at: 6/10/06 7:44 pm
</i>
Les mate i got a great lawyer if u wanna borrow him. that or i got a guy that can sort it out before it hits the court room Dirty Dan For Life<i></i>
goodo i know a few delock smiths if you need em Dirty Dan For Life<i></i>