Front number plates on motorcycles by 2009...
as per vic roads - taken from AMCN.

http://www.allmoto.com/frontplates.pdf

personally I say screw that! Just because some are jealous with what we can do - not et away with, we can be caught just as well as cars.... bar the out sourced speed camera setups which face toward you....

either way...

discuss!
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
various motorcycle lobby groups have argued their case against this over the years in various states. in sa the plod have stick on rego plate on the front of their bikes.if the regime in victoria wants it ,it will be introduced, cause it will save lives. wont it? everyone knows that its not about safety, the reports never say where the fatalities occour or what or who caused the accidents. if your not happy write your local mp ,ask the tough ?s , make noise about it. in the end it comes down to the regimes making more money.
[Image: 583b3abf-1.jpg]
What a CROC!!!

The whole argument for the fitting of front identifiers is based on the presumption that if front identifiers are fitted to motorcycles, they will slow the rider down to a NON death defying speed and therefore give that rider a 20% more chance of surviving the ride.
It also presumes that 53% of motorcycle deaths involve travelling at above the signposted speed limit. (pretty good estimation by someone)

Question: What is that speed?
Answer: Whatever the front facing speed camera happens to be set on...

Question: Will a motorcyclist slow down because he has a front identifier fitted?
Answer: Yes, whenever the motorcyclist is approaching a speed camera.
No, at any other time.

Question: How many of us have been killed or "Almost killed" due to travelling at higher than signposted speed limits?
Answer: (Put your hand up if you are dead) Or ALMOST DEAD due to speeding.

Question: How many of us have been killed or "Almost killed" due to other traffic hazards including blind drivers, poor road surfaces?
Answer: Many more than killed by travelling above the speed limit.

Question: What is the purpose of this exercise?
Answer: To gather a few thousand more dollars from inatentive riders who blunder upon a speed camera without slowing down. (They probably deserve to be booked for inatentiveness)

Of course, I'm speaking from my home in NSW where all speed cameras have to be signposted unless they are in a roving patrol car.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
bloody heck Scary

I am interested by page 27 "...it was pointed out that front number identifiers are not required (and indeed sometimes banned) in almost every other jurisdiction in the world...."

yup, good ol' Vicroads, at the cutting (pun intended) edge of traffic safety.
I would just pay the fine as there would be no way i would put a plate on the front of my bike
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
What an absolute crock of shit ,half of the riders are hit by people in cars .
And what do they say Oh sorry i didn't see you .a front identifier will do jack shit to stop that ,How about removing the cheese cutters from our roads they will definatley help reduce the road toll .Pi_thumbsdown
This is just another bullshit money grabbing political scam Police

Where the hell is my soap box gone Wtf
make some noise you folks. stick it up ya local MP,I recall vic riders had a shitfight about kerbside parking, you guys won that from memory, if enough noise is made repeatedly alarm bells ring in the halls of disjustice. fight the c%n@s cause its regimes trying to take over. i say fight the tnucs in power
[Image: 583b3abf-1.jpg]
dont worry about it , its not a problem .
let them spend there 22 million decking out bikes with these stupid decals .

because they wont get one cent of revinue from me for it .
1st thing I will do when I come to a camera or overhead camers , is PUT MY HAND OVER IT .
( no revenue)

2nd thing , wash the living shit out of it untill its unreadable .( car wash with a snipped of metho ) ;)
In 1990 alot of the European countrys abolished the front number plate due to a few accidents and practicality.There where cases when the number plate came loose and hit the rider,let me tell you that a 2to3mm piece of aluminium flying towards you at "100km/h" could do some serious damage to your jugular.
Its a shame that the previous goverment in this country penalised riders for all the wrong reasons,people overseas are pushed to go onto two wheels creating less traffic,polution and more parking space.On the other hand back here when the gov saw that sales where up they decided to increase the bogus charges because they saw a window of oportunity to grab a few more dollars.Australians or any one for that matter should grow a political spine and speak up, organise rallys,turn up on bikes to your local parlament house and make yourself heard if things need to change.People complain about the french and their atitude but if we take a page out of there book you can actually see that if they dont get what they want (within reason)or changes done to some stupid work choice agrreements than all hell breaks loose.Im not saying that violence is the answer but forceful determination is an option,we are given laws and regulations and we abide and because of this leaders have a free reign on us until we react.The operative word is REACT.
If they want more revenue we want better roads,logical speed limits and a revue on testing and how license's are obtained ....at least.
Might be a while before it gets to W.A if it happens.
i find more motorcyclist die from hitting trees and poles.

LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE

LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE
Has anyone realised how good a bike looks with no numberplates at all?

*insert halo*
Why don't they register and put number plates on friggen push bikes - THEY need to be held more accountable than us. and the laws that govern us obviously don't cover them

example - a courier rider last year ran a red light in the city and hit an elderly man that was crossing the street - that man hit his head and later died in hospital - courier was taken to court - and he got a good behavior sentence of about 3 months from memory.

Now if it was one of us on our motor bikes that would have done that , we would have been done for running red light , negligent driving occasioning death and a few others i can't think of - and jail time WOULD be served

so if they want to put a number bike on a bike - make it a push bike they apply them too

Boc
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
like i said about the gps speed thingies someone was talking about putting in bikes. if it happens i f*&^ing outa here! or on the other hand we could start some civil action that aint so civil!! i get more and more angry everyday reading about new laws for motor cycles blah blah blahfucking blah. its about time motorcyclists especially those of us who commute on a bike rather than car when practical are supported for using less oil, less space and cause zero damage to roads. i say f*** the politicians, f*** the safetycrats if we are labeled as a public annoyance and dangerous maybe for a day we should all join together and become a real puiblic anoyance. maybe blockade parliment in canberra i got plenty of leave built up!
Regards

Dan
Dan85 Wrote:like i said about the gps speed thingies someone was talking about putting in bikes. if it happens i f*&^ing outa here! or on the other hand we could start some civil action that aint so civil!! i get more and more angry everyday reading about new laws for motor cycles blah blah blahfucking blah. its about time motorcyclists especially those of us who commute on a bike rather than car when practical are supported for using less oil, less space and cause zero damage to roads. i say f*** the politicians, f*** the safetycrats if we are labeled as a public annoyance and dangerous maybe for a day we should all join together and become a real puiblic anoyance. maybe blockade parliment in canberra i got plenty of leave built up!

Nice to see you got that new keyboard Dan
You angry angry manPi_tongue
Oooh, pushies can speed too, i got up to 90km on a long steep downhill in a 60... pretty dangerous on one of them...