Fuel Preferences
Interested to read members opinions of different fuels (for road use). Do you use only one brand? Have you had good or bad experiences with a brand of fuel.

Personally, I have only ever put Shell premium unleaded in my '06.

You??
I mostly use standard unleaded in my 99.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
For the last few months that I had my 99 bike, I tried to run Mobil 6000 (95) exclusively because it ran real smooth.
I carried on with it when the GEN II bike came along but suddenly they took it off the market to bring in their new Ethanol 95.
I have now switched to Vortex 98 or BP Ultimate 98 and find that the higher compression Gen II bike likes it a lot!
I had sworn off BP a year ago because a dodgy distributor was dispensing rotten fuel to all the stations on the North Coast of NSW and I copped a couple of tank fulls.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Only use BP Ultimate, am scared of Shell especially Optimax, been bad reports.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Summer time 98 winter 91, at the track, Bankstown special. 112
Volvi Wrote:Only use BP Ultimate, am scared of Shell especially Optimax, been bad reports.

+1Pi_thumbsup
There is that much shit fuel around its not funny these days, i use to buy standard fuel for 37c ltr and that doesn't seem that long ago.Now days i buy from BP95,or caltex vortex.Caltex has they best quality fuel and 98 is now 14c more per liter than 91 a f##ken rip off.
To the best of my knowledge all refineries share supply when low on stock so I donâ€t think you can ever guarantee you will have clean fuel no matter whoâ€s pump you use also there is nothing stopping someone topping up there tanks with toluline or some other shitty by-product, so I just make sure itâ€s one of the big guys when I refill. Also the bike runs fine on standard ULP but if I intend to push it hard then I use BP ultimate or Vpower.
I NEVER use any Shell product. Mainly coz my mrs would rip my nuts out.
Shell company are, & have been for many yrs, doing major environmental damage to several 3rd world countries.
The other half is an environmentalist & so "we" are not allowed to use Shell products at all.

There are also some issues with Nestle & so anything Nestle is banned in our house as well. That doesn't leave much to choose from.

Getting back to the fuel,
I use 95 in mine. I like BP fuel & so I try for them but Caltex as a 2nd.
Louwai Wrote:I NEVER use any Shell product. Mainly coz my mrs would rip my nuts out.
Shell company are, & have been for many yrs, doing major environmental damage to several 3rd world countries.
The other half is an environmentalist & so "we" are not allowed to use Shell products at all.

There are also some issues with Nestle & so anything Nestle is banned in our house as well. That doesn't leave much to choose from.

Getting back to the fuel,
I use 95 in mine. I like BP fuel & so I try for them but Caltex as a 2nd.
same here shell is shit . i use mobil.bp. and caltex had a vtr that ran no good shell wont use it again
there is only a caltex and a shell refinery in sydney.so that means mobil,bp,caltex are all the same base fuel with different additive packages.Shell is of course shell,however i,ve seen mobil trucks drive out of shell refinery at clyde.
spamanglenn Wrote:there is only a caltex and a shell refinery in sydney.so that means mobil,bp,caltex are all the same base fuel with different additive packages.Shell is of course shell,however i,ve seen mobil trucks drive out of shell refinery at clyde.
northern n.s.w our fuel comes from brisbane. only bp an caltex in brissy.
caltex vortex or bp , used shell optimax untill busa decided it only wanted to run on two cylinders on it, had to replace plugs filters and flush the tank. will never touch shell again.!!!
BikerI recently rode my 1999 Busa from Melbourne to Perth via the long way,Great Oceon,,Mt Gambier and some side trips in SA.I filled up with every conceivable brand available including biofuel in a couple of places in SA . I did some stop go city work and a 300 Klm run to test the speed legend, and the temperature of the ride varied from 19 deg cold and wet in Geelong, to 40 deg + in the WA weatbelt. Throughout all the differant fuels and temeratures I experianced ,the bike ran like a charm and never missed a beat.I normaly run it on regular unleaded as there seems to be no advantge when I filled with premium . In fact, the previous owner said he found the bike ran rougher when he filled with premium grade and the Suzuki dealer told him to stay with the regular unleaded.
azifucan Wrote:caltex vortex or bp , used shell optimax untill busa decided it only wanted to run on two cylinders on it, had to replace plugs filters and flush the tank. will never touch shell again.!!!

Shell has always been a bad fuel to use in high reving engines.
The latest "new" fuel from shell which has been out for about a yr now, is advertised as being good for high reving engines.
They seem to be trying to get some of the boating & biking business back.
No matter what I still won't ever be using Shell.