Riding gear repairer wanted in Melb
Guys, anyone know / recommend a good repairer???

My boot uppers are still perfect but need new soles.
Jacket & wet pants could do with some new zips too.

I reckon repairing has got to be cheaper than buying new......

I'm in Rowville, so east side would be best, but I'm willing to travel anywhere to get good quality work & service.

Bryan
Louwai - your not far from me in Bayswater...

I got Mars leathers in the city to fix mine - was only a few hundred including full resizing as well.

as for something out this way.... your guess is as good as mine mate
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
Thanks Raz,
I rang them but they are not interested.
If the gear is not leather, or if it's boots they don't want to touch it.

Mine is Dririder. So they are not interested. They said just take the boots toany shoe repairer.
Yeah I can do that, but I want someone who does bike boots & does them well.
Louwai
Be real carefull bout who you get to do ya boots mate. had a good pair of Rossi's fcked by a bootmaker few years ago. just went in for new soles and came back like they was from two different sets.

Tom

whats worse was it was a guy that was recomended as a good bloke.
I had my zip replaced in a 2 piece suit by a guy in Centre Road Bentleigh. It is a leather shop near a big paint shop. (cannot remember the number) Been there for absolutely ages.

Great price and good job too.
I've been to the same guy in Centre rd Bentleigh.
I can't remember his name either, I think he only does leather as well.
He used to work for Torrini leather in graham street Port Melbourne. Bryan, give the people there a call and they will gladly give you his phone number.

Good luck Very Happy
never fly higher than your angel.
It's come to me now, his name is Alex Trophy
never fly higher than your angel.
I had a jacket zip replaced by a guy in Camberwell Rd Camberwell a couple of years ago, can't remember exactly where but if you ring Peter Stevens City (accessories) they will know the addy as they use this bloke for warranty work & they gave his details to me.

He did a very good job... !
Never ride the A model of anything.
Cheers all, thanks.

I'll check them out.

Bryan
I know your stuff isn't leather but if any of you lads need to get any leather stuff repaired & you can get to Frankston try Don's Leatherworks. I've been going to him for 17 years & his work has always been impeccable.

As for boots, I just get mine resoled by a shoeshop in Franga too. I've had a pair of Rossi's & a pair of Alpine Stars done & they were both perfect, & cheap. The issue with the Alpine's was that I had to get the new soles from a bike shop. If you have a regular shop that you go to I'm sure they'll order them in for you. If anyone needs the shoe dudes name let me know & I'll get his details next time I'm in the deep south!!!

Louwai Wrote:Cheers all, thanks.

I'll check them out.

Bryan
How did you go louwai?

I just realised i need my jacket done too an its not leather,its a joe rocket
one.
NEMESIS Wrote:How did you go louwai?

I just realised i need my jacket done too an its not leather,its a joe rocket
one.

Haven't done it yet mate....
Still waiting for a chance to do it. Probably when I get the bike serviced next.
So who you going to take it too?
NEMESIS Wrote:So who you going to take it too?

You mean the bike?????
Don't know that yet. Probably will try Pete's Pitstop in Dandenong. I've never been there but have heard good things.
One thing I'm sure of, I won't be taking it to the crowd I went to last time.
Problem is, I heard good things about them as well.... & they turned out to be crap.....

And if you mean the gear,
Dunno that either yet.Roll I'll go over the things people have posted here & make a few calls & see where I get......
dude - PTR - price was good & lets face it - Phil & his team know bikes. They sorted the problems I had after **** hrrmmm. anyway.

PTR - do it! :) you will be happy.
[Image: nocensorship.gif]