I hate to ask BUT!!!!
OK lads and ladies,
Big blue's about 5k up and the Bridgy on the back is ready for retirement. Didn't really think the 'Busa was at it's best with the Bridgestone and have always been a Michelin fan. I know these postings are always contentious because tyre choice is a very personal thing . What is the current thinking for a K7 used 80% for commuting with the occasional day ride and weekend away(very occasional for the latter!) sometimes 2 up. Also is there an advantage in changing profile. I know these are big contentious questions but I'm a bit stuck. Don't want to spend money on Bridgestones as they let me down badly once and I swore I would never use them again. I would like some sort of longevity but want a good allrounder more than anything. So there you go. Completely uncommitted to anything (except not!!! buying a Bridgestone) and not really sure what I want!!!! So who wants to offer their 2 bobs worth?Confused
I would particularly like to hear from anyone using the Michy 2ct's .
Thanks all.
It's a week by week charade.
You're a brave man charlie brown!

I've just done over 10 000kmms on the Pilot Road 2s and they were BRILLIANT! I still have (estimated) 5 or 6 000kms left in tread. This is taking into account high speeds, hot desert roads and gear on the bike. Now I have it home, I'm commuting daily in Canberra (BLOODY cold roads in the mornings) and it is sticky enough once it heats up. Usually I run the Pilot Power, and realistically, I'll be going back to that, but I a TERRIBLY impressed with what the Pilot Road just did for me.
I think it would be a brilliant tyre for what you just described.

P.S. Want to duck for cover with me?
i had Michelin CT2' s on my last bike (VFR800) which is around the same weight as a Hayabusa, had no issues with them other than when on the freeway passing trucks or its windy with the pointer profile on the tyre the bike felt a bit twitchy, i had my new bike on the F3 yesterday and was a lot more stable.
Thanks Heidi and knittingchamp. I've been thinking about Pilot road 2 or Pilot Power 2CT. Thought it might fun (fun?Roll) to put the question to the forum and also find out other views (again) about tyres. It is hard though, I know how personal tyre choice is. When I used to race I would pay for my tyres because the ones offered by the mob that gave me some support were not my preferred option!! I'm half tempted to try the M1's that Actions are still advertising but I don't want to buy a tyre on price. Violin I dunno. This is all 2 hardScary Any way. Keep the replies coming. Though at this stage the road 2's sound the go.
Cheers all.
Avon Storm ST front and rear 42 psi front and rear and all in the listed size for the bike Pi_thumbsup

http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...p?tid=8091
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
I am running Mich 2Cs and love them - had PP on teh ZX10 and these aew even more unreal = shits all over the BT's !!!

BK
Egos; everyone got one
Diablo Corsa 3 on the rear & diablo corsa on the front for extra grip = WIN!
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
Buy the stickiest hoops u can afford.
I use Supercorser SC1 front and SC2 rear 190x55
For a mixture of highway riding and city commuting, the Metzeler M3 OR Z6 tyres are outstanding for grip and life. The M1s are a bit softer though.

I don't know what you don't like about the BTs but the new BT015s on the K8 are brilliant.
I have been using the Metzeller M3s for about a year and swore by them but I find the new BT015 is better.

Considering some of the stuff that used to pass for tyres in years gone by, just about any new compound tyre will be pretty good but consider that the tyre profiles made by Bridgestone especially for the Hayabusa have a profile designed to give better grip and stability through high speed corners, not necessarily tight twisties.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I'm about the same as you.
Commute daily with the odd ride.
I also rode down from Bris to Melb when I moved.

I run Metzler M3 on the front & Pilot Road on the rear.
I've been averaging about 9000 to 10,000klm out of the front & 19000 to 21000 from a rear.

My bike had done 26000klm when I bought it. I've just clocked over 64000klm.
Have only just fitted my 4th front & am still on my 2nd rear since buying the bike.
I run Mich PP 2CT, before were standard PP's. Im not convinced the 2CT is necessary or warrants the extra costs. The centre on 2CT is not harder for touring, its same as standard. Its the sides that are softer thats it and find the rear scollops as the front which never did on standard rear. I ran the non 2CT and they were fine, never stepped out. My next choice is going back to standard PP or may try a rear PRoad.

Am interested in hearing comparison of PP to P Road.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
BUSGO Wrote:I don't know what you don't like about the BTs but the new BT015s on the K8 are brilliant.

I had a brand new Bridgestone Potenza delaminate on me a few years ago and they were such pack of pricks that I swore I would never use any Bridgestones again. Still maintain that.Knuppel2
Different riders have different grip levels,, Some might go into a 35 corner doing 70 some may be doing 140 ,some get on the gas mid corner some when there upright so its up to the individual. I can only say what the Supercoarser does for me at the track and on the road ,as i don't ride that hard but i like to know i have the grip if i go a little to hot sometimes Scary
Oh bullshit, you are a LOOONATIC!
Scary
If you are a real twisties person (as I am - I still run a ZX10 as well) the 2CT are better grip than the PP at the extreme lean angle - yes the 2CT are the same comound in centre but big diff if you like large lean angles - wont get nearly the milage out of them though so if you are like me hard corners (I have lightened the bike a fairbit to handle like a true sports bike) then the 2CT is worth the $$ - normal quick eiding though not much differnece but I find I can spin up the PP eaiser. As for the BT015 LOL I wheel spin every where and power slide all the time, fun but not confidence inspiring; you can stick Bridgegrones somewhere ........ plus I prefer the higher profile of the PP :P
BK

Volvi Wrote:I run Mich PP 2CT, before were standard PP's. Im not convinced the 2CT is necessary or warrants the extra costs. The centre on 2CT is not harder for touring, its same as standard. Its the sides that are softer thats it and find the rear scollops as the front which never did on standard rear. I ran the non 2CT and they were fine, never stepped out. My next choice is going back to standard PP or may try a rear PRoad.

Am interested in hearing comparison of PP to P Road.
Egos; everyone got one