More Power Racing Feedback
G'day Coffee2

Just wondering if many people had ordered gear from More Power Racing in the states, if you have I'd appreciate your feedback and opinion. I'm interested in buying my R77 carbon slip-ons from them. Likewise if anyone uses Paypal I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts on that.

Cheers
Troy
Leviathan Wrote:if anyone uses Paypal I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts on that.

Paypal has been good every time I've used it. If you want you can use their direct debit facility to transfer money from your bank account. And it stops the seller from seeing your account/credit card details. Often, it will take care of giving them your shipping address so you don't have to repeat that info to the seller.

It doesn't make things idiot proof though. I recently bought a power commander from a reputable seller in the states. Paypal communicated my address but the seller still wrote the wrong address onto my parcel. I found them (StarCycle) very vague when I tried to resolve the issue.
Licence Back!
Leviathan Wrote:G'day Coffee2

Just wondering if many people had ordered gear from More Power Racing in the states, if you have I'd appreciate your feedback and opinion. I'm interested in buying my R77 carbon slip-ons from them. Likewise if anyone uses Paypal I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts on that.

Cheers
Troy

Hi Troy,
I ordered a full R77 system from More Power Racing on 4th April and it has only just arrived in Australia on Monday and the UPS Tracking site has it down for delivery on Friday the 9th. In their defense they did originally quote me 2 to 3 weeks backorder for the Titanium one from the Yosh Factory.
After 3 weeks I was getting a bit nervous as I was checking my account on their site and no action was occurring, so I started emailing them and sent at least 6 messages before receiving a reply. By this time they had despatchedt he system and it was on it's way. UPS have a great tracking feature that they send a link to you with. I watched it go from Washington through Kentucky, then Honolulu and into Sydney. It's somewhere between here and there at the moment.
Another issue I had was that they originally quoted me the wrong shipping cost and a week after the order I got an apologetic message explaining their mistake and offering me the option of canceling the order or paying the extra $379.00 US. I paid as the full system will still come in under $1500.00 AUD.
As far a Pay Pal goes they provide a good service but maybe take Tim's suggestion as for direct debit. I just used my card. They also came up with some off the planet exchange rate "The exchange rate for this purchase is 1 AUD = 0.889316USD" The going rate for that day on the Australian Foreign Exchange website was around 1 aus = 93 cent us.
So More Power had problems with my order but they came through in the end and were pleasant enough to deal with once they got my order back on track and I would use them again as their prices are hard to beat.
I will either avoid Pay Pal or be more smarter next time.
Sorry about the long reply but hope it helps.
Craig
Leviathan Wrote:Likewise if anyone uses Paypal I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts on that.

Troy,
Paypal charge the SELLER a service fee & usually the seller will increase the retail price to cover this fee. Just like they do for VISA or M/Card.
The exchange rate difference noted in the previous post is also exactly the same as what any financial institution will do. (maybe the % differs a bit)

If you elect to do a direct transfer into the sellers bank account make sure you check VERY closely what the bank charges are.
Your AU bank will charge you around $25 to $30 as a transfer fee BUT the receiving US bank will also charge a fee, which can be up to US$100.
Most AU banks do not disclose overseas bank fees & just say "transferer of the money is responsble for all charges". The overseas bank will deduct their fees from the amount & the seller does not receive the full amount. THEN youhave to send MORE money which will attract the same transfer fees as the first transfer.

So in this situation PayPal is not so expensive, maybe. & also, PayPal is instant transfer where the bank direct transfer will take 3 to 5 days to clear.

If you transfer money to a country other than the US, also be aware that most banks use a New York bank as their exchange platform. So that bank will also charge a handling fee as well as your sending bank & the receiving bank.
I got my pair of Yoshi R77 slip ons for less than $1500.00 AU from a local dealer.
I have also been told that I might get a rebate later from the importer for buying locally rather than from OS.
That would be a bonus.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I use PayPal whenever I can as they offer some security if goods dont arrive, I havent tested them yet on this but feels safer to me then direct deposit. The exchange rate they offer cant be the best, no doubt they make a few percentage points on that. Last purchase was at .90 something when the media rate was .94 however dont forget the media rate is not always the rate you get when you buy or sell, usually lower.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Volvi Wrote:dont forget the media rate is not always the rate you get when you buy or sell, usually lower.

Very true Volvi. Sometimes when I send small amounts overseas ($10k to $20k) I'll use the bank TT service. When I call they tell me the current exchange rate. I then have 20 seconds to accept that rate.
If I don't accept within 20secs I am then told another rate, & the process goes on.
This is because the exchange rate is constantly changing.
The exchange rate we are told on the news etc is the latest rate available prior to the news broadcast being recoreded / aired.
By the time we actually hear the rate on the evening or morning news, the actual rate could have changed dramatically.

If I send amounts larger than $20k I use a specific money trading service. But this is only for amounts $20k to $2m.

I haven't needed to worry about any amounts over $2m yetLol2
I got the r-77 slip on from them, paid pay pal, the gear must have been in stock as it was here in around 2 weeks, also Scorpio SR-i500 alarm ( got the wiring loom posted direct from Scorpio $25) and tank pad in the same order, all up was I think $1200 plus $160 postage. Sadly for me I am still waiting for a bike and now the talk for these LTD white bikes is late May/June, I have after market parts hidden all over the place away from the wife Roll
Coffee2

Thanks guys for sharing your thoughts & experiences. I'll do a bit more research and let you know how it goes.