broken output shaft - hillclimb car
Hi,

I know this is not directly bike related but I am looking for advice so I felt this could be a good place. I have an open wheel hillclimb car with a 2003 Hayabusa motor in it. I need some advice as things keep breaking. To make this short we first upgraded the clutch due to slipping, then we upgraded the chain constantly as we have snapped (stretched) many chains.
Yesterday we snapped the output shaft that connects to the chain sprocket……????
Does anybody know whether there is a stronger output shaft available in Australia, is it much stronger and worth the extra cash. What ids the price of a standard output shaft compared to a stronger one, can the existing shaft be successfully repaired and be stronger than what it was. We are on the Gold Coast Queensland.

Thanks for all and any help.
just curious, how much did you purchase the motor for?
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
Enough! it was a Jap import. From a supplier in Melbourne.
hey . i run a billet output shaft and sprocket in mine purchased from ape in the states been good so far . you can also run a billet sprocket cover with a bearing support mpe in brissy make them. hope this helps.
Send an email to this guyhis name is Scott.
Subaru Sales Innes Motors [innes_subaru@iprimus.com.au]

This was his car

[Image: IMGP0090.jpg]

[Image: ScottsBuggy.jpg]

[Image: _B054364.jpg]

His ca specs

RACE TO THE SKY Formula Libre “Boosa”
450kg, 310hp, 6spd sequential, 4WD Turbo. 5th o/right 2006 Silverstone Race to the Sky New Zealand & current class record holder (15km gravel hill climb).With slight modifications will suit use in tarmac / hill climb in 2WD trim. Engine: Hayabusa GSX1300R with JE forged turbo pistons, falicon conrods, ARP bolts, APE h/duty head studs & nuts, APE h/duty valve springs & titanium retainers, Billet h/duty output shaft, APE super heavy duty clutch springs, Adj cam sprockets, GT 25 dual BB Turbo on stainless manifold, Tial external wastegate, Turbosmart Blow off, ARC intercooler, injectors, Bosch fuel pump, Aquamist water injection, Billet h/duty clutch support cover, oil cooler. MOTEC ecu with lambda, Anti-lag, Data logging, MOTEC dash, Rear LSD, 3” harness, Quickrack, 4 wheel ventilated discs, Braided lines, Adj Bump/Rebound shocks, Cams log book, 6 x 3 piece lightweight 15” alloys, 4 x 10 ¾” x 13”, 2 x 8”x13” with Avon Hill climb tyres. This is a very quick & serious vehicle & is ready to race.
Additional Spares package negotiable: New JE forged pistons, Gearbox, New H/duty output shaft, New APE h/duty clutch springs, New APE h/duty head studs & nuts, New Aquamist water injection, New Bosch fuel pump, New injector, New disks, Reco F & R driveshafts, Rear LSD assembly, Front Diff assembly, Steering rack, Nose cone, Throttle cable, plus more. Ph

He knows his stuff re hill climb cars and may even have some spares left.

I have that motor in my bike.
nice looking car.
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
On your clutch slipping issue - see our posts on using motorcylce oil only in the busa.
The clutch is dependant on having no friction modifiers in it.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I can give you a std output shaft (26mm) but would recommend the heavy duty 30mm billet
http://www.orientexpress.com/+/Robinson+...ocket.html
http://www.tts-performance.com/catalog/p...ts_id=4217
http://www.hayabusazone.com/transmissions.html
Tried the HD clutch springs ?? http://www.hayabusazone.com/clutch.html
Some of this stuff would be available thru Abusa (Shayne) at Cyanide racing in QLD
Thanks for all the quick response. We have two hillclimbs on the next two week ends (Grafton and Noosa) and are keen to miss neither.
Jason- we already get parts from MPE in Brisbane, and will talk to them soon.
Blackzook- Thanks for the contact details.
Maj- Tahnks for the links.

There certainly is a lot of equipment available for the Busa motor.
If anybody can recomend a supplier on the Gold Coast/Brisbane area i would appreciate it.

Thanks.
David
If you need something to get you thru send me your address and i'll give you a std shaft..i have several
Talk to Bill directly and he'll make it happen

137 ST. NICHOLAS AVE. SMITHTOWN, NY 11787

PHONE 631-360-9219 FAX 631-360- 9219

WWW.ROBINSONINDUSTRIESINC.COM
Maj,
We will be putting in an upgraded shaft, rather than trying again with the standard one.
The engine rebuilder in Brissy is sourcing it for us at the moment and putting it back together.
Cheers.
Post up a pic of the hillclimb car mate, Im interested in its setup.
Definitely better off with the HD output,
May want to look at your shift forks and the condition of the dogs while your in the gearbox, they occasionaly give trouble on bikes and get more abuse in a heavier vehicle esp downshifting.
Here a couple of pics of the car at Mt. Cotton near Brisbane the day the output shaft broke.