Dual compound vs Single Compound
hi all, tis interesting to note people talking about achieved mileage on different tyre brands as what you will get depends on how you ride and we all ride differently. One bloke I know got 16000km,s out of a rear stock BT056 but I doubt he ever saw the rev counter past the 3000 mark. The stickier the tyre the less km you will get out of it thats just physics. I like to try and get 6000km out of a rear and 12000km out of a front ( economics ) and that is with a track day and a couple of light duty burn outs thrown in. If most of my riding is cruising with my wife on the back I can achieve that easily with pilot powers or even more so with BT056, but if as at the moment most of my riding is racing through the twisties with my mates on their superbikes and supersports I am not going to have no show. It is time for a new front and I,m going to give the pilot 2ct a go I dont expect it to be as sticky as the pilot power but the pilot powers aren,t giving me the mileage i want, my mate has them on his zx12 and he is getting good mileage and no problems with grip.
Gday Jock Welcome to the site.
I run Bridgestone BT0014s front and rear and get about those ks.
Im trying the Duel compound BT0020 on the rear ( To be updated to the BT0021 ) and have toured and played on these and am impressed with the Grip and Durability.
[Image: photo3.jpg]
LOAFIE Wrote:Gday Jock Welcome to the site.
I run Bridgestone BT0014s front and rear and get about those ks.
Im trying the Duel compound BT0020 on the rear ( To be updated to the BT0021 ) and have toured and played on these and am impressed with the Grip and Durability.

Gday Buddy, several years ago i was riding a bandit 1200, came out with BT020 's on it and I easily achieved that sort of mileage, switched to BT014,s for more grip and chewed them out in no time, I doubt that they would last long on my busa if the bandit chewed them up seeing as now we have another 50% more power on tap, I dont know for sure though having not tried them, in the end on the bandit I had a BT014 on the front and a BT020 on the rear, a sticky front and a loose rear is not a bad combo. Always been a bridgestone man and both tyres are good. Going to give Michelin a go I think they might have a rounder profile which should benefit the Busa front end. I think i,m being too much of a bad boy these days chasing my mates on their superbikes, chewing up rubber like there is no tomorrow, mind you so are they. Had an M2CT fitted to the front today it feels good so far but not fully broke in yet so havn't pushed too hard will see how we go in the mountains this weekend. will keep you posted, do the same for me.
The BT015s on the K8 busa are superb tyres.
If you have an opportunity to try them in the future, give it a go.
I can't say what the mileage will be but I have over 2000 ks up and they still look great.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I am running the Diablo Corsa 3 tyre, 190/55 - its Pirelli's duel compound & I found its just as good as the diablo corsa (If not better) for lean but for the freeways it rocks due to better wear on the centre :) also great grip in the wet!!
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
BUSGO Wrote:The BT015s on the K8 busa are superb tyres.
I can't say what the mileage will be but I have over 2000 ks up and they still look great.

As with all things - opinions differ on the BT015s. Some discussion here:

http://www.busanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300

Personally, I don't like them.
Licence Back!
G/Day Jock This topic seems to get so many different responses to it here's mine 8 sets of BS 014s great tyre average some where between 3to5 out of them at the moment Dunlop Qualifiers with 1700 on them that includes 2 days at E/C awesome tyre in the dry not so in the wet would put them on again when riding locally on tour Iam in the situation where I will have to decide soon. Next week Myself Shredder and a couple of others are going on a huge ride which we will probably need to source some more hoops on the way two of us have pilot 2s on ,1 with 014s myself with qualifiers on doing around 7000 ks all up WSBK/GOR/TASSIE will post our findings on return.

Mark
TimF Wrote:
BUSGO Wrote:The BT015s on the K8 busa are superb tyres.

As with all things - opinions differ on the BT015s. Some discussion here:

http://www.busanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300

Personally, I don't like them.

Yep I read that Tim, but remember those guys are riding around in the dead of winter over there.
I feel totally confident with the 15s, much like the Metzeler M3s that I had on my other bike.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO