fUEL PROBLEMS
I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem like i am getting with the 99 busa .its going great until i back off going down hill when i accelerate its dead feels like fuel but why only when i back off for 50 or more meters.Then once it gets fuel again a few seconds it goes like a busa should.any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.cheers crumpy.
Good idea for a fuel system strip down and clean/filter replacement, if it hasn't been done in a while.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
If it was a hot day Crumpy, the return fuel hose may have spun around on the tank spiggot and developed a kink. The reinforced hose should not do that but it sounds like what it used to do before I fitted the strengthened hose.
If you have had the tank up or the hoses off, they may need to be reset in the correct position.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:If it was a hot day Crumpy, the return fuel hose may have spun around on the tank spiggot and developed a kink. The reinforced hose should not do that but it sounds like what it used to do before I fitted the strengthened hose.
If you have had the tank up or the hoses off, they may need to be reset in the correct position.

Gday Ray I should empty tank and fit reinforced hose aye will have fairing off saturday to fit mesh so will do it then.It was a warm day at canowindra and wyangala dam.have to get a ride together to wyangala dam as i can get cbins for $40.00 a night sleeps 10 to12 thats approx$4.00 each and some great rides also.great club as well.
99 fuel pumps always have to be watched, if it hasnt been overhauled ie cleaned out with new filters maybe its time to do it.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
It is my old bike Volvi.
I did the filters and the injectors not long before I sold it.
I'm pretty sure it will be a kinked hose in Crumpy's case.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO